British Speedway Forum
Blackadder

Glasgow v Sheffield SGBCL 04/05/2018 @ 19.30

33 minutes ago, MANSE said:

Surely if James is told he is replacing Paul he should check what gate he was in and helmet cover he should have all in his programme very simple

Divided opinion then , some blame the rider , me and others blame the team manager . Surely the manager is in charge of what's happening in his side of the pits . Lets just be thankful it happened once the meeting was won , and that it is never repeated 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Divided opinion then , some blame the rider , me and others blame the team manager . Surely the manager is in charge of what's happening in his side of the pits . Lets just be thankful it happened once the meeting was won , and that it is never repeated 

Team manager should always ensure the basics ie correct helmet colour this is a basic requirement.

I do agree with Manse in that the rider should always know what gate he is on programmed ride or not  before leaving the pits, was a pretty ameturish occurrence hopefully never to be repeated.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MANSE said:

2 hours ago, MANSE said:

Surely if James is told he is replacing Paul he should check what gate he was in and helmet cover he should have all in his programme very simple

Sarj was meant to replace jack in ht 14 but because starky pulled out jack was back in and the confusion was who was replacing who but between the manager and the COC who tells the ref what’s happening with rider changes could or should have sorted it before both riders went on track 

• Like 1

On 5 May 2018 at 8:47 AM, Gazc said:

I would question why both riders were allowed to leave the pits with the same helmet colour rather than fine a rider, but I will agree with you it was shambolic (and just slightly comical).

Refereeing standards have dropped alarmingly though do none of these buffoons read the rule book oh wait silly me of course they don't.

It's in the comic err I mean rule book that it is the team managers responsibility to ensure his riders getto tape within the allotted time and wearing the correct helmet colour. Someone posted the regulation a couple of days ago

Don't think he said correct helmet cover it was correct heat and on time I believe

The Team Manager is responsible. Paulco is correct the lack of experience is a worry. It is not as though he is new to the sport, its down to paying attention and keeping focused until the racing is done

2 hours ago, Owenbros said:

The Team Manager is responsible. Paulco is correct the lack of experience is a worry. It is not as though he is new to the sport, its down to paying attention and keeping focused until the racing is done

Too many distractions and people in the pits.

On 07/05/2018 at 1:54 PM, Owenbros said:

I don’t think this has anything to do with experience or lack of. Given Jack was already riding injured and it’s not unusual for the ‘stronger’ reserve to come in as a replacement for the ‘weaker’ reserve, I reckon all that’s happened is James wrongly assumed he was replacing Jack when told he was in heat 14. 

As a result he’s checked the programme and come out in the wrong coloured helmet and tried to line up in Jack’s gate. 

Its a simple mistake that has been made and who’s to say it wasn’t Cami that spotted the issue first off and sent someone running across the centre green with the correct coloured helmet cover? 

Lets be honest, it’s not the first time this has happened and won’t be the last. In my opinion the fact it’s a new manager has absolutely nothing to do with it. 

• Like 1

It was announced when he reached the starting gate that he had the wrong colour on.

4 hours ago, Solidmango said:

I don’t think this has anything to do with experience or lack of. Given Jack was already riding injured and it’s not unusual for the ‘stronger’ reserve to come in as a replacement for the ‘weaker’ reserve, I reckon all that’s happened is James wrongly assumed he was replacing Jack when told he was in heat 14. 

As a result he’s checked the programme and come out in the wrong coloured helmet and tried to line up in Jack’s gate. 

Its a simple mistake that has been made and who’s to say it wasn’t Cami that spotted the issue first off and sent someone running across the centre green with the correct coloured helmet cover? 

Lets be honest, it’s not the first time this has happened and won’t be the last. In my opinion the fact it’s a new manager has absolutely nothing to do with it. 

Leaving the pits with the wrong helmet colour is the managers responsibility to ensure that a rider is properly prepared for the heat.

To say otherwise is a bit naive, buck stops with him im afraid but as i say if you don't make mistakes you don't learn by them im sure it won't happen again.

Surely it is the riders responsibility to make sure he is prepared for his next heat [fuel.helmet cover.bike working ]  Their has been many reasons put forward why it happened even the sly comments it would not have happened with the last team  manager but it did and with  other managers as well but as you say hopefully lessons learned 

45 minutes ago, MANSE said:

Surely it is the riders responsibility to make sure he is prepared for his next heat [fuel.helmet cover.bike working ]  Their has been many reasons put forward why it happened even the sly comments it would not have happened with the last team  manager but it did and with  other managers as well but as you say hopefully lessons learned 

It  was me that said that i didn't think such a basic mistake would have happened if Stewart had still been team manager . That is just my opinion , this is a forum to put forward one's opinion . 

Your opinion is that the riders were to blame , that's fine , that's what you think . My confusion comes in when one is an opinion and another opinion is a sly comment . Very strange . 

• Like 1

I was not referring to any particular post but their was various postings with the comment

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 6:56 PM, Lioness said:

It's in the comic err I mean rule book that it is the team managers responsibility to ensure his riders getto tape within the allotted time and wearing the correct helmet colour. Someone posted the regulation a couple of days ago

It has as far as I am aware been the Managers responsibility but its happened time to move on.

Anyway is it not about time on your long awaited return to trackside must be on the cards sometime soon surely ;)

Since when has only one rider been allowed to go off 15 meters ? I thought if a tapes infringement takes place you start in your original gate 15m back. If in the re-run another happens same thing applies right? There is no reason why all 4 riders couldn't start off the 15 metre line is there?