British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

King's Lynn v Swindon 02/05/2018

Weather predictions anyone,long range not looking good.

If we do get a match it will be tough against the league leaders.Lynn should be stronger at reserve and think we could just edge the match because of this.

If it does fall to the weather then the fixture planner is going to have a big job on his/her hands.We have a free date on the 23rd May but Poole,Wolves and Swindon are riding on that day.

Fingers crossed the forecast changes before Wednesday:(

7 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

None of KL Danes ride on Wednesday due to a clash in their home country. Cool, Palm-Toft & Morris guest, seems that the change from Thursday to Wednesday is the reason for this.

https://t.co/rgOndcHXWC

Cook is Cool:wink:.Think the guests make us about the same strength as what we would be with the 3 Danes in the side.

So Iversen and Andersen are set to miss one more match and Jorgensen shouldn't miss anymore.

Sorry this is nothing but a total farce.

I predict a Press Release on Tuesday calling Wednesday's meeting off because of previous heavy rain coupled with poor forecast. Anyone want to bet against it?

• Like 2

What a joke. Only the second home meeting and 3 of the team will be missing. If it wasn't for me wanting to welcome Batchelor back to the AFA I would be missing too.

Would think Lynn would welcome a rain off on Wednesday going on tonight Lambert in Lublin, looks like hes on a lawnmower!

That is a shame if NKI is missing as I wanted to see Zach beat him again.

• Like 2

You can blame the Championship promoters for our Danes being missing :(

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Trees said:

You can blame the Championship promoters for our Danes being missing :(

Absolute rubbish what about the idiot that planned the premiership fixtures are they not to blame more so as we don’t have a fixture on the 9th

• Like 1

What a joke !!   The fact that Lynn agreed to this meeting tells me all  that we need to be know.      We cancel meetings because of the effect the weather would have on the crowd and then arrange to run a meeting when half a team is missing .    You couldn't make this up......

Why not  switch this fixture to Thursday when all the riders could've rode,    :t:      or  just give Swindon the points without bothering to race,  it would save the embarrassment,   it  cuts-out  the financial outlay,   it would save hours of work   and let the sport be left to die quicker......   

You can add me to the list of those not bothering to go .......

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, g13webb said:

What a joke !!   The fact that Lynn agreed to this meeting tells me all  that we need to be know.      We cancel meetings because of the effect the weather would have on the crowd and then arrange to run a meeting when half a team is missing .    You couldn't make this up......

Why not  switch this fixture to Thursday when all the riders could've rode,    :t:      or  just give Swindon the points without bothering to race,  it would save the embarrassment,   it  cuts-out  the financial outlay,   it would save hours of work   and let the sport be left to die quicker......   

You can add me to the list of those not bothering to go .......

Agree, i was going to call on my way back from the U21 at Berwick, but not now

1 hour ago, sommelier said:

Would think Lynn would welcome a rain off on Wednesday going on tonight Lambert in Lublin, looks like hes on a lawnmower!

Why? He scored 15 last time at Lynn on bikes that are almost certainly sitting in Norfolk. There seem to be a lot of comments on Premiership match threads about Polish meetings this year, not sure scores over there are particularly relevant to our league.

1 hour ago, 5 FURROW said:

Absolute rubbish what about the idiot that planned the premiership fixtures are they not to blame more so as we don’t have a fixture on the 9th

Not rubbish at all. If all clubs had worked together for the good of British speedway as a whole there would have been no clashes as Premiership fixtures would have been on Mondays and Thursdays.

• Like 4

Regardless of the weather I'm giving this thread and meeting a wide birth, absolutely pointless. 

• Like 1

Have a feeling King’s Lynn FC may be hosting a play off Promotion semi final on Wednesday

Count me out as well was looking forward to this one with the return of Batch but definitely won’t be going anywhere near this one 2nd home meeting in 3 riders missing what a total farce yet again - talks of a wet day Monday expect a call off Tuesday lunchtime .