Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Wolves V's Kings Lynn Stars. Mon 30-04-2018

3 hours ago, g13webb said:

That's the way the BSPA write the rules, enabling them to be changed when they want.....

To me it say's it applies to the initial declaration,so anything after that it doesn't apply.No wonder the rule book is so big as people then want things added on to existing rules.Anyway like rules in anything the people in the right chair will change the rules anytime they deem fit.

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

To me it say's it applies to the initial declaration,so anything after that it doesn't apply.No wonder the rule book is so big as people then want things added on to existing rules.Anyway like rules in anything the people in the right chair will change the rules anytime they deem fit.

The question to me is what are the rules after initial declaration? It suggests anything goes if you read it that way and hence why rules get changed ad hoc to suit as the season goes which is where all the problems are.

A clear rulebook with transparency would cut that out but as we know the BSPA don't want anything clear as it gives them the option to makes rules up as they go along during the season. 

Which makes the points of view that the 1 over 8 rule was done purely to cut costs which is madness if you can sign as many over 8's as you can (or expensive under 8's in some cases) in the season. Utter madness. 

• Like 1

Soon then, we can expect to see all those GP stars ( on at least £5k per meeting ) who will attract another 2 or 300 fans ( fingers crossed ). Next downward step in UK speedway would be made easier if they were allowed to pick and choose their meetings ( any 3 in a season minimum say ) but hang on that rule already exists " in the best interests of UK speedway". No problem.

I seems the BSPA/SCB has clicked to the Poole average manipulation too. It's now rolling averages from 20 matches including the season 2017. This now stops the dropping of Shanes for Holder scenario :D 

Good to see the authorities on the ball for a change

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I seems the BSPA/SCB has clicked to the Poole average manipulation too. It's now rolling averages from 20 matches including the season 2017. This now stops the dropping of Shanes for Holder scenario :D 

Good to see the authorities on the ball for a change

Shanes has been dropped for Nielsen.

Just now, tellboy said:

Shanes has been dropped for Nielsen.

I'm aware of that, but originally it was to be rolling averages after the first greensheets. They now changed it to rolling averages including 2017. This is keeping Poole's team average almost 3 points higher than their actual averages for 2018. This has now stopped Poole bringing in Holder for Shanes. The Pirates management are now having to have a total rethinking, hence the short term signing of Nielsen. 

• Like 2