British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh v Peterborough CH 4/5/18 @7.30pm

Cracking nights entertainment with passing in literally every race. 

Scott Nicholls was superb and was a joy to watch.

we are still very inconsistent as a team can’t seem to get everyone going at the same time, Joel has started scoring now Max is struggling. Erik not winning a single race last night also can’t see that happening again this season.

That was probably the most enjoyable meeting that I have attended at the Dale in a long time.

There was some great racing with Scott Nicholls in particular showing his class around the small track. He was a pleasure to watch. I hope we see him back up here much sooner than his last visit :D

It's also worth noting how swiftly the meeting was run. IMO, this is how every meeting should be. Obviously there are times when incidents and accidents make that impossible, but this should be the aim.

As for the Monarchs team, it's still looking a bit shaky but there are encouraging signs. Joel looked much better than the last time I saw him, although his style still looks very awkward. 

Erik had a bad night. He looked like he was maybe missing the heavier surface of the early meetings.

Josh offered some great entertainment, but really needs to sort out his gating, and maybe also work on his inside line. If someone is already on the outside he doesn't seem to have an answer most times. Heat 14 was a good example of that, with a clearly slower rider in the way, and that was his team mate!

All in all, a very entertaining night, though...and it's not often I've said that about my Armadale experience recently!

• Like 1