British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Berwick Bandits v Lakeside Hammers. Championship 28/4/18

Is this one from the Chris Neath book of excuses? 

• Haha 1

Another superb rule. If someone is genuinely ill but is ok five days later to ride I don’t see how they can stop him. Lawson needs to get in touch with Nicholls lawyer if they try and stop him earning a living.

Edited by liam

1 hour ago, liam said:

Another superb rule. If someone is genuinely ill but is ok five days later to ride I don’t see how they can stop him. Lawson needs to get in touch with Nicholls lawyer if they try and stop him earning a living.

How is it a stupid rule?

Last season there were lots of riders racing 1 night, ill another night and racing the next night. The rules have been changed to stop this as it's the fans who loose out when the riders pick what meetings they race in (the riders caused the rule change).

The way they can get round it is you get away with your first illness and then get 7 days off for other times you are ill.  

• Like 1

After last week Berwick have plenty of questions to answer, lets hope they answer them as they will need to be at their best to beat this Lakeside team.

3 hours ago, crescent girl said:

It is "family illness" 

So he is not ill and therefore there should be no facility tonight.....

1 hour ago, sparks123 said:

How is it a stupid rule?

Last season there were lots of riders racing 1 night, ill another night and racing the next night. The rules have been changed to stop this as it's the fans who loose out when the riders pick what meetings they race in (the riders caused the rule change).

The way they can get round it is you get away with your first illness and then get 7 days off for other times you are ill.  

It’s a stupid rule because if Lawson is ill why should he not be allowed to ride again for 7 days?

Because those are the rules.... to stop riders taking the mic by picking and choosing their meetings and denying suporters not seeing them. And having to use R/R. By doing this its a deterrent to the "dodgy burger" that has happened in the past. Yes in this case it means the public wont see the rider in 2 other matches but as a guest is now allowed for the top 3 the fans won't be short  changed  and will see 7 riders line up.

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

Won't be there tonight as out for birthday celebrations hope you see a decent meeting and a Bandits win.

2 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Won't be there tonight as out for birthday celebrations hope you see a decent meeting and a Bandits win.

Are you Lawson in disguise :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Because those are the rules.... to stop riders taking the mic by picking and choosing their meetings and denying suporters not seeing them. And having to use R/R. By doing this its a deterrent to the "dodgy burger" that has happened in the past. Yes in this case it means the public wont see the rider in 2 other matches but as a guest is now allowed for the top 3 the fans won't be short  changed  and will see 7 riders line up.

I know those are the rules but it’s a stupid one and I don’t see how they can even do that legally. Forcing riders not to earn a living for daring to be ill.

I am in favour of this seven day rule, if that means we have to go against Ipswich without Richard then so be it, the rule just proves that riders are not missing from meetings at a whim because it has bigger implications than just one match, in fact in Richard's case he will also miss both of Somerset's meetings next week too so he has had to sacrifice another four meetings as a result of missing tonight's.

• Like 2

If I was Richard or any other rider I would not say anything turn up and ride around at the back for four races so I didn’t miss out on another three or four days work.

3 minutes ago, liam said:

If I was Richard or any other rider I would not say anything turn up and ride around at the back for four races so I didn’t miss out on another three or four days work.

But then you conning the public tonight.... but how do you know that today's illness will allow him to ride this week anyways?

Are you suggesting that isn't sick afterall?

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut