British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Swindon vs Poole BH Mon 7th May

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Brady a proper number one tonight. Had Morris for breakfast on his own track. Other than spanner the rest were poor. 

Just like Nick had Brady in his pocket on Brady’s home track then Steve or you forgot that?.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

We wasn't competitive Starman. We were hanging on with 3-3's even when Ellis was throwing point's away.

We faced a reserve pairing of Zach Wajtknecht and Mitchell Davey yet we still lost by double figures.

Did you actually go?.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Does Spanners 8 points give him a reprieve ? That might put his average up to what he came in at.

I personally don't care anymore the whole club is surrounded by negativity. It's a mess 1 change doesn't solve the issue we need 3 changes. 

4 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

I personally don't care anymore the whole club is surrounded by negativity. It's a mess 1 change doesn't solve the issue we need 3 changes. 

you said you was feeling positive after Shanes was dropped for Neilsen.1 meeting later your on one.

4 or 5 meetings in and you have given up...A real fan would look for the plus's Kurtz and Spanner tonight..

I wonder where you live ??

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

you said you was feeling positive after Shanes was dropped for Neilsen.1 meeting later your on one.

4 or 5 meetings in and you have given up...A real fan would look for the plus's Kurtz and Spanner tonight..

Nowhere near Poole. Doubt Ross Bennett has ever been to Wimborne Road.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I was and then tonight Sundstrom got even worse. Woryna got even worse. Kildemand got even worse. Grajczonek was rubbish on a track he has a lot of experience on.

Linus's confidence is shot and it's not going to change over a week or two. Our next meeting is Rye away. Our two Poles will hate the place. We are virtually out of the cup. The whole team apart from Brady is inconsistent. 

Nielsen came in for Shanes and it now looks like he might be facing a spell on the side lines. 

We aren't going to do anything. Wolves will not choke because they are solid around Monmore. BV are dialled in around the NSS and they have 2 riders who are having a breakthrough season. Swindon are too solid around Blunsdon and they also pick up points on the road. KL are riding well. 

We are not going to make up 10 points it's a fact. Even if we do by some miracle then we would end up going to Wolves knowing full well 66% of the team can't ride the place for toffee. 

29 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Nowhere near Poole. Doubt Ross Bennett has ever been to Wimborne Road.

You would have to ask Ross Bennett that. Ill wait for the obvious reply (I am asking)

Up to and including                        
  Monday, May 07, 2018                        
    M W D L 4W 3W D 1L L F A Pts
1 Swindon 5 2 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 235 214 13
2 Wolverhampton 4 3 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 205 155 10
3 Belle Vue 5 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 230 220 9
4 Leicester 4 2 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 195 165 7
5 King's Lynn 4 2 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 187 173 7
6 Rye House 5 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 194 256 6
7 Somerset 4 1 0 0 0 0 0 2 1 167 193 5
8 Poole 5 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 2 206 243 4

..... no shame being eighth .... unless of course your’re the all conquering world beating Poole team who’s going to smash everyone this year home and away and walk the league! Happy Days!!!! :)

Well it's official - SS was absolutely correct and Poole do have the strongest team in the league - propping everyone else up from eighth place in the league! :rofl:

Surely their averages a low enough now to ring the changes?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Well it's official - SS was absolutely correct and Poole do have the strongest team in the league - propping everyone else up from eighth place in the league! :rofl:

Surely their averages a low enough now to ring the changes?

Do they have official averages yet?

There is no way that this Poole team is as bad as their results so far, they either aren't putting in 100% or its all a carefully planned averages fiddle. Criminal either way.

• Like 1

Why would riders ride rubbish on purpose so they can get sacked and have no money?? :unsure:

This was my first visit this year. I expected to see the biggest crowd of the season - Poole, Bank Holiday and nice weather. And it was a good crowd. When we arrived I was a bit horrified to see the crowd for the turnstiles snaking right along the stadium wall and round to the back straight. I thought we'd be ages getting in, but, fortunately, they were all queing for one turnstile. The other one had about 10 people waiting! British and queueing, eh?

I enjoyed the match. As others have said, for the first two-thirds I don't think there was a single pass, but the scores kept it close and the crowd seemed happy enough with what they were watching. The racing improved dramatically in the last few races - possibly after the riders reportedly told them to stop watering it? It did get more dusty though.

Someone said to me before hand that Adam Ellis has a new engine that is extremely fast and to watch out for him. That was an understatement. He shot out from the start in both his first two rides, and was miles ahead. It's like he was so fast that he couldn't keep up with himself! And then came off both times. He was then unbeaten for the rest of the night. Sensational from Adam. I was hoping he'd have been out in heat 15, just because I wanted to watch him again.

Apparently there are only two of these engines being used at the moment. I never thought to ask who is using the other one. Robert Lambert maybe? Just a guess though.

Poole were okay. The doom and gloom from Dorset is bound to happen, as results aren't going their way, but this is a decent team. I can still see them in the play-offs come the end of the year. Shanes for Nielsen? Not sure how well that will go, but at least Mitchell Davey was able to get a point!

Great race from Zach to pass Sundstom in heat 14 - a race that won him man of the match. Personally I'd have gone with Ellis, who looked like a World beater tonight once he got to grips with the speed of the bike!

• Like 1

Maybe Ford needs to look at the manager who is obviously struggling to motivate his riders. Neil Middleditch the speedway equivalent of Arsenal Wenger

• Like 1