British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mike1944

Polish Speedway compared to British Speedway

I don't think it's anything to do with programme filling but to do with the general lack of atmosphere caused in part by the much smaller crowds than we see in Poland. If a race is particularly exciting fans here are on their feet cheering and fill in their programmes later. A good example was last Monday at the NSS when Bewley cane from the back to beat KK. The fans were on their feet as Bewley came out of bend 4 on the last lap and carried on cheering and clapping as he did his lap of honour.

Edited by Aces51

British Speedway is the Darts equivalent of the 'BDO', whilst Polish Speedway is akin to the 'PDC'...

Exactly the same sport, but a world of difference in how each are led from the top, organised,  marketed and followed..

Edited by mikebv

4 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Davis Cup tennis fans are an exception to that.

Ah, but tennis is a sport for people that don't really like sport :lol:

Catching up on the Polish matches recorded and the crowd/atmosphere is awesome (round 2 ZG versus G) and while the racing appears generally better than the UK it is the whole package so the odd average race does not stick out like sore thumb. Shows how it should be done from a presentation spectacle and the enthusiastic crowd is as good as any football derby in this country. Long may they show Polish speedway.

• Like 1

Have You seen Czestochova v Wroclaw on Sunday night ?  Awesome atmosphere with 17,000 spectators packing the Stadium - and the racing was great, too !

5 hours ago, Bavarian said:

Have You seen Czestochova v Wroclaw on Sunday night ?  Awesome atmosphere with 17,000 spectators packing the Stadium - and the racing was great, too !

I think this was possibly the perfect meeting , it had everything speedway could offer and was a joy to watch ,only regret was I wasn’t there 

9 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I think this was possibly the perfect meeting , it had everything speedway could offer and was a joy to watch ,only regret was I wasn’t there 

agree that was a great meeting some spectacular action.Woffy still doesn't mix it much,solid and safe  but will that do at GP level.

As long as the riders realise that however many fans there are we are all just as passionate about our clubs. We may have different way of showing it, different levels of support but it's there... 

There were over 80,000 fans attended 10 matches over the weekend in Poland in all 3 divisions, with division 2(third division) clubs like rzeszow and opole getting over 5000 fans, poland is doing something right 

On 5/1/2018 at 2:25 PM, bruno said:

Thanks R & R  Freddie's looking quick

Agree. If Lindgren maintains this sort of speed and agility in the upcoming GPs, Doyle is going to have to work extra hard to retain his world title...