British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Somerset v Poole KO Cup Weds 2nd May 2018.

So both teams at full strength ie no changes despite new averages for some, so will Poole finally find some form or will it be another romp for the home team?

OR will the weather be the winner again.....?

Edited by Skidder1

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site please? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number. 

Thanks 

I couldn't believe when I checked to see when the 2nd leg was... all the way at the end of June. I know these two fixtures were scheduled originally for Good Friday but another case of poor fixture scheduling harming British Speedway. It's certainly taken the edge off this one abit. 

Intrigued to see how many Poole fans travel up as they bought quite a few with them last year on both occasions, or I wonder if they've lost faith in this team already? 

Looking forward to it :) 

I've just travelled down the M5 from 17 to 23,, lots of standing water and heavy rain, eased off at 23 but still raining. Rain from early evening onwards in Bristol so likely to be the same at the Oaktree Arena. Sky has brightened, weather forecast is an improving one so lets hope the track staff can work there magic during the day.

41 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I couldn't believe when I checked to see when the 2nd leg was... all the way at the end of June. I know these two fixtures were scheduled originally for Good Friday but another case of poor fixture scheduling harming British Speedway. It's certainly taken the edge off this one abit. 

Intrigued to see how many Poole fans travel up as they bought quite a few with them last year on both occasions, or I wonder if they've lost faith in this team already? 

Looking forward to it :) 

Why on earth would Poole fans have lost faith in our team? It’s the start of the season and the team needs a little time to bed in. No worries from me and I would have been there tonight but for the fact I am currently out of the UK until tomorrow.

Fans from other clubs better take the P now, because they won’t have that opportunity later in the season.

This surely has to be the start of the big Poole turn around.  They really do need a morale boasting win, don't you feel Shovvy ?  Yet another defeat could do so much long term damage.

With former Rebels Grajczonek and Kurtz leading the line for Poole and Kildemand who has always scored well here, there is every chance Poole will be within a shout tonight, probably even favourites seen as it's now May and we have only had 1 home meeting.

Heavy rain currently, due to have cleared by lunchtime and dry throughout the afternoon and evening. Hopefully should make for perfect track conditions.

With former Rebels Grajczonek and Kurtz leading the line for Poole and Kildemand who has always scored well here, there is every chance Poole will be within a shout tonight, probably even favourites seen as it's now May and we have only had 1 home meeting.

Heavy rain currently, due to have cleared by lunchtime and dry throughout the afternoon and evening. Hopefully should make for perfect track conditions.

50 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

:lol: st faith in our team? It’s the start of the season and the team needs a little time to bed in. No worries from me and I would have been there tonight but for the fact I am currently out of the UK until tomorrow.

Fans from other clubs better take the P now, because they won’t have that opportunity later in the season.

are you going there to smash them like you did at the NSS against a weakened 4 MAN ACES TEAM :lol:  and still lost :lol: ah well look forward to the result and you smashing at swindon then losing at rye house and being bottom of the league :lol: in the coming weeks :lol: not bad for this best ever team assembled by fraud/middlo enough said !!

Poole are hot favourites for this one with Kurtz and Josh in the line up and the Poles should like the track. Lose this one and surely something needs to be done.

The best ever team assembled we were told..........................laughable

5 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Poole are hot favourites for this one with Kurtz and Josh in the line up and the Poles should like the track. Lose this one and surely something needs to be done.

The best ever team assembled we were told..........................laughable

As I posted earlier, I agree with you about Poole being favourites. We've only had 1 home meeting 2 weeks ago with an afternoon practice before that meeting, after our press and practice was cancelled because of the weather. Can't see there being any chance of an afternoon practice today with the way the weather is.

2 hours ago, geoff58 said:

are you going there to smash them like you did at the NSS against a weakened 4 MAN ACES TEAM :lol:  and still lost :lol: ah well look forward to the result and you smashing at swindon then losing at rye house and being bottom of the league :lol: in the coming weeks :lol: not bad for this best ever team assembled by fraud/middlo enough said !!

Eh, that is not strickley true, Matt said this was POTENTIALLY, the best team since 0-14.  Now, please, if you want to mock our club, which clearly turns you on, get the facts right. Thank you..

Sun has been out for at least the last 2 hours, fairly strong breeze too and no more rain forecast... should mean all systems go for tonight!