British Speedway Forum
fubar

Potters v Colts - 5/5/18

I shall never enter Stoke speedway again, a shambles of a club. Feel for the fans that track could be a great racetrack . I've been to every track except Redcar which I will get to this year and although some tracks don't give good racing ,rating the overall experience Stoke come bottom by a country mile

I actually really want to go to stoke just to see if it really is that bad ! Last time I went was twenty years ago and there was a crater on the first bend then.  

But I remember in the late eighties the track was  famously well prepared and smooth so we know it can be done. I know stock cars share the track but so do many other tracks without the rough track. 

I didn’t go on Saturday as I watched the GP but I am reliably informed by certain people that stoke had put new shale on the track and a quote from one rider was “it was mint” his words not mine,however cause some riders couldn’t handle more dirt dave scraped it off after heat 5 , funny enough the same rider loves riding Buxton’s track and often hits big scores there, that rider has the right attitude, it’s a shame others don’t follow, while the generator needs sorting and somebody please sort missery guts out in the bar, the track is not a problem, if it’s rough it’s rough some tracks are, you put inexperianced riders out on bikes they don’t really understand on a rough track then what do you expect ? I watch some national league riders and they are going faster than they can handle and are generally being taken for a ride by the bike,  dave and his team are really trying to get stoke back to where it should be but it’s difficult on a shoe string, 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 1

I remember Craig Watson flying under the airfence and smashing his arm to pieces on a fence post. 

The club has been a shambles since their PL days, horrific stadium awful track and a careless promoter. How the club still has a license under Tatum, i do not know

Whats happened to Rob shuttleworths  form this year at the end of last year i thought he was going to establish himself in the championship but he's national league form has really dropped away to he's form of 2 years ago ... 8,5,2,5,0  is well below he's average maybe there's machinery problems and more to it in the meetings that the bare numbers don't show .. 

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie

as a newport regular at the time i remember it , it put him out for the rest of the season . i think the next year he did the same to his arm at home to stoke . as s4s says it still happens now although thankfully no where near as much as then , when it was a regular occurrence.  not so sure it can be piled on the problems at stoke atm as it was a speedway problem as a whole back then. 

On 15/05/2018 at 1:32 PM, adonis said:

Belle Vue greyhound track was always diabolical , and that was for Elite league , some have been blinded to that by the new surrounds of the nss

If you're referring to the standard of track preparation it wasn't always diabolical. It certainly had its moments when it was poorly prepared, which resulted in several changes of track staff but was fine for the first few years, reasonable for most of the time and very good from when Colin Meredith took over as track curator until we moved out in 2015. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 16/05/2018 at 4:16 AM, Pinny said:

I remember Craig Watson flying under the airfence and smashing his arm to pieces on a fence post. 

The club has been a shambles since their PL days, horrific stadium awful track and a careless promoter. How the club still has a license under Tatum, i do not know

I remember Craig Watson smashing his ankle to bits ,in a match at Newport ,these incidents can happen anywhere.

Macauley Leek went through the fence at full throttle and head on last Monday at Kent. Air bags were smashed to bits but

Macauley, who ended up behind the fence, got up and walked away unharmed.  Why aren't all fences as safe as that ?