British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Normski

Berwick v Workington. Championship Shield 5/5/18

47 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

Jenga

I stated in my post that it was the BERWICK fans that thought that we would be better with r/r than N Klindt riding for us at Berwick !  It wasnt ME that said that...it was THEM !  They were obviously remembering his previous appearances at Shielfield Park. 

There is no need for such an aggressive and sarcastic post to me !!   I apologised to you, and that should have been the end of it. 

i understand that you may be  a wee bit miffed off. but when i ask posters for info on mr klindts meetings @ Berwick , no one could come up with the teams he rode for the years also . so some folk just jumped on the band wagon and almost said he was very poor on his visits to shee field . i am only fighting my case for my team .  posters need proof of riders good or bad form @ certain tracks and of course riders get a wee bit better as time goes by .all except my mate , who never seems to learn ..

sorry if it came over as it did . 

Edited by jenga

Forgettable meeting kept alive by the closeness of the scores and a couple of  controversial refereeing decisions. Dust was flying about from the first heat. John Lindman can’t have long left in this side. He only beat Kyle Bickley. Seen him a few times and not impressed. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Icicle said:

Was going to ask the same question...NO updates???? Not even a blank statement etc.

I noticed a few heats in and quickly put some scores using  my phone, adding heat details towards the end of the meeting

• Like 1

Not the best of meetings, like others on here my friends and i were waiting for the water bowser to make an appearance, got quite dusty.Only the closeness of the scores kept it interesting,think all the riders need more consistency well done to the Gap in the full body of the team and top scoring don't see any improvement in Lindman at all.

4 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Not the best of meetings, like others on here my friends and i were waiting for the water bowser to make an appearance, got quite dusty.Only the closeness of the scores kept it interesting,think all the riders need more consistency well done to the Gap in the full body of the team and top scoring don't see any improvement in Lindman at all.

Track prep is way to complicated for us forum fannies to understand,just got to move to another part of the stadium if it gets dusty fromHeat1.

Edited by Fromafar

14 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Track prep is way to complicated for us forum fannies to understand,just got to move to another part of the stadium if it gets dusty fromHeat1.

Brought back memories of meetings at Dry House 

so looking at that result , workington are better than lakeside and  Glasgow . ! appy daze ..

Edited by jenga

Hardly a classic this one at one point it looked like ano away win was very much on the cards then it looked Berwick had done enough to win before both teams had to settle for a draw. Passing very much at a premium infact I cant recall another pass apart from David Howes very clever move in Ht14. Great to see Danny Gappmaier doing such a great job but the jury is still out on John Lindman.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jenga said:

so looking at that result , workington are better than lakeside and  Glasgow . ! appy daze ..

Liverpool beat Manchester City  3 0 but it doesn't make them league champions

thats not what i was saying !  peterborough beat uppo , does that make them cup winners ?

56 minutes ago, jenga said:

thats not what i was saying !  peterborough beat uppo , does that make them cup winners ?

56 minutes ago, jenga said:

It did in 2017

i dont know if you know , but its 2018 now !

Perhaps the shale blowing up from the track got in the refs eyes on a couple of occasions. 2 howlers by her yet again!!! John Lindman has been a disaster just hope now that he is In reserve he doesn't start costing us points as a low scoring one! Well done to the Gap following his move into the main body of the team.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jenga said:

Think it has more to do with Berwick being consistently inconsistent. Berwick are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get.

• Like 1

Have been impressed with Dany this season,he has saved us most matches this season.

• Like 1