British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington V Berwick 19:30 hrs 04/05/18

9 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

You reckon! You might be right regarding the moaning but there are a few Promotions who will not be getting my cash on a regular basis as they have been doing.

ps.

where will I find a  good instruction manual  on cross stitch ??

i have a spare one . if you want it, i can post it out . 

i dont need it at the moment as i have speedway to watch on a regular bases . well almost regular . 

p.s.   are you looking for advanced cross stitch or beginners ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jenga said:

i have a spare one . if you want it, i can post it out . 

i dont need it at the moment as i have speedway to watch on a regular bases . well almost regular . 

p.s.   are you looking for advanced cross stitch or beginners ?

Beginners,I'll collect it from you tomorrow night.

• Haha 1

well 

starting to warm up nicely 

might have to try the food and hot drinks tonight as ill be going straight from work 

be nice to see a few down

can ty and dan carry on there decent form in the so called top league or will the 2nd tier once again prove its a tougher league to score good points

If there is a track out there that should suit Berwick its Workington, so here`s hoping.:unsure:

21 hours ago, jenga said:

r/r will make worky stronger @ home

Personally I wouldn't necessarily have thought stronger, although the structure of the team should certainly mean it's feasible to cover either of the top two from R/R reasonably well. My worry about RR high up the team is always that it gives you one fewer option for heat 15. 

But with all these second-tier matches taking place tonight, a guest is obviously not practical, so fingers crossed!

22 hours ago, Fromafar said:

All pretty farcical IMO.People are not going to waste good money to watch understrengh Teams every other week.Im just about ready to give on this sport.

10 out of the 11 Championship teams are riding tonight, Newcastle being the only ones not in action.  So not much choice for a guest for Rene B, especially when two of the top three in the Diamonds averages are injured/taking a break from the sport.

3 hours ago, StevePark said:

10 out of the 11 Championship teams are riding tonight, Newcastle being the only ones not in action.  So not much choice for a guest for Rene B, especially when two of the top three in the Diamonds averages are injured/taking a break from the sport.

It's this guests for every meeting nowadays that p#ss me off,thought we were trying to help this situation,heard a couple of riders will be missing at Berwick tomorrow too.

Decent match tonight draw was probably a fair result,though Berwick had their chances to win.No lack of effort from anybody but Howe was disappointing again hasn't got going this season ,Kev and Dany were awesome.Lindman fell when in a safe 3rd just trying to hard though which you can't fault.Bewlay was very disappointing for Workington.Crowd was dire the worst I have ever seen at Worky.

ps

Jenga ,where were you with this cross stitch manual you promised.!!!

ooppss , just realised i have packed it away in an unmarked box ( moving house ) and cant remember what box i put it in  !

decent meeting tonight , berwick had their chances and worky wakened up near the end ... still cold for a summer sport tho ..

a draw was the best result for both teams , worky lookong quite rusty, bandits super quick out of the ribbons .

Edited by jenga

1 minute ago, topaz325 said:

Crowd was average not dire, pretty good for Friday after a 3 week break

Fine,but cannot see them surviving on crowds of that level.How many do you reckon were there?

8 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Fine,but cannot see them surviving on crowds of that level.How many do you reckon were there?

not enough 

probably a little down on a usual Saturday night 

where we stand there was at least 2 regulars that couldn't make it due to work comitments 

some just cant turn up all the time

more and more people work longer hours thease days and more work shifts during the week which does make a difference when switching to a week day rather than saturdays

I try to be positive with my posts but what an awful meeting. There  did not seem to be any grip anywhere resulting in a gate and go track to satisfy no-one apart from the gating tarts.

It got to the stage where I didn't care who won, I just wanted to see someone overtake someone else - I am still waiting!

I am not sure how anyone could think it was a decent match, and if all speedway meetings were like this there really would eventually be no spectators at all.

It was a long while ago but I can just about recall our only other meeting this season against Edinburgh when the track provided some really good racing. Why the difference tonight?

Edited by Carlislecomet2