Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

King's Lynn v Swindon 02/05/2018

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

For the life of me, I don't understand how the BSPA could contradict the directives from the FIM on our allotted preference race nights.   Once the governing body had made a ruling, surely we as a affiliated body take that on board.   There should be no discussion or vote on it,  these directives were made for the good of the sport,  giving control of meeting priority.   The BSPA should have excepted ruling as law.     The Clubs should have been informed  of this ruling and told  this league will be running  the PL on Mondays and Thursdays, and Championship will run on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.  The  only discussion and decision  the clubs  should have been given was  which league and what day they wanted to partake in.

If  Ipswich, Sheffield or Redcar insisted on running on Thursdays, then fair enough, they should be competing in the PL.  If they wanted to stay in the Championship then they would have to change racenights.  Its not Rocket science.      There is not much difference between the two divisions, illustrated by the number of riders that ride in them both.   

By giving individual clubs the opportunity to contradict a FIM directives ,   highlights what a self-righteous shambles the BSPA are.    How can other countries take us serious when we make decisions like that .    If the BSPA are saying the individual clubs are more important than the FIM ,  then that would illustrate why our speedway has dropped from being the best in the world  to now also rans...... 

I agree with you Webby and have posted similar myself before

Poole were also for Wedsnesday for the top league so it wasnt just the Thurdsay Championship clubs

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I agree with you Webby and have posted similar myself before

Poole were also for Wedsnesday for the top league so it wasnt just the Thurdsay Championship clubs

I understand that Poole wasn't objecting to the idea of Mondays and Thursdays,  but once it was known that the 3 Championships sides  wanted to keeps Thursday race nights,  Poole went along with-it,  knowing that it would enable them to retain their Wednesday race nights... ( as per BSPA philosophy, thinking only of themselves)    Had it been agreed to run on Thurs,& Mondays  Poole would have run as per charter...

It bothers me not which days the sport is run, as long as it is done properly.   If all speedway countries run to FIM Directives,  then why cant we do the same??.   

How can 3 second division  teams be given the opportunity to overrule FIM idea of country priority for the sake of their own being?? 

What makes a mockery of it all is that Swindon are allowed to run on a day different to everybody else...      ( I understand the reasons why)

It seems to me  that those who wish, can do what they like, when they like.   and then they  ask why are fans  fed up to their teeth with it all...

Piss-Up and Brewery come to mind............

• Like 3

I find it staggering that this fixture couldn't of been rearranged in the knowledge nearly half the home side were going to be missing. With the fixed race nights, it surely couldn't of been that difficult? It's even more alarming that Kings Lynn have already acknowledged Iversen will be missing again at some point in the season. 

• Like 1

I may be wrong but my understanding is not  that the FIM arbitrarily told the BSPA the fixed nights that would be given to the UK PL. I understood that the BSPA asked for Monday and Thursday and then at the AGM changed to Wednesday when some CL clubs refused to move from their Thursday race nights.

As I have said previously, if that is correct, then it would seem that either, the BSPA asked for and agreed Thursday's without first ensuring the affected CL clubs had unequivocally agreed to change their race night or move up to the PL or, some or all of those CL clubs reneged on an agreement.

I am in favour of fixed race nights and I understand the dominance of Poland and the GP's but I am concerned that Monday's may have a detrimental affect on crowd numbers for those teams that have had to change their race night to that day. I can't imagine any commercial entertainment business that doesn't have a long and successful history of choosing to open only on a Monday expecting to attract the same number of customers on a Monday as they would on a Friday or Saturday. The previous Belle Vue promotion were desperate to move away from Monday to Friday for those obvious reasons.

41 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I find it staggering that this fixture couldn't of been rearranged in the knowledge nearly half the home side were going to be missing. With the fixed race nights, it surely couldn't of been that difficult? It's even more alarming that Kings Lynn have already acknowledged Iversen will be missing again at some point in the season. 

As long as we can have a guest, which we can ...... it’s not easy changing fixtures, we nowalready have a handful of fixtures to rearrange at some point :( 

48 minutes ago, Trees said:

As long as we can have a guest, which we can ...... it’s not easy changing fixtures, we nowalready have a handful of fixtures to rearrange at some point :( 

Can Kings Lynn ride home meetings on Monday or does the availability of the stadium not allow it?

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

Can Kings Lynn ride home meetings on Monday or does the availability of the stadium not allow it?

I guess so if necessary..... 

20 minutes ago, Trees said:

I guess so if necessary..... 

I find it madness teams would run when they have riders missing when they could ride on a Monday then. The main thing this year was there wouldn't be riders missing. It's one thing having them missing for an away meeting but for a home meeting is financial suicide.

With all the water laying  about and lots of heavy rain forecast for tomorrow there isn't any hope of speedway at Lynn Wednesday night. Even if Buster gets the track raceable the car park will be flooded.

6 hours ago, Najjer said:

I find it madness teams would run when they have riders missing when they could ride on a Monday then. The main thing this year was there wouldn't be riders missing. It's one thing having them missing for an away meeting but for a home meeting is financial suicide.

Believe this or not the only available Monday Lynn could have rode Swindon that i could see was the 16th of April.And then i don't know if there were other fixtures which could have taken some of the riders away.

Still keeping my fingers crossed the weather does seem to be improving for Wednesday.

Edited by tellboy

Parts of Norfolk expected to get up to 80mm of rain today (the average for April as a whole is only 44mm). Even with the football and the guests removed from the equation it'll be a miracle if this meeting goes ahead.

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Parts of Norfolk expected to get up to 80mm of rain today (the average for April as a whole is only 44mm). Even with the football and the guests removed from the equation it'll be a miracle if this meeting goes ahead.

Plus the forecast of rain on Wednesday.And we are meant to be the area that has the least rainfall in the UK:blink:

• Like 1

Hopefully it will be off. The Walks is the only place for me on Wednesday, especially at £6 cheaper.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2018 at 8:39 PM, Daniel Smith said:

Regardless of the weather I'm giving this thread and meeting a wide birth, absolutely pointless. 

I would too considering your location.A long way to travel for home meetings.

Despite the armagedon forecasts from the ever reliably useless weather men, there has not been more than about 6 drops of rain here at Lynn since Saturday afternoon so if the next couple of days are decent then this meeting should be on.

Going from all the local gossip around here most people will be at The Walks on Wednesday evening, so don't expect much of a crowd for the speedway. I reckon Chapman will be doing a rain dance over the next 2 days so he can call it off (especially being half a team short too).