British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Buxton v Brummies Sun 29th Ap NT

Guest GiveusaB
10 hours ago, brianbuck said:

I can understand Jayne's frustration at having to call off a meeting on what was a reasonably fine afternoon, but I think the suggestion that it was because the Birmingham team refused to ride is an exaggeration! The Birmingham riders I spoke to were not happy with the condition of the track and did not think that there was sufficient time to put it right, but they would have been prepared to give it a go if the referee had decided to go ahead with the meeting. The referee's comment that he "did not like what he had seen" after Tom Woolley had ridden a few laps and in my opinion, had looked increasingly uncomfortable on both bends, was made in my presence, and the bottom line is that it was he who called the meeting off - not Birmingham nor Buxton.

This was my first visit to Buxton. I enjoyed the trip and the scenery and although I was naturally disappointed not to see some racing, the events of the day have not put me off the thought of future visits there. I feel that Buxton were the unlucky victims of unfortunate circumstances. My opinion is that the postponement was the correct decision, but I look forward to my next Buxton visit and wish the club well for the future. I'm sorry that the events of the day have created so much ill-feeling and hope that on reflection, both sides will calm down a little when the dust settles.

Graceful as ever Brian.....Let's see if Buxton's promotion are as equal and refund EVERY paying fan for yesterdays debacle ???

I'll  NEVER visit there unless they do!

The only people to be blamed for yesterday are Buxton's promoters  and their lack of track preparation!!!

What a cop out by trying to blame any rider for pointing out an unfit surface? I wonder how many laps Jayne Moss has ever done on a speedway bike?

BUXTON Speedway wish to clarify re-admission arrangements following Sunday’s postponed fixture against Birmingham.

Standard BSPA re-admission policy which covers all tracks in the UK will apply for supporters who had been admitted to the Hi-Edge Raceway before the match was called off.

These arrangements are carried in the matchday programme and full details are also available upon request at the stadium entrance.

The next home fixture for the Hitmen is next Sunday (May 6) against Coventry, and re-admission tickets from the Birmingham match will be applicable from this date onwards.

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Graceful as ever Brian.....Let's see if Buxton's promotion are as equal and refund EVERY paying fan for yesterdays debacle ???

I'll  NEVER visit there unless they do!

The only people to be blamed for yesterday are Buxton's promoters  and their lack of track preparation!!!

What a cop out by trying to blame any rider for pointing out an unfit surface? I wonder how many laps Jayne Moss has ever done on a speedway bike?

Everyone gets their admission fee refunded either by using their ticket again or requesting a refund. 

Guest GiveusaB
27 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Everyone gets their admission fee refunded either by using their ticket again or requesting a refund. 

Fair play !

Cityrebel seems to want promoters to refund each paying customer if there is a rain off.  Has he not considered the impossibility of

doing that ?  No fan with a brain ever expects to get a cash refund if a meeting is cancelled.  While the BSPA rule is not perfect, in the

circumstances it's probably the best that can be achieved....Someone told me that cricket fans get no kind of re-fund whatever the circumstances.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fredbogge said:

Has anyone stated what was wrong with the track  ( details please )

It didn't seem much worse than usual from the outside, but when Tom Woolley tried to ride it, he was hitting a hole on the third bend and continually lifting and losing it.

2 hours ago, adonis said:

Says the man who was in the area on holiday !!

Someone trails all the way from Birmingham to Buxton, for the express purpose of watching a speedway meeting. That meeting is called off in farcical circumstances. Not the slightest demur. Sole reaction: well, I enjoyed the trip and the scenery. Sorry, still baffled.

To Jayne (presumably Moss): how do we go about getting a full refund? Can you give me an address to which we can post our readmission and trackside parking tickets?

Edited by Piotr Pyszny

1 hour ago, Piotr Pyszny said:

Someone trails all the way from Birmingham to Buxton, for the express purpose of watching a speedway meeting. That meeting is called off in farcical circumstances. Not the slightest demur. Sole reaction: well, I enjoyed the trip and the scenery. Sorry, still baffled

It's the British way..."Stiff upper lip", "always look on the bright side of life", "can't complain and all that", "Keep Calm and (insert punchline)"

1 hour ago, Piotr Pyszny said:

Someone trails all the way from Birmingham to Buxton, for the express purpose of watching a speedway meeting. That meeting is called off in farcical circumstances. Not the slightest demur. Sole reaction: well, I enjoyed the trip and the scenery. Sorry, still baffled.

To Jayne (presumably Moss): how do we go about getting a full refund? Can you give me an address to which we can post our readmission and trackside parking tickets?

Please contact www.buxtonhitmen.co for the details as I cannot provide my address on a public forum and you will receive a refund on your admission costs. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, East End Fan said:

Cityrebel seems to want promoters to refund each paying customer if there is a rain off.  Has he not considered the impossibility of

doing that ?  No fan with a brain ever expects to get a cash refund if a meeting is cancelled.  While the BSPA rule is not perfect, in the

circumstances it's probably the best that can be achieved....Someone told me that cricket fans get no kind of re-fund whatever the circumstances.

Where did I say that. Promoters should use their discretion to refund fans that are not local to their track. When a football club change the date of a match, they offer a full refund. It's not rocket science is It!.

7 hours ago, East End Fan said:

I think you will find that if a cricket game is called off without a ball being bowled then a full refund is given..

I can't think of any justifiable reason for keeping a supporters cash if the entertainment fails to go ahead.

Belle Vue have got it right. Either swap your ticket for another meeting or get a full refund.

It is rather hard to see a case where a club could argue that the customer is not entitled to their money back.

I wonder how other clubs deal with this kind of thing?

Belle Vue Speedway 2017 Ltd – National Speedway Stadium
Meeting Abandonment Policy
All meetings abandoned prior to the start will entitle ticket holders to a full refund or exchange for a future
meeting within 12 months from the date of the abandoned meeting at the club (excluding BSPA, ACU
and/or FIM events). In order to obtain a refund, you must visit the ticket office or send your ticket to the
office in order for the refund to be arranged. Ticket exchanges and refunds will only be given on
production of the original ticket from the abandoned race meeting.
Management
Belle Vue Speedway 2017 Limited

33 minutes ago, fubar said:

Belle Vue have got it right. Either swap your ticket for another meeting or get a full refund.

It is rather hard to see a case where a club could argue that the customer is not entitled to their money back.

I wonder how other clubs deal with this kind of thing?

Belle Vue Speedway 2017 Ltd – National Speedway Stadium
Meeting Abandonment Policy
All meetings abandoned prior to the start will entitle ticket holders to a full refund or exchange for a future
meeting within 12 months from the date of the abandoned meeting at the club (excluding BSPA, ACU
and/or FIM events). In order to obtain a refund, you must visit the ticket office or send your ticket to the
office in order for the refund to be arranged. Ticket exchanges and refunds will only be given on
production of the original ticket from the abandoned race meeting.
Management
Belle Vue Speedway 2017 Limited

Shows the credibility of the club. Not common in today's speedway unfortunately.