British Speedway Forum
Tosh1218

Redcar v Scunthorpe championship shield

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

I think it changed under Labour by Abbott.

Or the Tories put a Tax on it could be either to be honest

I see Stewart and Busch have swapped places. Not sure if this strengthens or weakens the bears

20 hours ago, Tsunami said:

I think it changed under Labour by Abbott.

So very, very true. :t::approve:

#ignorantmoo.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

I see Stewart and Busch have swapped places. Not sure if this strengthens or weakens the bears

Makes us weaker as Stewart is not good enough at the moment to take extra rides and Pijper is off the pace...

It does weaken us slightly, we will miss Busch points from reserve at home especially. I do think he will have no trouble scoring decent points at number two though. 

Stewart has had an OK start, at a tricky number two position. Seems to have the speed but locks the bike up a bit too much and scrubs his speed off. A spell at reserve will do him the world of good and hopefully boost his confidence. We will really need Pijper to come to the party though. 

If Stewart is at reserve he will do well tonight as Scunny dont have the strongest reserves around.

Ive already seen enough to know he has the talent and just needs a bit of time to get used to British Racing. The kid beat Nichols around Peterborough and was getting a 5-1 in his next race before looping it out of turn 4. He has had a couple of big offs and is feeling it a bit injury wise. Give him a bit of time and he will defo be a huge club asset in the future ;)

8 minutes ago, Parsy29 said:

If Stewart is at reserve he will do well tonight as Scunny dont have the strongest reserves around.

Ive already seen enough to know he has the talent and just needs a bit of time to get used to British Racing. The kid beat Nichols around Peterborough and was getting a 5-1 in his next race before looping it out of turn 4. He has had a couple of big offs and is feeling it a bit injury wise. Give him a bit of time and he will defo be a huge club asset in the future ;)

I would have thought Manzares to be one of the 'strongest reserves around,' while Stewart is currently averaging 2+

26 minutes ago, foamfence said:

I would have thought Manzares to be one of the 'strongest reserves around,' while Stewart is currently averaging 2+

fair point.

Well done Scorpions...  Great win tonight.... Just please take care of Newcastle and a semi spot is ours :)

Shameful from Garrity tonight , barkers move was fair he didn’t really get close to him , he needs to have a word with himself with an embarrassing attitude after he got up and ran to the pits like rocky , shameful mr Garrity 

• Like 1

Fair play to Scunthorpe, but a pretty pathetic showing from the Bears. 4 heat wins at home is not acceptable. Thank god Tobias turned up, otherwise it could have been a whitewash.

Going to be a long hard season I'm afraid.

Whilst Garrity was absolutely out of order (and how on earth was Jonas excluded in heat 9?!?!), it at least livened up one of the dullest meetings I have seen at the STMP.

Edited by boz
4 heat wins, not 3

Parsy29 how many points did scorpions reserves get tonight ?

Kus is the main issue, was never going to be good enough and we knew that. Pijper is having a shocker, both need to step up or ideally be replaced. Barker clearly has bike issues that hopefully will be resolved whilst Stewart and MBA need time but both will be fine.

Busch has been great but he can't carry us for long. 

7 hours ago, SuperBear said:

Shameful from Garrity tonight , barkers move was fair he didn’t really get close to him , he needs to have a word with himself with an embarrassing attitude after he got up and ran to the pits like rocky , shameful mr Garrity 

Also shameful of Keay putting that side together! I would keep Busch and sack the rest, you might as well sign anyone else going, that pile of garbage just doesn't work.

Anderson brothers are very good second strings, MBA might improve further - Stewart isn't good enough but as we just signed him have to stick with him. Barker will stay. The only options are to jettison Kus and probably Pijper, although might be worth sticking with him on that average although his recent form shows just why he is on that mark.