British Speedway Forum
fubar

Colts v Devils - 2/5/18

I'm hoping to trundle across for this tonight but it raining cats and dogs 30 miles away at mo.

Forecast shows intermittent showers from now till bedtime.

Anybody local to BV who can give a weather forecast?

52 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Forecast much improved

looks good now... will be leaving in the next hour

Setting off early, aren't you?

Are you walking it from Ellesmere Port?

Well, the Colts won this pretty convincingly 55-35.

Adam Roynon put up a bit of spirited resistance from Plymouth but the rest of them were somewhat lacking.

Apart from it being freezing cold, it was a good night's entertainment  particularly in some races where the Colts were slow out of the gate and had to work their way to the front.

I have had some doubts about Kean Dicken and although he only scored 2 points from 5 rides, there are some signs of improvement. He was painfully slow away from the tapes and I think he has a big fear of looping it. But once he gets going his race pace is not too far off that of his opponents. He seems to be getting plenty of mentoring from his dad so perhaps the lad may come good.

Sorry to see Paul Bowen hit the deck in heat 6 and damage his wrist. Hope it isn't too serious and he will be back out again soon.

Ben Woodhull continues to impress and his 11+2 was well-earned and he isn't afraid to have a go at anyone whatever their reputation.

So another fine night's entertainment at the NSS and if all National League racing was as good and equally well presented as this then they would be queuing to get in at venues all over the country.

Now if we could just reproduce some of this form away from home then we would have a chance of finishing in the top 4.

Well Plymouth didn’t put up the fight I expected no support for roynon unfortunately who in fairness I would expect to really not drop more than a point a meeting at this level home or away, cockle should be hitting more than 5 and rtd more than 1 although once Woodhull leaves reserve I can’t see the aces being as potent at home especially as Bowen and Dicken together have scored: 13 points between them this season compared to Woodhull’s: 29

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Well Plymouth didn’t put up the fight I expected no support for roynon unfortunately who in fairness I would expect to really not drop more than a point a meeting at this level home or away, cockle should be hitting more than 5 and rtd more than 1 although once Woodhull leaves reserve I can’t see the aces being as potent at home especially as Bowen and Dicken together have scored: 13 points between them this season compared to Woodhull’s: 29

Sums it up perfectly for me. Cockle is fading rapidly but even with half effort should get more than 5. RTD has never achieved what he has been tipped to do and is a perennial 4 pointer. 

The Colts are obviously strong at home but as pointed out once Woodhull is in the main body the reserves are going to be a huge concern. I see Bowen had a suspected dislocated thumb? If true could be a while for recovery and a catalyst for changes.

I think Woodhull is shaping up really well. His brother was in the pits again last night helping him as usual and the lad seems to have a very positive attitude.

As Sings so rightly says this might be the opportunity for the Colts to have a re-jig and make themselves genuine contenders.

Paul Bowen looked to be in a considerable amount of pain as he walked back into the pits and I hope his injury doesn't interfere too much with his pie making.

I felt a bit sorry for Plymouth last night as they had travelled a long way to get a pretty sound drubbing.

Was impressed by young Henry Atkins in his last couple of rides. Came good after a slow start, recall he did something similar at Belle Vue last season too. Looks to have a bright future. 

Overall, thought last night was a meeting of two halves. First 9 races on the whole a little strung out, last half dozen races were much better. Hope Paul Bowen recovers soon, sounded a sore one. 

Plymouth were very disappointing apart from Roynon and Atkins.

complete contrast to last year where the Plymouth riders contributed to a lot of good racing on their behalf.

very enjoyable match

Hope Paul is ok