British Speedway Forum
highside

Newcastle vs Sheffield 29/4/2018

How will this one go after Sheffield thumping the bears last night ?

1 hour ago, highside said:

How will this one go after Sheffield thumping the bears last night ?

Don't think it will look pretty.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Don't think it will look pretty.

Oh course, good teams usually win at anytime, but you never know. Everyone on song will give Sheffield a good match.

NEWCASTLE: Ludvig Lindgren, Tero Aarnio, Lewis Rose, Matthew Wethers, Lewis Kerr (G), Carl Wilkinson, Ashley Morris.

SHEFFIELD: Jason Garrity (G), Todd Kurtz, Charles Wright, Josh Bates R/R, Lasse Bjerre, Jack Smith, James Shanes.

Edited by Blackadder
Change to Sheffield no. 1

I thought it was announced on sunday that it was jason garrity for lasse bjerre has that now changed ? 

3 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Oh course, good teams usually win at anytime, but you never know. Everyone on song will give Sheffield a good match.

Best get them to church in the morning then, for a bit of singing practise,,,, and to say a little prayer ;)

Also, if its Garrity for Bjerre, well thats just not fair,,, Bjerre would struggle to score 5 or 6, whereas Garrity will score as many as he wants to :(

2 hours ago, diamonds7 said:

I thought it was announced on sunday that it was jason garrity for lasse bjerre has that now changed ? 

It was. I was puzzled by that as I couldn't figure out why Bjerre would be missing. Couldn't see a meeting he would be riding in that would take preference, and I didn't think he was injured.

Preview on Sheffield website this morning lists Bjerre as riding.

Big test for Diamonds coming up against the League Champions.

The remit for the Diamonds has to be win all or as many of their home matches to keep the fans interest.

It will get whole lot harder for the Diamonds with Garrity in for Bjerre gives us even more of chance to take all of the points.

I think we might just nick this one or get a solitary point.  

57 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Why isn't.Bjerre riding?

announced last night at redcar that he was riding abroad i think

Brough is not usually happy hunting ground for Sheffield, that said with the way we are riding at the moment who knows ? Looks like some ironing could be getting done on Sunday ;-) UTT.

6 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Maybe he will take bad overnight and not fancy it at Brough ?

If he does then he's automatically suspended for 7 days as it would be a none speedway injury.