British Speedway Forum
waco

Lakeside V Ipswich frid 4th May 8pm

Cos it's lakeside, the worst excuse for a race track I've ever seen,  although I think I did see one good race once in about 1996

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Cos it's lakeside, the worst excuse for a race track I've ever seen,  although I think I did see one good race once in about 1996

Is the chip on your shoulder causing you some discomfort?

No chip on my shoulder, you could go back 40 years and I would be saying the same thing

27 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

No chip on my shoulder, you could go back 40 years and I would be saying the same thing

That'd be interesting as league speedway didn't start at Arena Essex until 1984......

6 minutes ago, Come on the Skipper said:

That'd be interesting as league speedway didn't start at Arena Essex until 1984......

So he would be old enough to form an opinion from day 1.....

The facilities may be poor at Lakeside ,,But i have visited most tracks in England  over 65 yrs and on any given night the racing can be as good as anywhere else..Some people do not like technical tracks and knock it for the size more than any thing else.....Lakeside is usually well prepared not like some where the stock car racing takes place on the speedway track'',causing dangerous ruts and metal debris.......

Taylor Hampshire guests for Ipswich tonight for the injured German...

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Doesn't matter how many times you mention good racing, it's very unlikely to happen. 

Doesnt matter how many times you mention it, your opinion is no more valid than anybody else's , especially the fans that turn up every week and enjoy it. Each to his own. Personally I can't stand football but I'm not so presumptuous as to think my judgment is any better than those who do enjoy it. If you don't like it don't go, it's that simple. Bleating on a forum is not going to change anything.

Of course when teams like Ipswich turn up with only one rider that can gate consistently, and who can keep up, it's hardly a formula for the best nights racing ever.:unsure:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, waco said:

Taylor Hampshire guests for Ipswich tonight for the injured German...

Cheap guest / limited riders interested in doing it. Either way providing Lakeside go through the motions it should be job done.

Edited by Sings4Speedway

19 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Doesnt matter how many times you mention it, your opinion is no more valid than anybody else's , especially the fans that turn up every week and enjoy it. Each to his own. Personally I can't stand football but I'm not so presumptuous as to think my judgment is any better than those who do enjoy it. If you don't like it don't go, it's that simple. Bleating on a forum is not going to change anything.

Of course when teams like Ipswich turn up with only one rider that can gate consistently, and who can keep up, it's hardly a formula for the best nights racing ever.:unsure:

Very much personal opinion.

I defended Baldy as I know its his genuine opinion of racing at Arena.

I dont actually agree with him. I have enjoyed many meetings at Arena although it is much more enjoyable when rooting for the home team! Whilst supporting the Witches it is generaly less attractive!

• Like 2

Last night was my first visit to the re-shaped Foxhall and it looked good. My impression however, was that it did not look anything like as long as the official length (website 285m although someone said the programme quotes 280m) also.,  I thought it a little dark on the bends - particularly bend 4 but that may just be me.