British Speedway Forum
Blackadder

Sheffield v Peterborough SGBCL 3/5/18 @ 7.30

3 minutes ago, tyke said:

Not fair on Shanes that. He got 9 +2 from 6

Smith in only scoring in 1 of 3 rides and Gravesen not scoring in none of this 3 , is where this was lost

2 pts from 6 rides there is the reason

As soon as the race finished I said it would cost us and it did. Shanes is a quality rider but I will stand by my opinion!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rob W said:

As soon as the race finished I said it would cost us and it did. Shanes is a quality rider but I will stand by my opinion!

So your blaming a reserve whom scored 9+2 and is nearly doubling his cma at home. Scored points in 5 of the six ride he rode in

Against a 2nd string who didnt score a point from 3 rides. Irrelevant that he hasn't ridden much it was the hierachy's choice to pick him and the other reserve whom only scored in one ride ?

Staggering

Just now, tyke said:

So your blaming a reserve whom scored 9+2 and is nearly doubling his cma at home. Scored points in 5 of the six ride he rode in

Against a 2nd string who didnt score a point from 3 rides. Irrelevant that he hasn't ridden much it was the hierachy's choice to pick him and the other reserve whom only scored in one ride ?

Staggering

Just saying, he should’ve beat Bacon and he didn’t? 

Don’t get so upset x

Happy days! Good away performances so far which is encouraging. 

Fair play to Peterborough, a deserved draw. Don’t think Scotty has ever ridden Owlerton that well before.

Losing Howarth / Howarth not riding to his normal standard had a big impact and not helped by Graversen’s non-impact on the meeting.

Not the best meeting, racing wasn’t great - track seemed very dry and slick by the end.

If Lambert had ridden to his average the Panthers could of won but a draw is a good result

12 minutes ago, Rob W said:

Just saying, he should’ve beat Bacon and he didn’t? 

Don’t get so upset x

Just think your harsh on someone whom actually is doing  a bloody good job for the tigers. CMA 3.75 ish and seems that 9+2 at home ins't good enough

Yes maybe should have beaten Bacon in that ride , but his scoring put is in the position to win anyway

If your pointing fingers any maybe they should be directed in a different direction

Edited by tyke

Just now, tyke said:

Just think your harsh on someone whom actually is doing  a bloody good job for the tigers. CMA 3.75 ish and seems that 9+2 at home ins't good enough

Yes maybe should have beaten Bacon in that ride , but his scoring put is in the position to win anyway

If your pointing fingers they should be directed in a different direction

I genuinely think Shanes (as well as Wright) is the best thing to come to the club this season, think he will double his average. I’m probably being very harsh saying it to be honest with how disappointing it was... win, lose, draw as a team. 

On to the next one eh?

Not been tonight due ill health so cannot make a proper assessment on the teams performance, but from what I can gleam from the updates page from my texter mate I don't think it helped Kyle coming into a meeting obviously not fit and having to put out after two injury hit rides.

That puts the pressure on the other two heatleaders when they have to take consecutive rides, which takes it out on both man and machine.

The rider replacement was not working and unfortunately the rider brought in to cover that role failed miserably, but of the riders that were possibly available Gravensen was the best option available. But highlights one thing for me we miss Josh Bates and we need to get him back into the fold as soon as possible.

I think you can really blame James Shanes, the guy has improved with every meeting and is a shining light in the team, he along with Wright and Bjerre were taking on extra rides and kept the team in the meeting along with Todd Kurtz.

The Panthers looked s though they took advantage of our shortcomings, but not fully because if I was a Panthers I would have been disappointed that this was not a win rather than a draw, but congratulations in coming away with some from Sheffield not many teams have been able to say over recent seasons.

But I will say it again the sooner we get Josh Bates back the better.        

• Like 1

First and foremost; well done Panthers on the draw, if it wasn’t for some very determined riding from Charles Wright; could easily have won this match.

Without being disrespectful to the Panthers I think if the visiting team had been Scunthorpe tonight we would have got our asses handed too us.

Tigers were toiling tonight for the first time at home in a long time. I do believe this was a one off. Even if we had carried on with R/R tonight I think we would have had 50+. Add to that Howarth clearly not at the races tonight.

Not too concerned but sooner Bates returns the better. Still a top 4 team with a fully fit team but may have to play catch up this year.

Good result boys well done. Slightly disappointed with Lambert as he needs to be scoring his average at the very least 

Most Panthers fans would have taken this result. Lambert is Lambert a good reserve who is capable of beating the best on his day  but also likely to make you wonder why he bothered to turn up on occasions

Just a bit too much for the Tigers tonight. We only had four riders tonight, so a draw was a good result. Howarth should not have ridden, looked like he was in trouble in is first ride. I don't know what people thought Graversen was going to do, in the main body of the team in is first meeting  was always a big ask. Smith struggled and Shanes was the rider of the night for me. He kept us in it. Wright and Bjerre back to back rides just  to much to ask. The Tigers with a full team would have won that meeting hands down. UTT.