British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Leicester vs Rye House 30/04/18

Quite enjoyed the meeting but my word it was a cold one. Not a huge crowd but good racing on a well prepared track, just needed a little more dirt but with weather it's totally understandable.

A few riders were inconsistent and a few unfortunately were consistent!  Danny had a good ride vs Scott but looks a shadow of the rider he was 2 years ago, Hans looked OK and Bjerre was good value. Scott looked better than he did vs wolves a few weeks back and seems to enjoy racing at Leicester pulling of a great move on Hans to pass him.KK was just KK, brilliant or frustrating as hell as he had speed and when he was up for it he was just an a different level but why he rides at 60% at times is the annoying part and tootling round at the back not trying is also something I think fans don't appreciate. Bomber is also a shadow of the rider I enjoyed watching so much at Brandon, it wasn't just the speed but not being aggressive enough in the first bend and then being swallowed up and then stuck at the back. I hope he sorts out whatever the issue is as it's far from just the bikes. Summers was also good value for Rye.

The final score was fair, Rye won't reach the play off's with this team and the same for Leicester in my opinion but in saying that like I said at the beginning I thoroughly enjoyed it and will be back for a few more meetings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark said:

Leg injury from moto cross last week.

How slow is Bomber as he couldn't beat Sarjeant in heat 11.    Nowt from 3 rides.

Nowt from 4 rides actually as he managed to fall off in one and take Pieszczek out with him as well. Never mind he will have sorted his set ups out by July. 

Can’t remember ever seeing Bomber score nowt!

If Kennett had started as badly as Harris then the knives would be out. There is no excuse for a number one to score a big fat zero. The same with Stuart Robson who hasn’t been go particularly well so far and is now injured. Sadly we can’t hang around for Robson and he should be replaced now. But of course if your face fit at Rye you will be ok. Made me laugh that some are calling for Freddie Lindgren when the promotion won’t fork out for race jackets let alone Kevlars. Sad state of affairs that the stadium is far worse now than under Len Silver with the club in the wrong league on a race night no one wants. Only one way this is going to end. And Leicester fans thought their past situation was bad

• Like 2

A few weeks ago Bomber was urging Coventry fans to boycott going to see them ride at Leicester. For the old fans who went to see him last night many would think that he would have trouble getting into the N l Bees team any way! He's been going downhill for more years than most. Perhaps now , after this pathetic performance he will keep his comments to himself. The Bees are fine without him!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Not one to panic about riders but the season is only 28 matches and if you include the home match against Leicester then we have had a sample of 5 matches:

Harris - nor impressed in any match so far, if he has bike problems then sort it, if he is a happy father and doesn't want a big "get-off" I understand but move over please.

Summers - seems to give his best, reasonable replacement for Barker, so OK

Kennett - perhaps an appearance would allow me to decide if it was a good move to replace Wells with him, still fear not

KK - given the lack of effort around him he is still doing fine, always a worry that he can become disinterested if others are not putting it in

Nichols- despite his bike slow from the gate he still seems fast and competitive, more than fine

NJK/Robbo - happy with both although Robbo didn't start too hot

Clegg - was never going to work, would rather blood another youngster like Perks last year and benefit later like Belle Vue and Bewley

I know its been really very cold and wet but I still think that fixed race nights was madness, put on the plus side Woffinden, Pedersen and Hancock etc who all promoted it for years at least they are all back gracing British Speedway

The decision to have fixed race nights for the top flight will end in disaster for some clubs. Apart from 2000, rye has never been a week day club. I can't see how any tracks are going to remain solvent in this current climate.

Speedway is very much a confidence sport, both in yourself but also the equipment you are on. Bomber is struggling on both fronts and i see his point about just some consistency in getting meetings in. Danny King is very much like Bomber in that he is having bike issues and you can just tell they don't look on it. Danny's ride vs Scott was more like it and i really hope both riders see a turn in fortune quickly. On the flip side you see Rory, high in confidence and his bikes are flying. NKI is also struggling early on so it happens to the very best and its how they come back from this that matters, Bomber is well known for finishing the season strong so i hope history is on his side.

I thought last nights match was the most entertaining yet this season at BP. It started off quite well with a cracker of a race in heat 1 on a perfectly prepared track... I was then prepared for a sun delay which never came, which was a bonus. If I had to have a moan, which of course I do, it would be the lack of watering of the track, again it became slick and dusty all too quickly in the cold drying wind. Like I said it was perfect in heat 1 and no real attempt was made to keep it that way throughout the match

• Like 1