Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
waco

Lakeside V Ipswich frid 4th May 8pm

From the stands it certainly does look dark, and a few riders have mentioned it . The tarmac is lit up lovely though.

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, TonyE said:

Last night was my first visit to the re-shaped Foxhall and it looked good. My impression however, was that it did not look anything like as long as the official length (website 285m although someone said the programme quotes 280m) also.,  I thought it a little dark on the bends - particularly bend 4 but that may just be me.

Officially remeasured last night, can't exactly remember the length but shorter than 280 now.

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

So he would be old enough to form an opinion from day 1.....

Maybe I'm a bit thick (probably) but how could he have an opinion on something that didn't exist 40 years ago. 

Well he does but who cares,?

I said 40 years, I'm sorry I got it wrong, I just guessed ,   I'm not your normal speedway nerd that everything has to be spot on for.  

It's also better than I am making on, I was just exaggerating , so let's just say the racing I've seen when I've been there doesn't do a lot for me. 

Hope that's a bit better, damn speedway nerds do my swede in.

Like the the person above says, who cares. Life is too short and you never know when it's gonna come to an end. 

Edited by Baldyman

Hope Rory can be bothered tonight as his attitude seemed to change after a cracking first heat.

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I'm not your normal speedway nerd that everything has to be spot on for.  

Well it does help if you have the basic facts if you're trying to persuade someone you know what you're talking about.....

Well I was probably the only Witches fan there tonight in what look a very small crowd, and what a difference 24 hours make. After I criticised his attitude last night Rory put in a very determined performance tonight, but I wonder if words were said to him after the Ipswich meeting. Cam was named captain which was a surprise as thought Rory would be, maybe a consequence of his actions last night. A good meeting and a score line which nobody would’ve predicted.

Man of the match Connor, if only he could bring his Lakeside form to Ipswich.

Edward did well seeing as it was his first match back after injury.

Cam still can’t seem to find the quick way around but better than the shield meeting.

Taylor was out of his depth which was to be expected.

Danyon did his job beating his fellow reserves with controlled riding until his fall in 14.

Good news that Danny hasn’t broken his arm and hopes to be back in three weeks.

Good luck to the Hammers, hope you knock the panthers out.

Strange meeting really as I can’t remember being that not interested before, even when the witches got a 5-1 as the tie was over before a wheel was turned really. Iam sorry to say this because I like him but Alfie looks out of his depth he’s not even in the race he is just on his own half a lap behind every time. 

The meeting felt like it dragged with Ipswich seemingly intent on giving their riders two on the trot whenever possible, it ruins the pacing of the meeting when you have a track grading break then a race then another big gap because of a rider having two on the trot, common sense would be to utilise those gaps to do track grading then but that’s a minor thing and the meeting was still completed within 100 minutes.

Witches kept it closer than I thought and the main reason was they completely outscored our reserves, Zach doesn’t look as quick as he did at the start of the season and is still prone to having offs, and as Liam said, Alfie is terribly off the pace.

still job done and it will give us another home match later in the season.

Ipswich put up a spirited performance against a Hammers side that did not look as invincible at home as previously thought,, score 49 -41... Some good races ,,with Connor Mountain being the star of the show,,undoubtably a better rider round Lakeside than he is at Ipswich,,wish we could swop him for Alfie Bowtell who continues to look out of his depth at this level..Crowd not swelled by many Ipswich fans, but was decent enough ,though, spread round the track which makes it look less,,...Zach looked a little under par after his recent injury but he will soon bounce back....Hammers top five were solid ,but did not dominate as usual..Still an enjoyable meeting in lovely weather for a change.....

I thought it was a decent meeting last night, against a battling Ipswich team. The crowd wasn't brilliant, but every track I go to is in the same boat. 

Neither Heeps nor Hume had seen the track before their first visit and we all know it’s one of the more difficult tracks to master and it showed as they scored 1 point between them. 

Second visit last night and they score 6+1 and 4+3 so that’s encouraging. Hopefully when we return will a full side we can push even closer.