British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

King's Lynn v Swindon 02/05/2018

14 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

This is the King's Lynn Stars, the most jinx top flight team of all time. Winning the league is all but a pipe dream. Fate always gets in the way.

I used to think the same with Swindon until we finally did it in 2012. Its got to happen one day!

• Like 1

We can but hope. ......  I remember thinking a few years back when we were 30 points clear ,  This has got to be our year,    Then Bang   :mad: !!!  ,      Birmingham pulled out to the league losing us   loads of points,  Then both our all conquering reserves got injured,     then finally Kb was out of the remainder with a broken  leg,   or was it an arm,     In the end we were like lambs to the slaughter.   Since then we have never recovered...  

Every year we hope this is the one,      and we are still hoping......      Fingers crossed....

On 03/05/2018 at 7:20 AM, Steve0 said:

Well done Kings Lynn for their win.  Lambert appears to be in imperious form which is good to see.  Bellego had an off-night and the Swindon reserves were woefully weak.  I think Zach would have done better than Serj but when you build a top-heavy team, it doesn't leave much for reserves.

At the start of the season, with the form that Davey showed in the charity shield, I actually thought I had got him wrong and he looked like he was going to have a decent season.  Turns out I was right because he has become the binary man since with more zeros than ones!  His time in the team must surely now be limited unless he finds that start of the year form.

We were top heavy last season with weak reserves, as were Wolves. Do I need to remind you who the teams that contested the p/off final last season. I still think that this top heavy team will be there or there-about come the end of the season.

1 hour ago, Reliant Robin said:

Quite a race in heat 15 of this one

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.34406

Crowd was clearly very small but no surprise. 

Was good race, always is when Lambert misses a start. Once he hit the front pretty processional from there.

Lambert's third to first burst was almost coincidental, Morris and Proctor tussling for the whole four laps was what made it so good.

More of that this season please .

10 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Crowd was clearly very small but no surprise. 

Was good race, always is when Lambert misses a start. Once he hit the front pretty processional from there.

Why always the negative,it was a very good race,end of.