British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Swindon vs Poole BH Mon 7th May

8 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Maybe Ford needs to look at the manager who is obviously struggling to motivate his riders. Neil Middleditch the speedway equivalent of Arsenal Wenger

That's a total insult to arsene Wenger :angry:

Edited by ray c
  • Haha 1

Never write off Poole Speedway.....You would think some of the fools on here would know that by now. Enjoy your moment of fun at our expense but let's see how the table looks in October!?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Grachan said:

This was my first visit this year. I expected to see the biggest crowd of the season - Poole, Bank Holiday and nice weather. And it was a good crowd. When we arrived I was a bit horrified to see the crowd for the turnstiles snaking right along the stadium wall and round to the back straight. I thought we'd be ages getting in, but, fortunately, they were all queing for one turnstile. The other one had about 10 people waiting! British and queueing, eh?

I enjoyed the match. As others have said, for the first two-thirds I don't think there was a single pass, but the scores kept it close and the crowd seemed happy enough with what they were watching. The racing improved dramatically in the last few races - possibly after the riders reportedly told them to stop watering it? It did get more dusty though.

Someone said to me before hand that Adam Ellis has a new engine that is extremely fast and to watch out for him. That was an understatement. He shot out from the start in both his first two rides, and was miles ahead. It's like he was so fast that he couldn't keep up with himself! And then came off both times. He was then unbeaten for the rest of the night. Sensational from Adam. I was hoping he'd have been out in heat 15, just because I wanted to watch him again.

Apparently there are only two of these engines being used at the moment. I never thought to ask who is using the other one. Robert Lambert maybe? Just a guess though.

Poole were okay. The doom and gloom from Dorset is bound to happen, as results aren't going their way, but this is a decent team. I can still see them in the play-offs come the end of the year. Shanes for Nielsen? Not sure how well that will go, but at least Mitchell Davey was able to get a point!

Great race from Zach to pass Sundstom in heat 14 - a race that won him man of the match. Personally I'd have gone with Ellis, who looked like a World beater tonight once he got to grips with the speed of the bike!

The other rider on a Godden is Scott Nicholls

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Who, I see, scored a paid maximum for Rye House against Somerset, and beat Jason Doyle 3 times.

18 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

He is. Did a lot of testing inthe winter, apparantly likes them.

46 minutes ago, ScunnyDan said:

Is there any update on how Stef is please

I can't find the article now but last night I saw it on twitter from the local paper about they were worried he might have ligament damage but know more tomorrow. This is from my really bad memory as can't find the article on Echo website! 

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

This was my first visit this year. I expected to see the biggest crowd of the season - Poole, Bank Holiday and nice weather. And it was a good crowd. When we arrived I was a bit horrified to see the crowd for the turnstiles snaking right along the stadium wall and round to the back straight. I thought we'd be ages getting in, but, fortunately, they were all queing for one turnstile. The other one had about 10 people waiting! British and queueing, eh?

I enjoyed the match. As others have said, for the first two-thirds I don't think there was a single pass, but the scores kept it close and the crowd seemed happy enough with what they were watching. The racing improved dramatically in the last few races - possibly after the riders reportedly told them to stop watering it? It did get more dusty though.

Someone said to me before hand that Adam Ellis has a new engine that is extremely fast and to watch out for him. That was an understatement. He shot out from the start in both his first two rides, and was miles ahead. It's like he was so fast that he couldn't keep up with himself! And then came off both times. He was then unbeaten for the rest of the night. Sensational from Adam. I was hoping he'd have been out in heat 15, just because I wanted to watch him again.

Apparently there are only two of these engines being used at the moment. I never thought to ask who is using the other one. Robert Lambert maybe? Just a guess though.

Poole were okay. The doom and gloom from Dorset is bound to happen, as results aren't going their way, but this is a decent team. I can still see them in the play-offs come the end of the year. Shanes for Nielsen? Not sure how well that will go, but at least Mitchell Davey was able to get a point!

Great race from Zach to pass Sundstom in heat 14 - a race that won him man of the match. Personally I'd have gone with Ellis, who looked like a World beater tonight once he got to grips with the speed of the bike!

Good post Grachan..

57 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Maybe Ford needs to look at the manager who is obviously struggling to motivate his riders. Neil Middleditch the speedway equivalent of Arsenal Wenger

Nothing wrong with the manager mate, you should know yourself, once those pit gates close its out of his hands, anything can go wrong in a race. Same as when the trainer gives a jock instructions, 9 times out of 10 he will carry them out, but occasionally something will go wrong in the race which is beyond his control.

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Nothing wrong with the manager mate, you should know yourself, once those pit gates close its out of his hands, anything can go wrong in a race. Same as when the trainer gives a jock instructions, 9 times out of 10 he will carry them out, but occasionally something will go wrong in the race which is beyond his control.

So Middlo is a mastermind if Poole do well & it’s not his fault if they’re bad?.

What a job to have on that basis as can’t go wrong.

Decent meeting in front of a decent crowd last night. Racing wise, a bit gate and go early on but improved as the meeting went on. Looked like we were in for a nail biter for the first 7 or 8 heats, but those Pirates fell apart.

Brady looked sharp which is about the only positive for Poole. The team who looked like a team turned it on when it mattered.

Hope Stefan is all ok after his couple of tumbles. 

For the Robins, onto a big week next week

2 hours ago, Grachan said:

Scott Nicolas rides the other one they are a new version of the Godden

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

So Middlo is a mastermind if Poole do well & it’s not his fault if they’re bad?.

What a job to have on that basis as can’t go wrong.

Best of both worlds then job for life .Last season your team was written off before the season started predicted wooden spoon etc etc looked what happened ;)

On 6/5/2018 at 11:41 AM, Skidder1 said:

Neither of the 2 rules you quoted are specific or relevant to Shanes' situation, unless if/when he returns (at the possible expense of a Pole) its seen as being in the best interest of British Speedway, whilst at the same time redeclaring with an 8-pointer?!;);)  Poole are likely to have plenty of points leeway to strengthen!!

If it's seen in the best interest of British speedway then the rules apply as described. :neutral:

On 6/5/2018 at 8:12 PM, A ORLOV said:

So Nick Morris should easily outscore him

He usually does,  but not tonight. Still, he had him in his own back pocket last night.

12 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Give over Gavan, Brady is better than Morris tonight. Even you can't argue with that one.

Likewise Morris was better than Brady at Wimborne Road,  no one can argue with that.;)

12 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Give over Gavan, Brady is better than Morris tonight. Even you can't argue with that one.

Have i tried to argue that?

Morris has scored 23 points in the 2 meetings this season and Kurtz has scored 17. 

Morris in the UK had a higher average than Kurtz last season.

Morris in the UK this season has improved his average even further compared to Brady.

Who do i think will be the better long term prospect? Kurtz

Who do i think is better to watch? Kurtz

Who is currently the better rider in the UK, therefore who would i rather have in my team? Morris......its not even a debate....yet!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1