British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington V Berwick 19:30 hrs 04/05/18

Just watched a race from  belle vue with dan ,can he use those bikes next time he rides for us !

5 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Just watched a race from  belle vue with dan ,can he use those bikes next time he rides for us !

Classic Bewley, rides like a GP star at Belle Vue then returns to his Championship club and rides like a novice. Prepare to be frustrated.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MD said:

Classic Bewley, rides like a GP star at Belle Vue then returns to his Championship club and rides like a novice. Prepare to be frustrated.

Funnily enough I was thinking the same at the week-end,not sure what's going on with him,think he has aTeam in Poland now.Great talent though IMO .

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Funnily enough I was thinking the same at the week-end,not sure what's going on with him,think he has aTeam in Poland now.Great talent though IMO .

Superb talent but has to be careful of developing into a one trick pony. Away from BV he doesnt create many headlines, in either league. His BV form should be easily transferable to Polish tracks of similar size.

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Having seen all three meetings over the weekend at Workington, Berwick & Belle Vue he was disappointing at the first two. 

I should point out, though, that he is an inconsistent gater and there were more passes in one heat today at NSS then in 30 heats at Derwent Park & Shielfield. Such a rider will always have problems if the surface simply doesn't permit overtaking.

Give him a track that he can pass on and maybe things might change. His overhauling of Sam Masters was simply brilliant (its on youtube).

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MD said:

Superb talent but has to be careful of developing into a one trick pony. Away from BV he doesnt create many headlines, in either league. His BV form should be easily transferable to Polish tracks of similar size.

12(6) at King's Lynn and 7+2 (4) at Poole suggest otherwise. Even taking into account a poor performance at Swindon, he's still averaging over 6 away.

17 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Having seen all three meetings over the weekend at Workington, Berwick & Belle Vue he was disappointing at the first two. 

I should point out, though, that he is an inconsistent gater and there were more passes in one heat today at NSS then in 30 heats at Derwent Park & Shielfield. Such a rider will always have problems if the surface simply doesn't permit overtaking.

Give him a track that he can pass on and maybe things might change. His overhauling of Sam Masters was simply brilliant (its on youtube).

Having seen all three meetings over the week end ,I agree.

Give the boy time! Couple more meetings at derwent and he will be dialed in! Class act. I do think they need to create a surface at workington with two racing lines as fans want to see riders passing each other that creates entertainment 

And that is the crux of it all - prepare tracks that allow overtaking to take place.

At DP on Saturday Dan (along with others from both teams) were positioning themselves for an overtake and there was just nothing there for them.

It must be even more frustrating for the racers amongst them than for us watching.

If tracks are going to be set up for gating tarts I will go to watch drag racing instead.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

See BWD make a quick recovery to ride yesterday!

He managed to take 6 rides so it must have been a very minor injury .

13 hours ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

And that is the crux of it all - prepare tracks that allow overtaking to take place.

At DP on Saturday Dan (along with others from both teams) were positioning themselves for an overtake and there was just nothing there for them.

It must be even more frustrating for the racers amongst them than for us watching.

If tracks are going to be set up for gating tarts I will go to watch drag racing instead.

In the return at Berwick he was untouchable from the gate, but when missed was nowhere. More to do with the track than the rider

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

See BWD make a quick recovery to ride yesterday!

i see you are medically trained now . the NHS are looking for people like you who can diagnose from a computer . think of the cash you will make . save it up, dont spend it because you will need it when you diagnose something wrong . 

i had the sh1ts yesterday , but today i am ok. 

how are your sh1ts going by the way , have they not gone yet ?  lolololololol ..

Edited by jenga

4 minutes ago, jenga said:

i see you are medically trained now . the nhs is looking for people like you who can diagnose from a computer . think of the cash you will make . save it up, dont spend it because you will need it when you diagnose something wrong . 

i had the sh1ts yesterday , but today i am ok. 

how are your sh1ts going by the way , have they not gone yet ?  lolololololol ..

I think enough said on this subject we should give BWD the benefit of the doubt and see how he pans out over the season as a whole.

how is oystercad  , is he back riding after his spill ?