British Speedway Forum
fubar

Potters v Colts - 5/5/18

Personally ive never had an issue with the surroundings at Stoke. I find its slightly run down cobbled together look part of its charm (however much i would love to see huge investment into the stadium and turn it into a top venue). All ive ever wanted on my visits is the track to be in a decent state so that good safe racing can be produced and somebody to smile when they take my money on the gate sadly the first has a 50/50 chance at best and the second thus far has been 100% against but at least i do know where to head if i ever want some milk to be rapidly soured.

18 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Think it's the MDL riders I feel most sorry for. Travelled at their own expense watched 15 diabolical heats and then told the 2nd half is cancelled.  I would imagine they all felt so inspired and valued

This is quite common, especially at Stoke.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

While stoke may not be perfect and does have a issues I would still rather go to stoke than the Health & safety hell hole that is the NSS and indeed do, the NSS has a great track but to be told you can’t do this or can’t do that and you can’t go here or there ,I’ve been twice , once for a buxton meeting where we were treated like cattle by the stewards and the second time as a mechanic where you are given an envelope containing do’s and dont’s , the place is soleless and that’s something stoke has , bring back Kirky lane at least it had sole 

I cannot believe you are being serious here.

One is a world class stadium with a world class track with a management that engage with the supporters and the best presentation in British Speedway.

The other is an utterly rundown dump with a dreadful track and a surly, aggressive and indeed abusive management who turn out poor quality teams year in, year out. Its little wonder that this forum is full of critical comments and I can say that it is the one track that I refuse to go to (regardless of the opposition) and I know I am anything but alone in that.

Kirkmanshulme Lane wasn't much better and I very much doubt that there is a single Belle Vue - or indeed any other - speedway fan who would choose that over the NSS. Most of them would laugh at such a suggestion.

I went yesterday and it had everything - except a close finish - that a speedway meeting should have. Huge crowd, wonderful weather, fantastic racing (go on youtube to see Dan Bewley's astonishing pass of Sam Masters), superb presentation and Adrian Smith (the CEO of Belle Vue Speedway) in the South Stand talking to fans.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

I cannot believe you are being serious here.

One is a world class stadium with a world class track with a management that engage with the supporters and the best presentation in British Speedway.

The other is an utterly rundown dump with a dreadful track and a surly, aggressive and indeed abusive management who turn out poor quality teams year in, year out. Its little wonder that this forum is full of critical comments and I can say that it is the one track that I refuse to go to (regardless of the opposition) and I know I am anything but alone in that.

Kirkmanshulme Lane wasn't much better and I very much doubt that there is a single Belle Vue - or indeed any other - speedway fan who would choose that over the NSS. Most of them would laugh at such a suggestion.

I went yesterday and it had everything - except a close finish - that a speedway meeting should have. Huge crowd, wonderful weather, fantastic racing (go on youtube to see Dan Bewley's astonishing pass of Sam Masters), superb presentation and Adrian Smith (the CEO of Belle Vue Speedway) in the South Stand talking to fans.

I’m sure everything you say about the NSS is true but I won’t go, I don’t like it, it’s soleless and a H&S jizz fest and although the track is amazing I just feel about the stadium is they had a blank piece of paper and that’s the best you could come up with ? I guess I compare it to polish new stadiums which have sole and create atmosphere even when they are half full , my problem with stoke is one person, yes the generator issues need to be fixed but the fact is I have been to stoke twice this season and I have no desire to attend the NSS 

As I am sure my learned friend Halifaxtiger suspects, Dean is on a wind-up mission here and is having a bit of a jolly jape!

Either that or Mrs T has been slipping him some extra chips at the den of iniquity.

Only somebody with significant mental health issues would seriously suggest that Loomer Road could be considered a superior venue to the NSS (or indeed any other speedway stadium).

Halifaxtiger quite rightly sings the praises of the NSS and in particular yesterday's great meeting. It was bloody fantastic!

I'm pleased to hear that Adrian Smith found time to come and see you over in the south stand HT. That would be after he had come to chat with those of us who had paid full price and were sitting in the posh seats.

And what HT failed to mention when he suggests that the NSS is a rather superior venue to Gloomy Road is that at Belle Vue we have a rather excellent mascot in the form of Chase the Ace who whoops the crowd up into a frenzy. Sorry I can't reveal Chase's real identity.

I have been told by someone in the know that they are going to introduce a mascot down at Loomer Road to try to get a bit of enthusiasm going. I believe that the mascot is going to be called Sparky and it will be some poor sod dancing round in a suit made out of old air fence rubber with a flashing light bulb on their head.

But seeing as finances are a little tight at Gloomy Road, they can't actually afford to pay anyone to take on the job so to get the idea off the ground, the clerk of the course has been persuaded to slip into the rubber suit in his spare time and lead the Potters' faithful in rousing chants and gyrations.

What's not to like?

Edited by fubar

13 minutes ago, fubar said:

As I am sure my learned friend Halifaxtiger suspects, Dean is on a wind-up mission here and is having a bit of a jolly jape!

Either that or Mrs T has been slipping him some extra chips at the den of iniquity.

Only somebody with significant mental health issues would seriously suggest that Loomer Road could be considered a superior venue to the NSS (or indeed any other speedway stadium).

Halifaxtiger quite rightly sings the praises of the NSS and in particular yesterday's great meeting. It was bloody fantastic!

I'm pleased to hear that Adrian Smith found time to come and see you over in the south stand HT. That would be after he had come to chat with those of us who had paid full price and were sitting in the posh seats.

