British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Somerset v Poole KO Cup Weds 2nd May 2018.

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Does he know? :D

Yes. He will be on the phone as we speak. He must realise that time is up for a couple of these riders.

They will get worse with every passing week. 

56 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

as for jack, I think Matt as made a boo boo

Maybe, but if you start on your boss (alledgedly) that's what happens!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Folder..Same 

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Seemed more than happy banging in the top score tonight!

2 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Seemed more than happy banging in the top score tonight!

Yes, I'm sure!

:rolleyes:

Good god talk about a few headless chicken Poole fans running around thinking the end of the world is nigh. Matt Ford Fan is not a Poole fan. Probably never been to Poole Stadium in his life.

So we have started the season on the wrong foot with a few in the team off form. Not the end of the world. Trophies are won at the end of the season.  If you think that Matt Ford isn’t going to deal with our poor start, then you don’t know Matt.  

Everything will be just fine. I am 100% sure we will be in the playoffs with a very good chance of silverware come the end of the season.

• Like 2

Shovvy knows his Poole stuff. Once the legend that is Chris Holders rides in on his white horse all will be well with World.  

Matt has made a cock up off the team but he has the cheque’s ready  to adjust things.

In footballing terms at least Poole can concentrate on the League now

Edited by semion

19 minutes ago, semion said:

Shovvy knows his Poole stuff. Once the legend that is Chris Holders rides in on his white horse all will be well with World.  

Matt has made a cock up off the team but he has the cheque’s ready  to adjust things.

In footballing terms at least Poole can concentrate on the League now

not just yet the return not to end of june this team will not be at wimborne road ?

Somerset were excellent last night. On Monday they had a good result at BV. Charles Wright had a nightmare at BV and the Rebels could well have come back with 3 points if he rode to his normal standard.

This is the the first time I have seen either team this season. Living half way between the two tracks we used either one. From this showing Somerset are going to surprise a good few teams this year. A well balanced and effective team. Poole on the other hand I feel will have to make some decisions re their team. Chris Holder coming back will make them stronger but I feel there could be more changes than that. On paper they looked strong but you ride on the track not paper.

The track was not up to its normal standard and for much of the meeting there was no overtaking. After heat 5 they did track grading. They did a great deal after heat 3. Jason Doyle came out onto the centre green and explained that there was too much dirt on the inside of the track and it was dangerous. He said it was dangerous and hoped the track work would improve things but it would take about half an hour.

Racing did get better but not up to the normal standard at Somerset.

Enjoyed the meeting however, must say it was very cold and glad to put the heated seats on in the car to come home.

May the Rebels continue their fine form and the Pirates make the changes they need. I am sure with this both teams will be in the mix at the end of the season.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Good god talk about a few headless chicken Poole fans running around thinking the end of the world is nigh. Matt Ford Fan is not a Poole fan. Probably never been to Poole Stadium in his life.

So we have started the season on the wrong foot with a few in the team off form. Not the end of the world. Trophies are won at the end of the season.  If you think that Matt Ford isn’t going to deal with our poor start, then you don’t know Matt.  

Everything will be just fine. I am 100% sure we will be in the playoffs with a very good chance of silverware come the end of the season.

You talk utter crap. I don't need to go to the stadium every week to realise how crap our 1-7 is. 

You are seriously deluded if you think this 1-7 will make the play-offs and have a very good chance of silverware. 

You obviously go to the Speedway but you obviously don't pay attention to the racing. You tried telling me Szczepaniak wasn't a flop last week.

Now you can keep coming with the silly little insults if you want but I have told you and everyone else that changes need to be made as this team is not good enough.

Szczepaniak was poor before and now he is getting worse. You tell me a positive side to that?

Sundstrom a rider on a 7.17 average protected riding as a 2nd string who struggles to pick up 2nd places let alone 1st places. You tell me a positive side to that?

Shanes doesn't beat anyone but Poole riders and is way out of his depth. Matt Ford doesn't want James in the side anyway he is only here to accommodate Sundstrom.

Keep this 1-7 for the rest of the month then the following happens. Out of the KO Cup. Probably 7 points off 4th spot in the Premiership. Another hammering by the Robins on Monday and if Rye win then we are bottom of the table. 

Enjoyable meeting once the track came good.

Disappointed by the lack of credit given to Somerset on here. Excellent team put together by Mr. May. Jonas and BWD are certainly going to be our trick shot this year. 

I think once the track settles down were in for a treat this season.

Poole looked poor but I’m sure they’ll scrape their way into the playoffs at the last second with some dodgy signings, like they always do. 

I have to say the moral of the Poole boys on that track looked dire. Heads down, no communication, no passion. I can only assume the atmosphere on this forum transcends into the pits. 

Can’t wait to finish the job in Dorset. 

Edited by BristolRebel
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, BristolRebel said:

Enjoyable meeting once the track came good.

Disappointed by the lack of credit given to Somerset on here. Excellent team put together by Mr. May. Jonas and BWD are certainly going to be our trick shot this year. 

I think once the track settles down were in for a treat this season.

Poole looked poor but I’m sure they’ll scrape their way into the playoffs at the last second with some dodgy signings, like they always do. 

I have to say the moral of the Poole boys on that track looked dire. Heads down, no communication, no passion. I can only assume the atmosphere on this forum transcends into the pits. 

Can’t wait to finish the job in Devon.

Dorset actually:o

• Haha 1

Just now, ray c said:

Dorset actually:o

He must of got you guys confused with Plymouth... Mind you, the way Poole have been riding so far it'd be easily done :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3