British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Buxton v Brummies Sun 29th Ap NT

BUXTON: Ben Wilson, David Wallinger, Corban Pavitt, Tom Woolley, Connor Coles, Kieran Douglas, Lewis Whitmore.

BIRMINGHAM: Tom Bacon, Layne Cupitt, Mitchell Davey, Callum Walker, Danyon Hume, James Chattin, Leon Flint. 

2 hours ago, RS50 said:

What's the weather like in Buxton?

In Monyash, about eight miles southeast of Buxton, it's cloudy but fairly bright. Heavy rain for a time this morning. Further showers look likely, to be honest.

Seems this meeting is in doubt due to a soft patch on the parts of the track, Leon Flint and Tom Wooley are testing the track after which a decision will be made.

Meeting Abandoned.

Lot's of very unhappy people on Facebook, expressing their views about the situation.

Called off 25 minutes after the scheduled start time. Why wasn't a decision about the condition of the track taken an hour or two before tapes up, certainly before spectators were allowed to enter the (so-called) stadium? I haven't been a speedway regular for more than a decade but, holidaying near Buxton this week, decided to go this afternoon, along with my wife. Thanks, Buxton, for conning us out of £28.50 of admission fees, plus a fiver on programmes. We don't live anywhere near Buxton, so to us readmission tickets are absolutely useless. Today's farce merely confirmed the conclusion I reached circa 2005: speedway is a joke sport, deservedly dying on its backside. What a way to treat your steadily shrinking band of customers! Unsurprisingly, this sort of thing never happens when I watch my other favourite sports: football and rugby league. But then football and rugby league aren't from the Mickey Mouse end of the sporting spectrum.

Edited by Piotr Pyszny

Guest GiveusaB

Buxton promotion should be ashamed of themselves!!!

DISGRACEFUL !!!

43 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Buxton promotion should be ashamed of themselves!!!

DISGRACEFUL !!!

It was your riders that convinced the referee to change his mind.  Nothing wrong that a few heats wouldn't have fixed. 

28 minutes ago, Jayne said:

It was your riders that convinced the referee to change his mind.  Nothing wrong that a few heats wouldn't have fixed. 

More importantly , do you have a plan for reimbursing the guy who posted earlier, who  stated he wouldn't be able to make any re-arranged meeting?

30 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Did Tom Woolley agree the track was safe after he made a large deep crater going into bend 3  on his test ride ?

Whatever the rights and wrongs this is typical Speedway these days I'm afraid - so glad I couldn't be bothered to make the 270 mile round trip although I was briefly tempted but then I recalled all the times I've been done over for Speedway in the past and opted to stay indoors!

• Like 1

It is always easy to criticise after an event or non event, but lets be constructive here to stop this happening again.

A new rule or appendix needs adding to the Stadium and Track Standards for 2018 Speedway Regulations by the SCB as soon as possible.

1. As soon as arrived, both Teams and Managers to do independent track walks and raise concerns, if any.

2. Minimum 1 Hour prior to the programmed start time, a meeting between Referee, Team Managers and Team Captains must take place to consider all track and safety concerns raised.

3. If possible address any issues, but if it is not possible cancel immediately.

4. Refund admission to anyone who requests it.

Not rocket science any of it, but keeping the paying public happy is the main criteria.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jayne said:

So Birmingham bottled it basically.. mind you they are a team known for this