British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Berwick v Workington. Championship Shield 5/5/18

Was going to ask the same question...NO updates???? Not even a blank statement etc.

but yet you posted on here  saying  he is dire/poor @ berwick . pretty poor post . but i will give you that one .

21 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

You’ve obviously never seen Nicolai Klindt ride around Shielfield Park...

i take it you have seen him around shee field then .  many cant remember his last visit @ Berwick .  but you can ! how long ago was it and who were his team  ?

Two teams, two nights, two draws. Ebbed and flowed this one. Workington ahead early, until two 5-1's and a 4-2 in heats 8 to 10 saw Berwick in the driving seat. Then a questionable decision (to exclude Jakobsen) and a shocking decision (to exclude Etheridge) brought Workington back into it. 

Not a great night for racing, which on the whole was a bit strung out. Not sure if you could blame the track for this one. Last week you could see riders trying to pass, but there was little drive to help them. Tonight it wasn't as if riders were in a position to try to pass.

I'm all for giving somebody time, but unless there is an improvement, John Lindman must be on thin ice. Berwick can't afford any passengers. 

Ty Proctor probably the best rider on show tonight. Dany Gappmaier made a few great starts. Just need a bit more consistency from Berwick riders.

1 hour ago, topsoil said:

Two teams, two nights, two draws. Ebbed and flowed this one. Workington ahead early, until two 5-1's and a 4-2 in heats 8 to 10 saw Berwick in the driving seat. Then a questionable decision (to exclude Jakobsen) and a shocking decision (to exclude Etheridge) brought Workington back into it. 

Not a great night for racing, which on the whole was a bit strung out. Not sure if you could blame the track for this one. Last week you could see riders trying to pass, but there was little drive to help them. Tonight it wasn't as if riders were in a position to try to pass.

I'm all for giving somebody time, but unless there is an improvement, John Lindman must be on thin ice. Berwick can't afford any passengers. 

Ty Proctor probably the best rider on show tonight. Dany Gappmaier made a few great starts. Just need a bit more consistency from Berwick riders.

The decision to exclude Jye was terrible, the incident happened just in front of me and my pal and neither of could believe it , if the ref could see the NBJ incident clearly enough to throw him out I can't see how she couldn't see Morris clattering into Jye . The racing wasn't the greatest tonight, I thought that they might of put some water down during the meeting as it was pretty dusty . Some of the later heats where abit bit better but I guess a bit like Friday  night this is another meeting we let slip through our hands . 

Edited by DSC67

A Meeting for me that will be remembered for the two awful decisions yet again by an incompetent referee! She's had some howlers against us over the years like.

Jenga

I stated in my post that it was the BERWICK fans that thought that we would be better with r/r than N Klindt riding for us at Berwick !  It wasnt ME that said that...it was THEM !  They were obviously remembering his previous appearances at Shielfield Park. 

There is no need for such an aggressive and sarcastic post to me !!   I apologised to you, and that should have been the end of it. 

• Like 1

Maybe he was carrying an injury but I find it hard to believe that BWD hurt his knee colliding withJye as he just seemed to take his leg away with his front wheel he never got out of shape or even looked like pulling up when the ref stopped the race!!! Still that's speedway.Tonights racing was poor IMO most races sorted out by back strait,will give Ref benefit of doubt regarding NJB,but how she excluded Jye is beyond me and probably 99% of the crowd terrible decision IMO.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

A Meeting for me that will be remembered for the two awful decisions yet again by an incompetent referee! She's had some howlers against us over the years like.

To be fair she had dropped a ball of wool on the floor when that incident happened 

• Haha 1