Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

King's Lynn v Swindon 02/05/2018

I have no regrets for not going,   I have always been  a man of principal, and by not going showed how I felt regarding half a team scenario.     I am pleased the Stars won comfortably, and that  all the true team  members  performed well.    So pleasing to see Robert fulfilling everyone hopes with another brilliant maximum.  Hope fortunes favour him this year and he can have a injury free season.   LK was  always a great choice for a reserve,  scoring big points,   especially against sometimes  very mediocre opposition.    Ty Proctor also done very well,  he is now settling down and scoring points like I thought he would.   I remember getting pillared from certain quarters when saying what a good capture he was.   Probably fans will now appreciate what  a talented rider he was  prior to some really bad injuries.

The small returns from guests  CC and AM, for whatever reasons,   merely emphases my belief that guests are never a good idea.   You cant expect them to perform like your own riders... 

Good result for the club,   and brilliant form from Lambert ,  can only be good for those PO intentions....    

Well done Kings Lynn for their win.  Lambert appears to be in imperious form which is good to see.  Bellego had an off-night and the Swindon reserves were woefully weak.  I think Zach would have done better than Serj but when you build a top-heavy team, it doesn't leave much for reserves.

At the start of the season, with the form that Davey showed in the charity shield, I actually thought I had got him wrong and he looked like he was going to have a decent season.  Turns out I was right because he has become the binary man since with more zeros than ones!  His time in the team must surely now be limited unless he finds that start of the year form.

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

Well done Lynn for getting it on.

Well done Lynn for a good win

As for Robert Lambert, wow.

He has moved up a level or two over last year.

The problem with those calling for Davey's head is who would be picked to replace him? He is one of the form riders in the NL and that is largely the pool of riders you have to play with given the averages. Hume or Mountain would be the other sensible contenders but both ride Thursday nights for Ipswich so virtually rules them out. Would need a double change and re-declare under the limit. Does switching Davey & Musielak for 2 x 4 pointers make any sense? Think the robins will have to stick with Mitchell and help him the best they can

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

The problem with those calling for Davey's head is who would be picked to replace him? He is one of the form riders in the NL and that is largely the pool of riders you have to play with given the averages. Hume or Mountain would be the other sensible contenders but both ride Thursday nights for Ipswich so virtually rules them out. Would need a double change and re-declare under the limit. Does switching Davey & Musielak for 2 x 4 pointers make any sense? Think the robins will have to stick with Mitchell and help him the best they can

100% agree with this, when looking at averages and potential replacements there isn't going to be anyone better.

Last night, fair play to Kings Lynn, and pleased to see Lambert getting on with the job and proving some of the doubters wrong. Bags of ability, and it's good to see his progression.

Off night for Bellego but not worried about him, he's been scoring average up until last night, he'll bounce back on Monday. Hopefully we'll have Zach back also and we can get back to winning ways.

I hope the fans gave The Brat  an indifferent welcome back to Saddlebow.  In Good form so far this season.  Still Plenty of time for that to change

• Like 1

12 hours ago, clambo71 said:

Calling for heads already. You sound like Matt Ford  Fan on the poole thread.

One of many aliases no doubt.

3 hours ago, semion said:

I hope the fans gave The Brat  an indifferent welcome back to Saddlebow.  In Good form so far this season.  Still Plenty of time for that to change

There was a big booo when he was introduced

4 hours ago, semion said:

What our best scoring rider of last season until July? 

Batchelor may well have been the best scoring rider for the Stars untill July last season,but he is still a prat and the team are much better off without him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I don’t think anyone is calling for Davey’s head but he is scoring next to nothing so he needs to get back to his season starting form.  As for replacing him, I would like to think that when the time is right, Swindon will have some points to play with and sign a 4-5 point rider to replace.  But I would like to see him improve and his time must surely be limited.

After their brilliant display at Leicester and Poole,  I was apprehensive  about winning especially with riders missing, so  I am please Swindon lost this one.     The last thing this sport needs is an all conquering side winning every week,  like they did last year.

No getting away from the fact they have a strong  team  and will be there or thereabouts come PO's..

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, g13webb said:

After their brilliant display at Leicester and Poole,  I was apprehensive  about winning especially with riders missing, so  I am please Swindon lost this one.     The last thing this sport needs is an all conquering side winning every week,  like they did last year.

No getting away from the fact they have a strong  team  and will be there or thereabouts come PO's..

I was very impressed with your team at Blunsdon mate. Get Iversen going and ive got a feeling you could be the 2018 Swindon and win it when unfancied!

45 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

I was very impressed with your team at Blunsdon mate. Get Iversen going and ive got a feeling you could be the 2018 Swindon and win it when unfancied!

This is the King's Lynn Stars, the most jinx top flight team of all time. Winning the league is all but a pipe dream. Fate always gets in the way.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

This is the King's Lynn Stars, the most jinx top flight team of all time. Winning the league is all but a pipe dream. Fate always gets in the way.

Yeah, we never seem to have any luck with injuries. We've missed out several times when looking good. 

This team is up with the best of them. Hope we can break our hoo-doo