Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Wolves V's Kings Lynn Stars. Mon 30-04-2018

Recommended Posts

Was surprised there was not a thread already started.,    so  thinking  either the interest in the match is low , or probably the weather forecasting  rain.   :o   either way it doesn't show much enthusiasm.

For my two pennies worth,  I think this one of the hardest places to go and get a result.  But saying that most of our riders have been there before and know the ropes,   also most of our team are reasonable gaters,   so who knows a point could be possible..   Am going for a 48-42 home win.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wolves are mega strong at home but we have started the season quite well.....Lewis Rose needs to be fit if he rides as he obviously wasn't at the Foxhole last night. Can see us going down fighting by 10-12 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think Wolverhampton have enjoyed enough success for one season ( winning the Championship). :wink:  Lets hope NKI  discovers his old Monmore form.  Ty had a few season there as well so we should be able to make a fist of.   Saying that cant see anything other than a comfy home victory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Stars have a strong 1 and 2 pairing and strong reserves although not sure what Andersen will make of Monmore. NKI, Lambert and Rose should score well, NKI holds the track record and always goes well round there. Should be a Wolves win but will be closer than our first 2 home meetings, 6-10 point win

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

The Stars have a strong 1 and 2 pairing and strong reserves although not sure what Andersen will make of Monmore. NKI, Lambert and Rose should score well, NKI holds the track record and always goes well round there. Should be a Wolves win but will be closer than our first 2 home meetings, 6-10 point win

Couldn't agree more. Iversen is always a big scorer at Monmore, likewise Lambert is great value also. Could be our toughest test yet.

47-43

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be my first wolves meeting of the season and I'm expecting a cracker I think I personally have make underestimated wolves this season and I think others have underestimated the lynn team this season who i think is quite a solid team ..

With nki and ruthless for lynn both should be getting around 10 each .lewi s Kerr could potentially score big from reserve should be a interesting evening looking forward to it ...

Wolves to win 48-42 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking about this match and Posts so far, there' been no mention of Ty Proctor, who use to ride at  Monmore.     Has started the season well and scoring good points wherever he rides.   He could be our secret weapon  as a third heatleader.   He has to be pleased with the start he's made and no doubt will fancy his chances of scoring a few more points... 

It might finish closer then I first imagined...           Did think about making the trip this year,  but with Promoters cancelling at the first sight of rain,   its a long way to go when the weather forecast looks decidingly  dodgy.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well early indications are this match will be off,as well as Wednesday's meeting at home.This has got to be the worst start to the season i can remember weather wise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, g13webb said:

Thinking about this match and Posts so far, there' been no mention of Ty Proctor, who use to ride at  Monmore.     Has started the season well and scoring good points wherever he rides.   He could be our secret weapon  as a third heatleader.   He has to be pleased with the start he's made and no doubt will fancy his chances of scoring a few more points... 

It might finish closer then I first imagined...           Did think about making the trip this year,  but with Promoters cancelling at the first sight of rain,   its a long way to go when the weather forecast looks decidingly  dodgy.....

From what I remember of Proctor he was very disappointing for us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

From what I remember of Proctor he was very disappointing for us

From what I remember, quite the contrary! Injury wrecked what looked like being his best season, can't recall what year off the top of my head. Always liked Ty, passionate rider and a very funny, dry sense of humour. Pleased to see him making a good start to the current campaign.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Fourentee said:

From what I remember, quite the contrary! Injury wrecked what looked like being his best season, can't recall what year off the top of my head. Always liked Ty, passionate rider and a very funny, dry sense of humour. Pleased to see him making a good start to the current campaign.

2014, scored between 4-6 points at home usually although did manage 9 points on one occasion, dropped from heatleader to second string mid season so can't have been his best season

Edited by Call me wolfie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a 2014 Wolves Programme  where he scored  10 +1  from 4 rides ,  so he weren't  that bad.....      It showed he knows how to  ride  that track... if nothing else....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×