British Speedway Forum
Tosh1218

Redcar v Scunthorpe championship shield

Ambulance needing the defibrillator, rabbits eating the airfence or the Bears avoiding the wooden spoon...not sure which is the least bearlievable!!! :o

It's hard to know what the answer is. MBA and Stewart came in as rookies in this league and are definitely worth sticking with. 

Barker has not really fired yet, he is giving it absolutely everything but just not really making starts. Kus is the enigma really and must be one of the most in danger. And Theo is riding pretty much to his average, but we signed him to be a trump card and very much improve upon that average. Would be interesting to see the scope of who we could bring in. Could we tempt a Jorgenson to drop down? 

Disappointing night, At the start of the season I thought we had a decent team, not firing yet. I like Kus but doesn't seem to be on it. Wholesale changes don't need to be made, but I agree Kus and Pijper could be the ones to go, although give them a little longer. MBA and Stewart are worth sticking with I think. Re Garrity incident, don't think it was the move Barker made , but the gesture as he crossed the line. However Garrity was well out of order with his reaction, hope a big fine ensued. Also not sure how JBA got excluded, there was a clash, (6 of one half a dozen of the other) but Garrity fell sometime after they touched. 

10 hours ago, boz said:

Whilst Garrity was absolutely out of order (and how on earth was Jonas excluded in heat 9?!?!), it at least livened up one of the dullest meetings I have seen at the STMP.

Didn't think any other decision could be made. Garrity could hardly continue on the bike once Andersen had ripped out every single spoke on his front wheel. 

Very similar to the Bjarne Pedersen and Nicholls crash at Coventry several years ago. Thankfully both Nicholls and Garrity were able to talk away from the crashes. 

1 hour ago, MrMungo said:

Didn't think any other decision could be made. Garrity could hardly continue on the bike once Andersen had ripped out every single spoke on his front wheel. 

Very similar to the Bjarne Pedersen and Nicholls crash at Coventry several years ago. Thankfully both Nicholls and Garrity were able to talk away from the crashes. 

I'm sure Scott Nicholls walk back to the pits featured less Liam Gallagher wannabe posturing/pantomime villain antics than Garrity's however. 

Didn't see the re-run of Heat 9, left during the (second) wait for the replacement ambulance.

The team always looked like a lower end of the table side but they are under performing and with just about all visiting riders enjoying riding at Redcar (very little home track advantage) it could be a very challenging season both on and off the track.

28 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

I'm sure Scott Nicholls walk back to the pits featured less Liam Gallagher wannabe posturing/pantomime villain antics than Garrity's however. 

one would imagine most supporters who be happy to see any rider walk away from a crash like that,full speed impact,both riders lucky to walk away,and nice to see a hand shake between the two afterwards

bit of a demolition job by Scunny last night on a Bears team that seemed totally down in the dumps,the new Aussie kid seems to have what it takes but seriously lacking speed somehow

Barker needs to be better than he is doing at the moment if the bears are going to kick on

A good meeting though bar the ambulance delays, bloody fan belt!

Edited by montie

It's great to finally see a guest riding to the same Standard as Steve would. Well done Ricky Wells

I want suggesting that I wanted to see Garrity (or any rider injured at all) - just could have done without his Wealdstone Raider impression after his previous ride and post crash.

2 hours ago, MrMungo said:

Garrity was extremely lucky IMO not to get a warning from the referee after his childish antics  in heat 6. Barker's outmaneuvered him on the 3rd/4th bend and for Garrity to aim a punch at another rider (after the race , on back straight)  was disgraceful.

He was still full of it in heat 9 and his pantomime villain performance after his crash was more embarrassing than entertaining.

His behaviour after the meeting had ended was pretty disgraceful too.

In complete contrast I thought Ricky Wells was outstanding and his dignified demeanour after the meeting was something a few other riders could learn from

1 hour ago, erimus11 said:

He was still full of it in heat 9 and his pantomime villain performance after his crash was more embarrassing than entertaining.

that is very true,he certainly was full of it,won by the lenght of the straight full of it.......... a splendid response to playing the crowd

a bit of fire and ,handbags and playing the crowd is just what speedway needs,it would have been quite drap last night if it wasnt for the handbags[the the super fish and chips on Redcar sea front]

on another note while sat on the beach front steps drawing on another Marlboro,i noticed someone has written  `` Free Plalestine`` on the sea wall,i was most suprised,i wasnt aware the the good folk of Redcar gave a flying fe ck about Palestine

18 minutes ago, montie said:

that is very true,he certainly was full of it,won by the lenght of the straight full of it.......... a splendid response to playing the crowd

a bit of fire and ,handbags and playing the crowd is just what speedway needs,it would have been quite drap last night if it wasnt for the handbags[the the super fish and chips on Redcar sea front]

on another note while sat on the beach front steps drawing on another Marlboro,i noticed someone has written  `` Free Plalestine`` on the sea wall,i was most suprised,i wasnt aware the the good folk of Redcar gave a flying fe ck about Palestine

Typical bloody ignorant graffiti merchants - they can't spell either. :rolleyes:

24 minutes ago, The White Knight said:

Typical bloody ignorant graffiti merchants - they can't spell either. :rolleyes:

nice to see you worked it out---my point!

• Like 1

From what I've heard about Redcar's performance last night it was  more like the People's Front of Judea than Free Palestine

1 hour ago, montie said:

"a bit of fire and ,handbags and playing the crowd is just what speedway needs"

I agree, what it doesn't need is the  behaviour he displayed after the meeting had finished... we can all swear and use bad language if we need to but it doesn't win you the argument :rolleyes:

41 minutes ago, erimus11 said:

"a bit of fire and ,handbags and playing the crowd is just what speedway needs"

I agree, what it doesn't need is the  behaviour he displayed after the meeting had finished... we can all swear and use bad language if we need to but it doesn't win you the argument :rolleyes:

one mans bad language is another mans entertainment i guess