British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Swindon vs Poole BH Mon 7th May

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe Shanes will come back in for Sczhepaniak at the end of the month and allow for another 7 or 8 point rider if any of the top 5 are still not performing?! ;-)

No thanks.

Feeling optimistic now that we have cut some of the dead weight and brought in an in-form reserve.

If Szczepaniak performs then I can see us winning. If he doesn't then I can see us taking a point back to Wimborne. 

I’d take any Swindon win but seriously Poole will clean up at reserve with Stefan in their line up.

With Killer also in the team I might be due a trip to the bookies to see the odds for a Poole win.

An off night for any of Swindon’s top 5 which is them scoring less than 6 will result in an away win.

Shame Shanes rides for a Thursday night team as he’s better than Mitchell.

I know this is a meeting thread but should have given james more time not an underperforming pole the guy gives everything which is more than some of the so called better riders in our team would love to see Rosco take over from Middlo we need someone to get the best from our rders reckon he could

4 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

James Shanes has been released for a few weeks and Poole have signed Stefan Nielsen who will ride at Swindon on monday. 

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe Shanes will come back in for Sczhepaniak at the end of the month and allow for another 7 or 8 point rider if any of the top 5 are still not performing?! ;-)

Not usually allowed under the rules, however these can of course be bended if you want to try gain an advantage. 

16.3.5 The BSPA MC monitors all proposed moves and has the sole responsibility to approve all

(re-)Declared Team Line-Ups having been satisfied they are in the best interests of the sport.

And

16.5.2.2 No facility is permitted to replace a rider, who although included in a Re-declaration has not

made an appearance for that Team since being re-declared.

Edited by stevebrum
added detail.

29 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Feeling optimistic now that we have cut some of the dead weight and brought in an in-form reserve.

If Szczepaniak performs then I can see us winning. If he doesn't then I can see us taking a point back to Wimborne. 

So I assume you will now be attending the meeting rather than reading updates seeing you’ve got the change you wanted.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Still think Swindon will win this. Have the two most inform riders in Batch & Ellis & Morris is doing his job at 1. Bellego will be at 2 (IMO) which will allow him to clean up. Stef hasn’t ridden at this level for a few years so a tough one to come into regardless of what he scored for Scunny against a very poor Redcar side tonight. I predict he’ll bin it in heat 2....saw him struggle at the Abbey plenty of times. 

Edited by hyabb17

12 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Not usually allowed under the rules, however these can of course be bended if you want to try gain an advantage. 

16.3.5 The BSPA MC monitors all proposed moves and has the sole responsibility to approve all

(re-)Declared Team Line-Ups having been satisfied they are in the best interests of the sport.

And

16.5.2.2 No facility is permitted to replace a rider, who although included in a Re-declaration has not

made an appearance for that Team since being re-declared.

Why/How are either of those rules relevant to Poole's change?

Will be coming up for this one. Weather looks set fair so hopefuly a big crowd and lots of Poole fans making the trip up to support the team.

I don’t expect us to get anything as the team have started woefully with over half the team off form, not only here but abroad as well. No one could have predicted such a poor start.

We need to see Kildemand scoring double figures to back up Brady.  But his form in Poland has been abysmal, so a poor score wouldn’t suprise me.

Swindon by 8. If we get a point that’s an improvement.

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Will be coming up for this one. Weather looks set fair so hopefuly a big crowd and lots of Poole fans making the trip up to support the team.

I don’t expect us to get anything as the team have started woefully with over half the team off form, not only here but abroad as well. No one could have predicted such a poor start.

We need to see Kildemand scoring double figures to back up Brady.  But his form in Poland has been abysmal, so a poor score wouldn’t suprise me.

Yes some people did.

Flaky Poles, Holder saga, Sundstrom for Hans, Kurtz not a true number one.

All theories put forward by some fans before a wheel was turned........only to be told that we were talking rubbish and this was the nest Poole team assembled.

With regards to the match Swindon by 8 is a perfectly reasonable outcome to expect

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

yeah going to places to smash um !! seems not to be happening wonder why for this great title winning team ??????

Do not understand why this is a 7.30 pm meeting, the last dog race is 2pm and with a nice sunny day surely a mid afternoon start time would have encouraged more families who do not want a late trip home.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Do not understand why this is a 7.30 pm meeting, the last dog race is 2pm and with a nice sunny day surely a mid afternoon start time would have encouraged more families who do not want a late trip home.

Agree with school the next day as well

• Like 2

19 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

So I assume you will now be attending the meeting rather than reading updates seeing you’ve got the change you wanted.

He will be there with his purple chinos on. Oh no that was Gater1 who wore them!!

Love em or hate em there is no denying its our biggest meeting of the season when the Poole "Lost Property" Pirates are in town. Looking forward to it, if slightly apprehensive after the Nielsen move.