Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

King's Lynn v Swindon 02/05/2018

4 hours ago, Star Lady said:

Sorry this is nothing but a total farce.

I predict a Press Release on Tuesday calling Wednesday's meeting off because of previous heavy rain coupled with poor forecast. Anyone want to bet against it?

I agree a dead cert it will be called off 

Edited by Haza

4 hours ago, Star Lady said:

I predict a Press Release on Tuesday calling Wednesday's meeting off because of previous heavy rain coupled with poor forecast. Anyone want to bet against it?

No because that is looking very likely at this stage anyway.

3 hours ago, 5 FURROW said:

Absolute rubbish what about the idiot that planned the premiership fixtures are they not to blame more so as we don’t have a fixture on the 9th

9th is the premiership riders championship.

13 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Why? He scored 15 last time at Lynn on bikes that are almost certainly sitting in Norfolk. There seem to be a lot of comments on Premiership match threads about Polish meetings this year, not sure scores over there are particularly relevant to our league.

Not rubbish at all. If all clubs had worked together for the good of British speedway as a whole there would have been no clashes as Premiership fixtures would have been on Mondays and Thursdays.

Spot on, as always Baggy! 

Well another good reason to call it off.

KingsLynn Football Club will have the play off semi final at home now on Wednesday evening since they won 3-1 today. so a lot of people will be attending this instead of the speedway. So fingers crossed they will call the speedway off aa the weather is looking about as crap as the team assembled for Wednesday. it’s stupid having the two major teams in Lynn playing at home on the same evening 

Edited by lynnboy
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, lynnboy said:

Well another good reason to call it off.

KingsLynn Football Club will have the play off semi final at home now on Wednesday evening since they won 3-1 today. so a lot of people will be attending this instead of the speedway. So fingers crossed they will call the speedway off aa the weather is looking about as crap as the team assembled for Wednesday. it’s stupid having the two major teams in Lynn playing at home on the same evening 

It is stupid having two major sporting teams in Lynn at home on the same night,but the speedway fixture was sorted first obviously.So the speedway has to play 2nd fiddle to Poland,Sweden,Denmark and now King's Lynn FC.

Personally i think the team assembled for Wednesday night is about on par with what our normal 1-7 would be on current form.

Anyway the weather most definitely looks the winner here,so c'mon the Linnets.

54 minutes ago, tellboy said:

It is stupid having two major sporting teams in Lynn at home on the same night,but the speedway fixture was sorted first obviously.So the speedway has to play 2nd fiddle to Poland,Sweden,Denmark and now King's Lynn FC.

Personally i think the team assembled for Wednesday night is about on par with what our normal 1-7 would be on current form.

Anyway the weather most definitely looks the winner here,so c'mon the Linnets.

I know what your saying but the football club get told by the FA when the fixtures take place as if they win Wednesday they have the final at home on bank holiday Monday 

I would like the Robins to race against a full strength Stars team..

Rearrange it for that time and when the football has packed up for the summer.

40 minutes ago, YerRopes said:

I would like the Robins to race against a full strength Stars team..

Rearrange it for that time and when the football has packed up for the summer.

So would we. The guests were ok, but there's nothing like a full team. 

On 27/04/2018 at 6:51 PM, g13webb said:

What a joke !!   The fact that Lynn agreed to this meeting tells me all  that we need to be know.      We cancel meetings because of the effect the weather would have on the crowd and then arrange to run a meeting when half a team is missing .    You couldn't make this up......

Why not  switch this fixture to Thursday when all the riders could've rode,    :t:      or  just give Swindon the points without bothering to race,  it would save the embarrassment,   it  cuts-out  the financial outlay,   it would save hours of work   and let the sport be left to die quicker......   

You can add me to the list of those not bothering to go .......

All the riders couldnt ride on Thursday

Lakeside at Ipswich so Swindon would be missing 3 instead....

For the life of me, I don't understand how the BSPA could contradict the directives from the FIM on our allotted preference race nights.   Once the governing body had made a ruling, surely we as a affiliated body take that on board.   There should be no discussion or vote on it,  these directives were made for the good of the sport,  giving control of meeting priority.   The BSPA should have excepted ruling as law.     The Clubs should have been informed  of this ruling and told  this league will be running  the PL on Mondays and Thursdays, and Championship will run on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.  The  only discussion and decision  the clubs  should have been given was  which league and what day they wanted to partake in.

If  Ipswich, Sheffield or Redcar insisted on running on Thursdays, then fair enough, they should be competing in the PL.  If they wanted to stay in the Championship then they would have to change racenights.  Its not Rocket science.      There is not much difference between the two divisions, illustrated by the number of riders that ride in them both.   

By giving individual clubs the opportunity to contradict a FIM directives ,   highlights what a self-righteous shambles the BSPA are.    How can other countries take us serious when we make decisions like that .    If the BSPA are saying the individual clubs are more important than the FIM ,  then that would illustrate why our speedway has dropped from being the best in the world  to now also rans...... 

• Like 2

On 4/27/2018 at 5:12 PM, Star Lady said:

Could even be Monday looking at the predicted rain expected to fall.Why is it Thursdays always seem to have a better forecasts.

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Could even be Monday looking at the predicted rain expected to fall.Why is it Thursdays always seem to have a better forecasts.

The sun shines on the righteous :D

Up the Withes :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The sun shines on the righteous :D

Up the Withes :)

Who are yer,who are yer:D

• Haha 1

The guests have been well chosen and one could argue make us a little stronger but that's not the point,  people want to see a full team of their own riders. 

• Like 2