British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DC2

Rye House v Poole 14 May

Josh looks like Watt in hos final season. No form whatsoever. Jakobsen gave him a stiff fist corner and he pulled up!

It was a gaters meeting last night and Brady didn’t gate once. Attempted to get a flyer, missed it completely but the ref came to his rescue by calling it back after he had penalised himself. Still didn’t take advantage innthe rerun.

After Nielsen, our best rider was Woryna who took one race to suss out the track then made some superb passes. Going past KK like he was standing still was the highlight of the meeting.

We've scraped a win against a six man team. Poole are struggling this year too. 

First of all, I hope NBJ is ok. It was a nasty looking crash, credit to Grajczonek for going straight over to check on him. Prior to this NBJ threw away a 5-1 when he took the completely wrong line allowing Woryna to pass him as if he wasn't there and Sczepaniak caught him in heat 12 so I'm not sure what the referee was watching there. 

Harris is a cause for concern, Clegg doesn't look like scoring ever. Kennett looked a shell of the rider who is usually so dominant at Rye.

We got lucky that Nielsen, who looked very impressive, packed up when leading heat 14, if he hadn't and the ref had seen the heat 12 finish the same as most of us in the stands did then it would have finished level. 

I want to know who these "big hitters" are that some Rye House fans seem to think they've got?

Sound just as deluded as their promotion that put this side together.

surely Harris’ time is up.... he has been awful all season and cannot keep blaming his bikes! Was in the gps two years ago and now he can barely get a bike to work? Laughable.

13 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Mate, like i just said to a mate of mine. He's either over trying or hes having a lot of bad luck. Matt im very sure will be monitoring the situation..

Certainly over trying/riding last night!

20 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I want to know who these "big hitters" are that some Rye House fans seem to think they've got?

We have no "big hitters". The highest average we have is 7.48. Our team isn't built with "Big Hitters" the idea of it is that 1-6 score solidly. 

Think if you read through the forums many RH fans massively doubted this team.. and still do so im not sure where your deluded fans comment is coming from? 

• Like 1

Just now, Chris said:

Certainly over trying/riding last night!

There you go, thanks for backing me up. Josh is better than he's been showing. He just needs to be himself.

35 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

First of all, I hope NBJ is ok. It was a nasty looking crash, credit to Grajczonek for going straight over to check on him. Prior to this NBJ threw away a 5-1 when he took the completely wrong line allowing Woryna to pass him as if he wasn't there and Sczepaniak caught him in heat 12 so I'm not sure what the referee was watching there. 

Harris is a cause for concern, Clegg doesn't look like scoring ever. Kennett looked a shell of the rider who is usually so dominant at Rye.

We got lucky that Nielsen, who looked very impressive, packed up when leading heat 14, if he hadn't and the ref had seen the heat 12 finish the same as most of us in the stands did then it would have finished level. 

I can assure you it's not only Rye fans who have concerns about Harris 

32 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

I was right next to the ref's box on the rickety deathrap "stand" and NBJ did just hold on in heat 12 though your overall point about his switching off in that race and heat 7 is accurate. More important that he's OK after the crash and the fact that he was sat up in the ambulance is very encouraging. 

I had been giving Eddie some leeway against Somerset due to the knee injury but I'm not sure how long that can be extended for and he isn't the Kennett at Rye of previous seasons. 

Anyone any idea why the track has been such a gater's paradise so far this season? I can't remember a meeting so dominated by starts as last night's. 

7 minutes ago, SFTGNigel said:

I was right next to the ref's box on the rickety deathrap "stand" and NBJ did just hold on in heat 12 though your overall point about his switching off in that race and heat 7 is accurate. More important that he's OK after the crash and the fact that he was sat up in the ambulance is very encouraging. 

I had been giving Eddie some leeway against Somerset due to the knee injury but I'm not sure how long that can be extended for and he isn't the Kennett at Rye of previous seasons. 

Anyone any idea why the track has been such a gater's paradise so far this season? I can't remember a meeting so dominated by starts as last night's. 

Track was almost too good last night. Grip all over and get the back wheel in the dirt and no chance of passing unless a rider switched off. You could see the bikes pulling and shooting off coming out of the bends. Maybe a touch over watered.

Somerset meeting was decent and nothing like last nights track conditions.

Edited by Chris

2 hours ago, cityrebel said:

I would imagine the crowd levels at rye are a bigger concern than the team at the moment. Despite the good weather, last night was poor again. Weekday racing just doesn't work at the launch pad.

You're right overall but last night wasn't "good weather", it was freezing by the time the meeting got going and I regretted not bringing a hat, coat and gloves. Being on a platform twenty feet in the air (the only place you can guarantee a good view with that monstrosity on the centre green) in wind like last night's isn't ideal. 

As for the crowds, I just don't see any real promotion going on to try and offset the inconvenience of the fixed race nights (I'm in a minority that find weeknights are better but ackowledge that's not the case for the majority) . Last season's top flight debut seemed to see an attempt to reach out to potential audiences and local people but since then it's been desultory, even free outlets like social media are hardly used. 

Edited by SFTGNigel
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chris said:

Track was almost too good last night. Grip all over and get the back wheel in the dirt and no chance of passing unless a rider switched off. You could see the bikes pulling and shooting off coming out of the bends. Maybe a touch over watered.

Somerset meeting was decent and nothing like last nights track conditions.

Somerset was certainly better in terms of the amount of passes  (different conditions in daytime, obviously) but I recall it still being more start-orientated than I'm used to at Rye House. Looking back at 'Speedway Updates' it has a high number of 'From the gate' reports for both that and the Wolves match. 

37 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

It's not our fans calling them big hitters. Read the thread before commenting and you'd see that. 

7 minutes ago, Paulco said:

I can assure you it's not only Rye fans who have concerns about Harris 

What was the deal with him taking heat 15 for you guys on Sunday? Still trying to get my head around that one, especially as he wasn't on his own bike! 

6 minutes ago, SFTGNigel said:

I was just to the left of the box on the same stand and thought NBJ had been passed, most around seemed to say the same but perhaps you had a better view than I did. I just don't understand why riders shut off on the run in, if you can hit bend one at full speed for 4 laps, one more time won't hurt to make sure you don't get passed on the line. 

I honestly think the racing was better before the track changes were made, there was just always a stigma that Rye didn't produce good racing. 

That one baffled us all Ben

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Josh looks like Watt in hos final season. No form whatsoever. Jakobsen gave him a stiff fist corner and he pulled up!

It was a gaters meeting last night and Brady didn’t gate once. Attempted to get a flyer, missed it completely but the ref came to his rescue by calling it back after he had penalised himself. Still didn’t take advantage innthe rerun.

After Nielsen, our best rider was Woryna who took one race to suss out the track then made some superb passes. Going past KK like he was standing still was the highlight of the meeting.

Not how someone i know saw it.

Was told Woryna was off gate 4 , made a half decent start and was able to keep wide and go round the pack on the first 2 bends........................happens lots of times in a meeting so would hardly say he went past KK like he was standing still.

Apart from that he only passed NBJ though i was told that was a good pass. 

Fair play to him 8 from 5 at Rye is a good return.

Kurtz cant keep affording to miss gates for fun. Josh and Linus must be close to getting pushed out as well. Worrall did his job, but its disappointing Poole couldnt win this, i would expect a big home win tomorrow that will paper over the cracks