British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Berwick Bandits v Lakeside Hammers. Championship 28/4/18

Predicted 41-49 and happy to be proved wrong. How different it would have been with Ostergaard fit who knows. Great boost for Berwick though. Doolan was superb, looked very fast all night. Really need to do something about the 3-4 pairing, which looks vulnerable. Impressed with Ben Morley for Lakeside, better than I remembered at Shielfield. Always good to see Bomber riding round here, non-stop racer. And good to see Nick Morris back as well.

On a totally separate note, there was some absolutely cracking races in the NJL match, a couple of good battles between Keiron Douglas and Josh Embleton, then Sam McGurk, Luke Harrison and Archie Freeman had three really great struggles, riding way beyond their years.

• Like 3

I'm willing to give time and see how he goes at reserve.. He did look to have a wee bit more speed in heat 12..

Anyways, at times you do need luck to win a meeting and we had ours tonight for sure! So happy to send Lakeside away with nowt :approve: 

Lookong forward to seeing the weirdos and losers :lol: from the west coast next week! 

Had an eye on this on updates as there were five riders with Rye connections on show. 

Looks like a really good performance from Morley, not a track he'd generally be expected to do well at.

Kev Doolan's scoring these past couple of nights seems to have rolled the clock back a decade or so as well! 

12 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

While agreeing he looked woeful at Armadale, his ride in Heat 12 tonight was purposeful and spirited.    He will drop to reserve from May 1st which might benefit both club and rider. 

Do Shield matches count for averages? I thought it was 4H 4A in league for an average?

3 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Do Shield matches count for averages? I thought it was 4H 4A in league for an average?

Pretty sure the old Premier Trophy meetings counted, so I should think they do for this

15 minutes ago, topsoil said:

On a totally separate note, there was some absolutely cracking races in the NJL match, a couple of good battles between Keiron Douglas and Josh Embleton, then Sam McGurk, Luke Harrison and Archie Freeman had three really great struggles, riding way beyond their years.

Absolutely correct!  A great wee mini-match, and well worth staying back for on a chilly night.    Berwick Academy won in the end, but it was nip and tuck all the way.  Great stuff! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Jenga in moral high ground irony shocker over light hearted post

Best wishes to Richard if the real issue is a serious family situation as you state

i didnt STATE that , i said maybe .

2 hours ago, waco said:

From a Lakeside point of view you can not lose two in form heat leaders and expect to win away  But well done Berwick any way..From a personal point of view  it was pleasing to see Ben Morley put. In a solid performance with 8plus points..Hopefully tonight's situation with the team will not happen again this season...

Newman was disappointing .Morley impressive.Also I thought the junior match was better entertainment some good talent on show.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Shadders said:

Pretty sure the old Premier Trophy meetings counted, so I should think they do for this

They don’t it is 4H and 4A in league for a new average now 

Right people as you know i wasn't there last night is it worth buying dvd ?

14 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

No. Can’t recall a single pass all night.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shadders said:

I have a feeling I’ve resd somewhere they don’t but could be wrong

42 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

No ,unless edited to 1st bend and back strait.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jenga said:

people should not judge riders just because they are missing . we all get ill at some point during the year . on the other hand, richard has elderly grandparents and maybe a this   time he is required to be around .

so until you  know for deffo  whats going on , its better to keep quiet instead of speculating . 

9 hours ago, jenga said:

i didnt STATE that , i said maybe .

So not following your own advice as per the last line of your original 'rebuke'