British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Somerset v Poole KO Cup Weds 2nd May 2018.

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Dorset actually:o

Was it not the Falcons I saw last night? :blink:

10 minutes ago, BristolRebel said:

Was it not the Falcons I saw last night? :blink:

No Weymouth wildcats B)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BristolRebel said:

Enjoyable meeting once the track came good.

Disappointed by the lack of credit given to Somerset on here. Excellent team put together by Mr. May. Jonas and BWD are certainly going to be our trick shot this year. 

I think once the track settles down were in for a treat this season.

Poole looked poor but I’m sure they’ll scrape their way into the playoffs at the last second with some dodgy signings, like they always do. 

I have to say the moral of the Poole boys on that track looked dire. Heads down, no communication, no passion. I can only assume the atmosphere on this forum transcends into the pits. 

Can’t wait to finish the job in Dorset. 

Probably already been told their services won't be required much longer, or they know they are not good enough and will be replaced sooner rather than later:rolleyes:

And I agree credit for Somerset very lacking, well done the Rebels.

20 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Yes. He will be on the phone as we speak. He must realise that time is up for a couple of these riders.

They will get worse with every passing week. 

I can assure you he wasn't.

He was stood with us at that point. Even talked me out if going home early i was so cold

5 hours ago, ray c said:

No Weymouth wildcats B)

That’s an insult to the Wildcats.....Even they aren’t that bad!!!

There’s been some cold meetings at the OTA, but last night felt like a November night with a bitter wind slicing through whatever outer clothing was worn!

One guy showed me two pairs of thermal gloves he was wearing, another guy’s teeth were literally chattering as he spoke!  May the 2nd it was !!

The first 5 heats were the most pedestrian I have ever witnessed at Somerset  The track resembled a ploughed field with around six inches of excess shale appearing mid bend  Some riders, notably Lawson in heat 4, literally trundled round like a novice, a full straight behind  Stark contrast to watching his two lightening starts in his next two races where he scorched to two brilliant wins.  

Jason Doyle took to the centre green microphone to explain to to the crowd the dilemma facing the riders  Thankfully, the grading, scraping and watering, eventually seemed to do the trick, and after heat 6, the meeting came alive.

There were some fine passes, especially from Kildemand on the final bend in heat 6  A bewildered Jake Allen could only watch as the spectacular Dane blasted around the outside to pip the Aussie by a tyres width on the line  

Heat 9 saw Charles Wright hit the deck hard and disappear under the air fence  He limped back to the pits complaining of a sore coxicx, but came out for the re-run and stormed to a 5-1 with the impressive Jack Holder   Both Somerset riders not giving an inch, and clearly battling between themselves for the race win  A strange sight, but I guess nowadays it seems riders value the race win more than anything 

Heat 12 saw BWD execute a brutal pass on former Rebels skipper Grajczonek  which left the Aussie non too pleased  The Pirates skipper made his feelings clear to the New Zealand champion after the race with some fierce finger wagging  

Good to see Jonas Jeppesen win his first race and he certainly looks very combative and another decent Garry May signing 

Poole certainly looked under cooked, but I’m not one for joining the ‘sack the lot’ brigade, although Matt Ford was apparently on the road back to Poole by heat 14  James Shanes was always in the mix despite his feeble final score, and he has very tidy style  Brady Kurtz looked fast and Graczjonek hadn’t forgotten the quickest way around the OTA

The Rebels look a force around their home track, and I’ve probably said it before but this is a team of racers assembled by Garry May and the Somerset crowd can look forward to being royally entertained every week  

• Like 4

Good summary as ever ER - following on from your comments about Grajczonek, he is beginning to have a growing reputation for being abit of a whinger. I'm led to believe that's how he was in the pits last season if the track wasn't like a snooker table every week. Seems happy enough to dish it out but can't take it.

Biggest moaner last night was surprise surprise Doyle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ray c said:

James started well for Sheffield tonight 

He would riding against Tom Bacon and Simon Lambert.

11 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

He would riding against Tom Bacon and Simon Lambert.

Very true 9 +2 not bad for a young speedway rider learning his trade and actually we love smiler at Poole and he is a racer winning not everything racing is more important

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

There’s been some cold meetings at the OTA, but last night felt like a November night with a bitter wind slicing through whatever outer clothing was worn!

(......)

The Rebels look a force around their home track, and I’ve probably said it before but this is a team of racers assembled by Garry May and the Somerset crowd can look forward to being royally entertained every week  

Nice match report there, and yes, that cold wind was evil!

Looking forward to seeing more of Holder & Jeppesen. Very good signings I think.

Think your last word should read 'fortnight' btw. We've only got seven home meetings due in three months (April-May-June)!

16 hours ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

...Good to see Jonas Jeppesen win his first race and he certainly looks very combative and another decent Garry May signing ....

Spot on ER.  As Naj said he's now doing what is expected of him.  It certainly looks like there is potentially more to come from him too which is encouraging for your second reserve.  He's certainly not going to be just making up the numbers.