British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

King's Lynn v Swindon 02/05/2018

13 minutes ago, ytsejam said:

Despite the armagedon forecasts from the ever reliably useless weather men, there has not been more than about 6 drops of rain here at Lynn since Saturday afternoon so if the next couple of days are decent then this meeting should be on.

Going from all the local gossip around here most people will be at The Walks on Wednesday evening, so don't expect much of a crowd for the speedway. I reckon Chapman will be doing a rain dance over the next 2 days so he can call it off (especially being half a team short too). 

Although two of those being replaced are with better riders on current form.Don't know who will replace Jorgensen Wednesday now as MPT will be in for Rose.I would go for Bewley myself.

Edited by tellboy

On 29/04/2018 at 10:55 AM, Najjer said:

I find it staggering that this fixture couldn't of been rearranged in the knowledge nearly half the home side were going to be missing. With the fixed race nights, it surely couldn't of been that difficult? It's even more alarming that Kings Lynn have already acknowledged Iversen will be missing again at some point in the season. 

Get the fixtures of Esbjerg and you can soon work potential clashes in which NKI will be unavailable to Lynn 

Riding r/r for TJ means we can cover him with Robert, Ty, Michael and Lewis def makes us stronger on current form.

I’m certainly not going to the Walks ....... why would ya ;)

• Like 1

and for those worried about the weather. 

It's been absolutely glorious in Lynn today. Not seen a sign of the wet stuff.

I lost my bet about a call off by today.....but there's always a burst water pipe:P damn sneaky things water pipes:D

Or perhaps floodlights?

Any advice re  road works on roundabout? Got properly lost the other week trying to get back on A10 to Cambridge. Diversions took us up A47 towards Peterborough. Sorted eventually but not pleasant experience.

9 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Any advice re  road works on roundabout? Got properly lost the other week trying to get back on A10 to Cambridge. Diversions took us up A47 towards Peterborough. Sorted eventually but not pleasant experience.

Read somewhere that those road works have finished. Hoping the resurfacing between swaffham and dereham have finished. Normally just over an hour to get home for me, but with two lots of roadworks was over one and half hours last time!

Edited by kelvinht
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

Saddlebow roundabout opened up properly on Monday, currently no other roadworks

• Thanks 1

I hope tonight's meeting is called off. It's a joke to have half a team missing in only the second home match. It seems most people will be at the Walks tonight including me.

• Like 2

Rosco is not too complimentary about the situation in todays Advertiser, saying it's ridiculous that the PL is protected on Thursdays, yet we have teams riding on Wednesdays when they don't have priority, with only Swindon riding on a Thursday.

• Like 1

Thursday nights should definitely be our race night or if we have to race Wednesdays sign no Danish riders .

WEATHER

Rain arrived at 0900. It's far from heavy, I'd class it as between light and steady. At present as long as it stops mid afternoon as forecast should not be a problem. Having said that the forecast actually says it's raining heavily at present.....it's not. Who trusts weather forecasts anyway:P

Will update later.

4 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

WEATHER

Rain arrived at 0900. It's far from heavy, I'd class it as between light and steady. At present as long as it stops mid afternoon as forecast should not be a problem. Having said that the forecast actually says it's raining heavily at present.....it's not. Who trusts weather forecasts anyway:P

Will update later.

Well if you look at the rainfall radar, its not looking good.

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar