British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Berwick Bandits v Lakeside Hammers. Championship 28/4/18

Can't be any worse than last week. Can it ?

Very tough looking match tonight , plenty guys in The Hammers team that go well at Shielfield and the addition of Oyster- Card certainly is going to weeken  them , we'll need all 7 riders to on top form can't afford to carry any passengers. After last week I'm not going to make any predictions on a a score . Just hope it's a good match with so decent racing 

1 hour ago, DSC67 said:

Very tough looking match tonight , plenty guys in The Hammers team that go well at Shielfield and the addition of Oyster- Card certainly is going to weeken  them , we'll need all 7 riders to on top form can't afford to carry any passengers. After last week I'm not going to make any predictions on a a score . Just hope it's a good match with so decent racing 

I'll put my head above the parapet and say 41-49 with Ostergaard riding now. Lakeside top end will prove the difference.

Lawson ill - Chris Harris guests for the Hammers.

:rolleyes: 

6 minutes ago, TonyE said:

That weakens Lakeside IMO ,but will add to entertainment  value.

• Like 1

The way Lawson has been flying from the gate recently Bomber definitely weakens the Hammers. 

I remember Jon Cooks famous comment when Chris guested once before “Come on Bomber we know you can’t get out the starting gate but you’re hardly getting out of the pit gate tonight!”

Aye definitely weakens them Bomber only scored 12 when he was here 2 weeks ago :D:D

Lawson been eating dodgy burgers ? 

28 minutes ago, TonyE said:

In that case, Richard will not be eligible for the KO Cup legs against Ipswich next Thursday and Friday.

16.5.1(h) is sick or carrying a non-speedway injury for which a Medical Certificate must be supplied to the SCB within 48 hours of the sickness / injury occurring in which case the Rider will receive a mandatory 7 days suspension of his SCB Registration from the day of the meeting.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tocha said:

In that case, Richard will not be eligible for the KO Cup legs against Ipswich next Thursday and Friday.

16.5.1(h) is sick or carrying a non-speedway injury for which a Medical Certificate must be supplied to the SCB within 48 hours of the sickness / injury occurring in which case the Rider will receive a mandatory 7 days suspension of his SCB Registration from the day of the meeting.  

It is "family illness" 

7 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

It is "family illness" 

If that is the case I don't know how this works now although he is still missing due to a non speedway injury. The press statement supplied by Lakeside just refers to its being due to illness. Obviously, though, I hope this means he is not ruled out next week.

10 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

It is "family illness" 

It shouldn't matter.  If the rulebook says you should be off for 7 days you should be missing for 7 days.  Was it not brought in to stop riders picking and choosing their meetings (Lakeside are receiving a facility for him).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

It shouldn't matter.  If the rulebook says you should be off for 7 days you should be missing for 7 days.  Was it not brought in to stop riders picking and choosing their meetings (Lakeside are receiving a facility for him).

We will just have to wait and see the "interpretation" of the rule book as usual and what Promotions ate involved.