And what HT failed to mention when he suggests that the NSS is a rather superior venue to Gloomy Road is that at Belle Vue we have a rather excellent mascot in the form of Chase the Ace who whoops the crowd up into a frenzy. Sorry I can't reveal Chase's real identity.

I have been told by someone in the know that they are going to introduce a mascot down at Loomer Road to try to get a bit of enthusiasm going. I believe that the mascot is going to be called Sparky and it will be some poor sod dancing round in a suit made out of old air fence rubber with a flashing light bulb on their head.

But seeing as finances are a little tight at Gloomy Road, they can't actually afford to pay anyone to take on the job so to get the idea off the ground, the clerk of the course has been persuaded to slip into the rubber suit in his spare time and lead the Potters' faithful in rousing chants and gyrations.

What's not to like?

I’m not winding anyone up and I didn’t say loomer road was a better venue than NSS I just said it has more sole and I prefer to go to stoke of which that is a fact , I don’t think I will ever attend NSS again, it’s not a threat I just don’t like the place and have no wish to go, I missed my first World Cup in years when it was a NSS just because of the venue , it has no sole 

5 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

While stoke may not be perfect and does have a issues I would still rather go to stoke than the Health & safety hell hole that is the NSS and indeed do, the NSS has a great track but to be told you can’t do this or can’t do that and you can’t go here or there ,I’ve been twice , once for a buxton meeting where we were treated like cattle by the stewards and the second time as a mechanic where you are given an envelope containing do’s and dont’s , the place is soleless and that’s something stoke has , bring back Kirky lane at least it had sole 

I'm sorry but I m o you cannot judge the NSS having only once sat down in the stands to watch Buxton for gods sake.To form a true opinion you need to attend a meeting like we witnessed yesterday with a good crowd and witness some of the best speedway racing you will see anywhere in the world,and watch Chase the ace bring the crown to life the guy is brilliant.

Things have changed for the better under the new management they do a great job on race night the whole presentation is spot on and again in my opinion since they took over there are far less stewards around and they have never bothered me at all in any way in fact I never really notice they are there most meetings.

Re the size of the stadium they were never going to build a stadium the size of the ones in Poland with the much smaller crowds we get over here were they.

Seems crazy to me that you will travel to Poland when a 100 miles up the road you can most meetings watch some of the best speedway racing you will see anywhere in the world but we all have different opinions don't we.

Edited by B.V 72

21 minutes ago, B.V 72 said:

I'm sorry but I m o you cannot judge the NSS having only once sat down in the stands to watch Buxton for gods sake.To form a true opinion you need to attend a meeting like we witnessed yesterday with a good crowd and witness some of the best speedway racing you will see anywhere in the world,and watch Chase the ace bring the crown to life the guy is brilliant.

Things have changed for the better under the new management they do a great job on race night the whole presentation is spot on and again in my opinion since they took over there are far less stewards around and they have never bothered me at all in any way in fact I never really notice they are there most meetings.

Re the size of the stadium they were never going to build a stadium the size of the ones in Poland with the much smaller crowds we get over here were they.

Seems crazy to me that you will travel to Poland when a 100 miles up the road you can most meetings watch some of the best speedway racing you will see anywhere in the world but we all have different opinions don't we.

The size of the crowd doesn’t matter it’s a dull uninspiring design  for a new stadium that hold similar size crowds to some new polish stadiums ,it’s not even 50 miles away and I agree the racing is good but I’m not paying my hard earned money to be treated like cattle who can’t think for themselves, enjoy your stadium it’s nust not for me 

1 hour ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I’m not winding anyone up and I didn’t say loomer road was a better venue than NSS I just said it has more sole and I prefer to go to stoke of which that is a fact , I don’t think I will ever attend NSS again, it’s not a threat I just don’t like the place and have no wish to go, I missed my first World Cup in years when it was a NSS just because of the venue , it has no sole 

I'm afraid you have utterly lost the plot.

I've been to the NSS twice, yes, they were playoff matches so somewhat different but the atmosphere on the back straight was electric. The racing is head and shoulders above ANYTHING else in the UK.

If the NSS is not for you, you're no speedway fan. Period.

10 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

I'm afraid you have utterly lost the plot.

I've been to the NSS twice, yes, they were playoff matches so somewhat different but the atmosphere on the back straight was electric. The racing is head and shoulders above ANYTHING else in the UK.

If the NSS is not for you, you're no speedway fan. Period.

I have not said anything about the racing being bad although the day I was there mechanicing the racing was spaced out with I think 1 pass but that was more to do with the away team being poor , but as I said enjoy it, it’s not for me and in the last point I am on the verge of joining the lost 1000s and becoming an ex british speedway fan 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

15 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I have not said anything about the racing being bad although the day I was there mechanicing the racing was spaced out with I think 1 pass but that was more to do with the away team being poor , but as I said enjoy it, it’s not for me and in the last point I am on the verge of joining the lost 1000s and becoming an ex british speedway fan 

And as I said, if it's not for you, Speedway isn't for you. 

We had a great time yesterday can't think of anything to complain about from the ticket office staff to the stewards on the gate in the south stand to Chase the Ace to the presentation and definately to the racing everything spot on. I thought at the time that heat 15 took a bit to get going but the reasons have been pointed out to me so absolutely no problems with that. My only complaint is they built it in the wrong place instead of close to where I live

PS I'm going to Stoke Saturday hope I get the same experience

7 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

While stoke may not be perfect and does have issues 

.......and that could well be the understatement of the year, methinks.

Maybe the Stoke promotion should approach their local council and ask them to build them a new modern purpose built stadium for free.

• Like 1