British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steve roberts

Regulation 18.14.3 and the Rule Book

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

That’s what all the fuss is about if they meet the criterion they can have 4 programmed plus tac sub plus R/R plus IRR plus heat 15 as long as it is 7 rides max.

My interpretation of:

with the possibility of One nomination as a R/R, IRR, TS

is that you can have one nomination as an R/R or IRR or TS, not one of each. I assumed the supplementary rule was clarifying the original rule, not changing it.

20 minutes ago, MattK said:

My interpretation of:

is that you can have one nomination as an R/R or IRR or TS, not one of each. I assumed the supplementary rule was clarifying the original rule, not changing it.

SR1807 amendment(clarifaction) has been issued and there is NO word OR in the sentance (R/R  TS IRR) then it says and or heat 15

Edited by racers and royals

1 hour ago, MattK said:

My interpretation of:

As I mentioned above Cam Heeps took an IRR and a RR and a heat 15 last night so its certainly 1 of each allowed. Taking 1 option does not exclude another

5 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

As I mentioned above Cam Heeps took an IRR and a RR and a heat 15 last night so its certainly 1 of each allowed. Taking 1 option does not exclude another

I believe IRR isn't allowed if RR is already in operation. 

If a team is using R/R and a rider gets injured, the injured rider's rides can only be taken by reserves or 3 rider only heats.

Just now, Daniel Smith said:

If a team is using R/R and a rider gets injured, the injured rider's rides can only be taken by reserves or 3 rider only heats.

Wrong

4 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Altered over the winter

Ironically probably due to the KOCup final last year when Ipswich lost a rider in each leg when already using rr and now possibly the first team to utilise the change :(

22 hours ago, racers and royals said:

SR1807 amendment(clarifaction) has been issued and there is NO word OR in the sentance (R/R  TS IRR) then it says and or heat 15

Clearly you are right, however on first reading (and without comparing it to the original rule) my interpretation was OR rather than AND. Why didn't they write the rule as:

18.14.3 A Team Member (1 to 5) is subject to:

18.14.3.1 A maximum of 4 programmed rides

18.14.3.2 The possibility of one nomination as a R/R

18.14.3.3 The possibility of one nomination as a IRR

18.14.3.4 The possibility of one nomination as a TS

18.14.3.5 The possibility of a nomination for Heat 15 

18.14.3.5 A maximum of 7 rides in total

Does anyone else find the way the supplementary rules are issued incredibly complex? Why not simply update the main regulations and what a "Changes and Amendment" section at the front to track the updates?

• Like 2

You couldn't make it up, no wonder Promoters have problems understanding the rule book, they need to throw it away and start again, too many amendments

On 05/05/2018 at 10:50 AM, Buttons said:

You couldn't make it up, no wonder Promoters have problems understanding the rule book, they need to throw it away and start again, too many amendments

It’s been mentioned every year since the year dot and every year it gets worse

I have mentioned several times that the BSPA and the SCB should state what they require for the season and leave it to someone like Tony Steele to write it, so here we are in May and we have already had 7 amendments not including the recent change to GSA which to date still hasn’t been amended, BSPA promoters sat round a table coming up with wonderful ideas each year isn’t the way to do it.

On the R/R and IRR debate I think it should be one or the other not both, teams using RR should be made to use a no 8 who has the same standing as a reserve, the fact that teams using RR can and often do lose another rider during the meeting just highlights the shortcomings of the facility.

• Like 2