British Speedway Forum
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Witches v Hammers KOCup Round 1 Leg 1 3rd May

8 minutes ago, Bash said:

Edward Kennett according to the official website.

Cross league guests allowed again then.....wonderful:blink: Plus side im glad its an indication the Ed is fit again.

Edited by Sings4Speedway
spellig

8 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Cross league guests allowed again then.....wonderful:blink: Plus side im glad its an indication the Ed is fit again.

What's wrong in that? If we have to have guests then at least this one isn't attached to another CL club and is a different rider for people to watch.

• Like 2

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to Danny, did look nasty. The rest was rubbish, things need to change, more specifically our luck. If we didn't have any bad luck over the last few years we would have none at all. Do feel sorry for the promotion. On the plus side, raffle numbers can be heard loud and clear...happy days, although I'm not all that impressed with Wayne, he's only marginally better than the commentator on FreeSports, and that's saying something.  

will be interesting to see how the mood swings in the camp regarding Haertel? Will it be classed as a pure racing incident or something that was waiting to happen and create unrest amongst those who have to race with him? I have heard several comments from Longtrack circles that he is prone to taking out other riders.

3 weeks till the next home match.

Is this some kind of a joke (sport)?

10 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

3 weeks till the next home match.

Is this some kind of a joke (sport)?

sadly thanks to some promotions who voted against 2 home and away, we were only scheduled for 13 home fixtures, those being 2 LC home (both lost), 1 KO cup (lost) and 10 league meetings plus 16 lapper and later under 19 British final on May 17th. So if we'd had weekly speedway, it would nearly be season over for us:unsure:

16 hours ago, Bash said:

Right just got home from tonight's meeting and where to start.

Firstly speedy recovery for Danny we need you back as soon as possible.

Secondly credit to Cam, Michael, Connor & Danyon for not giving up and racing to the end.

Now onto Rory, after a very good heat win in heat 1 his attitude stank for the rest of the meeting and he just gave up. After we lost Danny he should be setting an example to the rest of the team but he attitude was disgraceful. He gave up  and retired while last in heat 13 and a few of us thought that after Michael's heat win in heat 14 that it would be Michael & Cam nominated for heat 15. We were surprised when Rory was announced in heat 15, but then he really took the p*$$ and missed the 2 mins and got excluded. From someone in the pits I found out he wasn't even in the pits and Connor already had his blue helmet cover on ready to come in. As far as I'm concerned Rory can go and do one and should be replaced. Why should I pay my hard earned wages on someone who can't be bothered, as in the end of the day we the public pay his wages. I want to see a team who try and don't give up.

Rant over!

There is certainly something going on there! He didnt exactly look happy last week against Newcastle.perhaps he is as unimpressed with the track "improvements" as i am.

Edited by Sprocket

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Get shot of him and bring greaves back.

28 day injury replacement at least.....

6 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

will be interesting to see how the mood swings in the camp regarding Haertel? Will it be classed as a pure racing incident or something that was waiting to happen and create unrest amongst those who have to race with him? I have heard several comments from Longtrack circles that he is prone to taking out other riders.

Greaves did virtually the same thing last year in exactly the same place. Did that have any affect on "the mood"

A few late observations from Thursday's meeting.

Delighted to see Danny King not suffer any breaks, the one's where riders don't hit the air fence always look worse and it's amazing to see him somehow get away lightly. Hopefully Haertel isn't too badly hurt and will be back soon. 

Heat 1 obviously ruined the tie as a contest but the win for the night was still up for grabs and Lakeside ran away with it. Ellis and Lawson were both superb out of the gate and faultless from there. Enjoyed Newman taking a lap of honour after two paid wins! However, I think the reason Ipswich let him go was his injury track record rather than his points scoring. Bowtell impressed, taking a few thirds. Not sure if he's quite ready for this level yet but he's certainly improving, hope Lakeside stick with him, he has potential. 

For the witches, a pretty poor evening clearly. Heeps tried his best and did well. The number of rides in succession must be taken in account but he's looking better. Schlein's ride in heat 1 was superb, best ride I've seen round Foxhall for a while, less said about the rest the better. Sure it's a one off poor night for Rory though. 

Connor is a real enigma. Big fan from Connor from his Mildenhall days but something just isn't right with him and Foxhall. With all due respect to Morley, Clegg and Bowtell, Connor should be beating those 4 times out of 5 round Ipswich now. A bit of an off night for Connor but I do wonder whether he would be better off moving elsewhere. It's clear to see from his away performances that he can do well elsewhere but there is definitely something about Ipswich for him. Hopefully Connor turns it round though. 

Hard to judge Hume at the minute as it's still early days in his comeback, but like Connor, there's definitely a good rider there. 

On a different note, I hope Ritchie Hawkins and Chris Louis have got Jordan Jenkins and Drew Kemp lined up for next season...

Conner doesn't seem to go so well at Foxhall as he does away., which in my mind would be the perfect reason not to see him move track..just imagine what he brings if he can master Foxhall. 

M1992 - Kyles 'victory' laps may have been something to his dad sitting in the stand with the Witches Massif whilst celebrating his birthday

Always good to see Mr N Snr

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Like 1