British Speedway Forum
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Witches v Hammers KOCup Round 1 Leg 1 3rd May

$/#@$×=#@$!!

All the best Danny

Looked a nasty crash that one - speedy recovery Danny!

Best wishes to Danny, an all round good bloke.

Congratuations to the team that are no good on away tracks with another win on ...er...anyway track.

Not bad for a pretty average looking side who can’t win away. All the best to Danny on a speedy recovery 

Not sure of the extent of Dannys break yet

The swelling was too great immediately to be able to tell on the spot

I really hope that Danny's injury is not as bad as first feared. It certainly took the edge off the meeting what with Ippo already running R/R - there was a very long delay before Heat1 was re-run and then we had the inevitable 'two on the trot' scenarios. The meeting finally came to an end a few minutes before 10pm and I was back home at 11.20pm.

If it wasn't for bad luck, Ipswich would have no luck  at all - having said that, I believe the Hammers would have won on the night anyway - the top three were pretty awesome and the rest chipped in.

Be interesting to see who guests tomorrow.

Edited by TonyE

1 minute ago, TonyE said:

I really hope that Danny's injury is not as bad as first feared. It certainly took the edge off the meeting what with Ippo already running R/R - there was a very long delay before Heat1 was re-run and then we had the inevitable 'two on the trot' scenarios. The meeting finally came to and a few minutes before 10pm and I was back home at 11.20pm.

If it wasn't for bad luck, Ipswich would have no luck  at all - having said that, I believe the Hammers would have won on the night anyway - the top three were pretty awesome and the rest chipped in.

TBF, the worst possible team for us to be against with RR anyway was the Hammers, and to lose Danny too, well that was that. Think you'd have beaten us anyway, you have a very good team.

Right just got home from tonight's meeting and where to start.

Firstly speedy recovery for Danny we need you back as soon as possible.

Secondly credit to Cam, Michael, Connor & Danyon for not giving up and racing to the end.

Now onto Rory, after a very good heat win in heat 1 his attitude stank for the rest of the meeting and he just gave up. After we lost Danny he should be setting an example to the rest of the team but he attitude was disgraceful. He gave up  and retired while last in heat 13 and a few of us thought that after Michael's heat win in heat 14 that it would be Michael & Cam nominated for heat 15. We were surprised when Rory was announced in heat 15, but then he really took the p*$$ and missed the 2 mins and got excluded. From someone in the pits I found out he wasn't even in the pits and Connor already had his blue helmet cover on ready to come in. As far as I'm concerned Rory can go and do one and should be replaced. Why should I pay my hard earned wages on someone who can't be bothered, as in the end of the day we the public pay his wages. I want to see a team who try and don't give up.

Rant over!

• Like 3

Firstly best wishes to Danny.......

The incident certainly played a part in our performance BUT you only had stand on the second bend to see right from the very off, the Hammers wanted that bit more last night with their heat-leaders attacking the track which also seemed to rub off on the second strings and reserves too... We know all too well the starts are so important in speedway and time and time again last night it was the Hammers going in and coming out of bends one and two.

That said, the Hammers look a decent outfit and barring injury i feel they are set for a good season.

Finally, I think its all too early to start talking about team changes just yet. We are fortunate our next two meetings are against Newcastle and Berwick. Nothing against the opposition but with the right attitude and decent guest, there are some key points to pick up on the road.   

Fingers crossed our fortunes change for the league.

32 minutes ago, Bezza said:

Firstly best wishes to Danny.......

The incident certainly played a part in our performance BUT you only had stand on the second bend to see right from the very off, the Hammers wanted that bit more last night with their heat-leaders attacking the track which also seemed to rub off on the second strings and reserves too... We know all too well the starts are so important in speedway and time and time again last night it was the Hammers going in and coming out of bends one and two.

That said, the Hammers look a decent outfit and barring injury i feel they are set for a good season.

Finally, I think its all too early to start talking about team changes just yet. We are fortunate our next two meetings are against Newcastle and Berwick. Nothing against the opposition but with the right attitude and decent guest, there are some key points to pick up on the road.   

Fingers crossed our fortunes change for the league.

Talking about riders having the right attitude and having Rory Schlein in your team..... Yeah! :lol: Don't take us lightly... We had a silly defeat in a challenge match which probably gave our team the kick up the arse it needed... And unlike your lot.. Even with a bit of fortune for us... We beat Lakeside at home :wink: 

I am never a fan of when people say it's to early for changes and give them time, cos nearly always that's followed by, it's a bit late for changes and oh well maybe next season.  

15 minutes ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

I am never a fan of when people say it's to early for changes and give them time, cos nearly always that's followed by, it's a bit late for changes and oh well maybe next season.  

Difficult to take your opinions seriously on how riders are performing when you openly admit you don’t attend meetings 

• Like 1

I'm not asking you to take my opinions seriously, they are just my opinions. And I don't think I have given my opinion on how riders are riding, just that I'm not a fan of its too early for changes.  You are correct in pointing out that I haven't attended  2 meetings this season. 

8 hours ago, TonyE said:

Not a lot of choice either as Newcastle are the only team from the championship not riding tonight 

Edward Kennett according to the official website.