British Speedway Forum
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Witches v Hammers KOCup Round 1 Leg 1 3rd May

dontforgetthefueltapsbruv- Oh I see, that makes sense! Not a slight on Kyle at all, he's more than entitled to celebrate a paid win, especially beating Schlein. 

Baldyman- Fingers crossed he does come on, would be a hell of an asset for the Witches if so. I was more speaking about his confidence in that it can't be good for him if he finds Foxhall a struggle. But after everything that happened last year, you can clearly see he has a good head on his shoulders and I'm sure many are highly supportive of Connor.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mildenhall1992 said:

On a different note, I hope Ritchie Hawkins and Chris Louis have got Jordan Jenkins and Drew Kemp lined up for next season...

I’d have thought one of them at least will be a shoe in. Both local lads, club mascots and regular second halfers. Whether we include both may depend on how successful this season is. 

If we fall short again, maybe they’ll try a different strategy and go with one of them and a stronger reserve partner to take the pressure off them in their first season next year. 

We went with two 2 pointers again this year to pack in a stronger top 5 and it remains to be seen if that’s successful or not. 

Personally im a big fan of building a team that way and it’s the way I’d go again next year regardless of what happens this season. Especially when you have two terrific talents as those two waiting in the wings. 

It would also be a shame to lose one of them to a rival. It would benefit the club in the future to get them both on the clubs books so I’m hoping that will be the case. 

Looking forward to watching both them, and the other British youngsters in the under 19 final a week on Thursday. 

I hope it’s well supported!

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 2

Very much agree, powerful top 5 and two local prodigious talents at reserve next year for sure 

A good top 5 with at least a couple with improvement left in them would be handy, along with at least one of those 2 young lads, Kemp for me is a total must have, Jenkins probably is as well, but I haven't seen so much of him recently.  I wouldn't be surprised if Mountain does up our top improver this season. 

Nothing against King and Schlein but they shouldn't be in the CL. Nor should the likes of Harris Nicholls Worrall x2 Howarth Morris Lawson....

Replacements for these should come from Jenkins Kemp Greaves Ayres Bailey Clegg Perks Stoneman etc.

1. Covatti 

2. Mountain 

3. Greaves

4. Hume 

5. Heeps

6. Jenkins

7. Kemp

• Like 1

On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 2:25 PM, Baldyman said:

Conner doesn't seem to go so well at Foxhall as he does away., which in my mind would be the perfect reason not to see him move track..just imagine what he brings if he can master Foxhall. 

He's guesting in place of Robert Lambert at Leicester tonight for Kings Lynn .  Lambert's flight with Ryanair was cancelled.