British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh v Peterborough CH 4/5/18 @7.30pm

So we start of our championship campaign again the Peterborough panthers with their new number 1 Scott Nicholls leading the way, no Grondal or Ostergaard for the panthers as they are riding in Denmark so Carl Wilkinson will guest in place of Grondal and R/R will be in operation for Ostergaard. The home boys will be at full strength and be looking to kick in from last weeks victory. 

Home win by 10. 

Teams for Friday: 

Edinburgh 

1. Ricky Wells

2. Joel Andersson 

3. Mark Riss 

4. Max Ruml 

5. Erik Riss 

6. Matt Williamson 

7. Josh Pickering 

Peterborough 

1. Scott Nicholls 

2. Carl Wilkinson 

3. Nike Lunna 

4. Michael Palm Toft 

5. Ulrich Ostergaard R/R

6. Tom Bacon 

7. Simon Lambert 

Is there not another Friday that P'Boro could have ridden at Edinburgh when their Danes weren't in Denmark? If I had a pound for every time teams have been scheduled at Armadale with riders committed elsewhere.....

• Like 4

Well without those 2 and the form of Lambert last night I fear a drubbing. 54-36 or something similar 

• Like 1

Yeah and no disrespect but don't think Wilko will score the points that Grondal would..and r/r for Ully ain't great..done well last night but I worry about our reserve pairing away...easy win for Edinburgh.

Reserves will let us down again. Lambert needs to start scoring well at reserve.

Wilkinson rides Edinburgh well so should cover Grondal adequately. 

Nicholls reckons he hasn't ridden Edinburgh for 20 years.

8 hours ago, Flappy said:

Reserves will let us down again. Lambert needs to start scoring well at reserve.

Wilkinson rides Edinburgh well so should cover Grondal adequately. 

Nicholls reckons he hasn't ridden Edinburgh for 20 years.

1997 Scotland v England under 21s was his last appearance at Armadale 

Why does it feel like we've chucked the meeting in already tonight?

Edited by Flappy

Come on MPT the meeting started 11 races ago

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Why does it feel like we've chucked the meeting in already tonight?

Spoke too soon, what an evening for Nicholls and Lunna carrying the rest with 28+1 between them. 

Good couple of days on the road.

Anyone would think that Lunna and MPT swapped team positions and told no one!! 

Big tick for Nike tonight, would Ulrich of scored more than the four points gained from his R/R riders, 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Anyone would think that Lunna and MPT swapped team positions and told no one!! 

Big tick for Nike tonight, would Ulrich of scored more than the four points gained from his R/R riders, 

I see what you did there haha 

Ostergaard would've scored more than R/R 

MPT must be doing better than that imo 

Lambert scored his average, but I'd like to see some wins in heat 2. 

Bacon on the road concerns me 

Edited by Flappy

Good point for Panthers...I think we would have won with a full team..I'm impressed so far this season.. well done boys!..and another good result for our boys was Workington not winning in the Champ shield.

Edited by Lukas

This was the best match of the season with plenty of quality racing & passing from Nicholls & Wells in particular.

Scotty is such a class act  and showed how to ride a "technical track" and gave Erik Riss a lesson on inside passing three times in four clashes.

With Lunna offering good support, and MPT coming to the party late on, Panthers deserved their one match point.

For the Monarchs the main plus point tonight was a vastly improved performance from Joel Andersson, whom I was told was given advice prior to the start on how to ride the Dale by  a former exponent.

I feel that Max Ruml would benefit from some after match on track coaching from either Wells/Erik Riss or  Joel's tutor  also, as imo, there is a talented rider urgently needing guidance to realise his potential.

4 hours ago, Flappy said:

I see what you did there haha 

Ostergaard would've scored more than R/R 

MPT must be doing better than that imo 

Lambert scored his average, but I'd like to see some wins in heat 2. 

Bacon on the road concerns me 

Lambert and  Bacon on the road is a major concern, at the showground Lambert  is fine but I'm not convinced by Bacon home or away yet, but I hope he proves me wrong otherwise we are going to be very suspect at reserve which could cost  us dearly as I can't see either of them rising enough up the averages to the top 5 and they are likely to remain at reserve all season.

4 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Lambert and  Bacon on the road is a major concern, at the showground Lambert  is fine but I'm not convinced by Bacon home or away yet, but I hope he proves me wrong otherwise we are going to be very suspect at reserve which could cost  us dearly as I can't see either of them rising enough up the averages to the top 5 and they are likely to remain at reserve all season.

I would've expected Lambertto score better at Sheffield