British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Buxton v Brummies Sun 29th Ap NT

5 hours ago, Brummies_Ste said:

Well Mrs Moss it is now 3 weeks since I posted my admission ticket back to the address on your site requesting a refund.

Are you going to honour your statement in your post above ?

I have only received two requests for refunds both of which were sent last week, one was from Brian Buck and the other from a lady in Coventry.

Edited by Jayne
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Jayne said:

I have only received two requests for refunds both of which were sent last week, one was from Brian Buck and the other from a lady in Coventry.

Surprise surprise haha so not ours either then ....we've posted the evidence now for you to destroy ...

1 hour ago, Jayne said:

So my letter got lost in the post how convenient for you Mrs  Moss.

Well its your loss well never ever visit your stadium again !!

& will inform the  the B.S.P.A. & S C B

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Surprise surprise haha so not ours either then ....we've posted the evidence now for you to destroy ...

So you are calling me a liar then. 

2 hours ago, Brummies_Ste said:

So my letter got lost in the post how convenient for you Mrs  Moss.

Well its your loss well never ever visit your stadium again !!

& will inform the  the B.S.P.A. & S C B

That is a libellous comment and I note that you are not even prepared to put your name to your comments. As for informing the BSPA then that's fine as I have done nothing wrong.  We have had plenty of people use their tickets at other meetings as they are quite rightly entitled to do. You could have scanned them and emailed them or sent them registered post, again it was your choice not to. 

4 hours ago, Jayne said:

That is a libellous comment and I note that you are not even prepared to put your name to your comments....

It's not libellous until a bench of three judges in a High Court decide that it is. Bear in mind that a valid defence to an accusation of libel is "fair comment".

It doesn't matter what identity someone uses in a public forum. Complete red herring. As long as his correspondence to you which you "lost" (a "dog ate my homework" excuse if ever I've heard one) had his proper name, that's all that matters. 

I'm sure that Brummies_Ste will copy and paste his original letter to you. And I'm sure that if you've got the finances to afford defamation lawyers, you can afford to pay the refund.

Why on earth would you post original tickets in this day and age :blink: :unsure:

Edited by Bagpuss

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

It's not libellous until a bench of three judges in a High Court decide that it is. Bear in mind that a valid defence to an accusation of libel is "fair comment".

It doesn't matter what identity someone uses in a public forum. Complete red herring. As long as his correspondence to you which you "lost" (a "dog ate my homework" excuse if ever I've heard one) had his proper name, that's all that matters. 

I'm sure that Brummies_Ste will copy and paste his original letter to you. And I'm sure that if you've got the finances to afford defamation lawyers, you can afford to pay the refund.

I have not lost any correspondence and incidentally you cannot lose something you never had. As for the dog ate my homework cant say that ever happened to me.

Its amazing how the 'keyboard warriors' make a comment and it becomes fact. Why would I single him out I don't even know who he is. As I have said the requests I have had I have processed and any others I receive will be dealt with. 

7 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Why on earth would you post original tickets in this day and age :blink: :unsure:

This is British Speedway. It still thinks it's the 1950's. :angry:

7 hours ago, Jayne said:

I have not lost any correspondence and incidentally you cannot lose something you never had.

So the Royal Mail is at fault? Are you accusing Royal Mail of losing letters from both ProudtobeaBrummie AND Brummies_Ste, both of which, quite coincidentally, were requesting refunds? 

Careful what you say, Royal Mail might consider unfounded allegations to be libellous. :o

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

So the Royal Mail is at fault? Are you accusing Royal Mail of losing letters from both ProudtobeaBrummie AND Brummies_Ste, both of which, quite coincidentally, were requesting refunds? 

Careful what you say, Royal Mail might consider unfounded allegations to be libellous. :o

Where did Jayne say the Royal Mail was at fault?

As a neutral reading this, my opinion of the most likely scenario is that the alleged tickets never reached the Royal Mail.   (Maybe the tickets never even existed).

Of course the easy solution is for the senders to scan the proof of posting certificate and show us all.  (Unless you're asking us to believe that someone sending something he considers valuable, in the post, didn't even get a free posting certificate?  Most people would send it "signed for" but it would be stupid not to take advantage of the free service of a posting certificate as a minimum)

2 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Where did Jayne say the Royal Mail was at fault?

As a neutral reading this, my opinion of the most likely scenario is that the alleged tickets never reached the Royal Mail.   (Maybe the tickets never even existed).

Of course the easy solution is for the senders to scan the proof of posting certificate and show us all.  (Unless you're asking us to believe that someone sending something he considers valuable, in the post, didn't even get a free posting certificate?  Most people would send it "signed for" but it would be stupid not to take advantage of the free service of a posting certificate as a minimum)

2 people say they sent something, Jayne claims never to have received it. So who other than Royal Mail lies in between? Ok, maybe the fairy godmother was asked to deliver those letters.

Let's get a reality check on this please? It wasn't the Crown Jewels that were sent. Nothing there ATHAT valuable that needed the extra expense of registered or recorded post. Can't believe the huffing and puffing going on over a couple of £13 tickets.

16 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

2 people say they sent something, Jayne claims never to have received it. So who other than Royal Mail lies in between? Ok, maybe the fairy godmother was asked to deliver those letters.

Let's get a reality check on this please? It wasn't the Crown Jewels that were sent. Nothing there ATHAT valuable that needed the extra expense of registered or recorded post. Can't believe the huffing and puffing going on over a couple of £13 tickets.

All I can is FFS

• Like 1

6 hours ago, uk_martin said:

If the alleged sender considered the tickets to be of no value, they wouldn't be crying on a web forum.   If they did consider the tickets to be of value,  surely they would just get a free certificate of posting.  

(p.s. there's no such thing as registered post or recorded delivery anymore.    There is "Royal Mail Signed For" which is tracked and costs £1.10,  but for something of low value all that would be needed is a certificate of posting, which is completely free.of charge)

Why would anyone not use a free service if they were worried enough to cry on a web forum?

• Like 1

On 5/23/2018 at 7:31 PM, WalterPlinge said:

If the alleged sender considered the tickets to be of no value, they wouldn't be crying on a web forum.   If they did consider the tickets to be of value,  surely they would just get a free certificate of posting.  

(p.s. there's no such thing as registered post or recorded delivery anymore.    There is "Royal Mail Signed For" which is tracked and costs £1.10,  but for something of low value all that would be needed is a certificate of posting, which is completely free.of charge)

Why would anyone not use a free service if they were worried enough to cry on a web forum?

All of which completely misses the point that what was originally in question was the honesty and integrity of a British Speedway Promoter and the credibility of the excuses surrounding why a promised refund hasn't been forthcoming.