Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Aces High

Belle Vue vs Wolves - Ko Cup - 7th May 18 12pm

Recommended Posts

Can't see a match thread anywhere for this. The weather is forecast to be glorious for this for a change! Shame Wolves will be without Lindgren this time around :wink: but the teams look fairly well matched in their 1-5 so should be a close meeting. Reserves should swing it our way.

Edited by Aces High

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be a great meeting this . Thorsell ,Schlein,Howarth and Masters all fly around the NSS 

Aces reserves and choice of guest could be deciding factors 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Should be a great meeting this . Thorsell ,Schlein,Howarth and Masters all fly around the NSS 

Aces reserves and choice of guest could be deciding factors 

I wouldn't say they 'fly'. They've had some decent rides but far from consistent, although consistency is tough there.

Howarth I wouldn't class as flying round there in the slightest, one of his poorest away tracks I think. That said, he is much improved.

I'd be shocked and pleasantly surprised if Wolves got within 12.

Edited by BWitcher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

I wouldn't say they 'fly'. They've had some decent rides but far from consistent, although consistency is tough there.

Howarth I wouldn't class as flying round there in the slightest, one of his poorest away tracks I think. That said, he is much improved.

I'd be shocked and pleasantly surprised if Wolves got within 12.

Pretty much agree with all that, Kyle seems to be struggling with an injury at the moment, he withdrew from Sheffields meeting this week after pulling up during his third ride. Hoping we keep it close enough to give us a decent chance in the second leg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok , sorry 

Ive personally seen Thorsell , Schlein , and Masters 'fly' round BV, but maybe not so much Kyle .....

Although he does seem to go well there ?

 it'll be a close meeting IMO, 

Edited by WestGorton1884

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem will be if the weather is too nice, will be keeping the track dust free , as it is a 12.00 noon meeting.

Belle Vue have had early leads in the last couple of home meetings, and have failed to capitalise on them, with both being very close finishes at the end, and this could easily be another of those close finishes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not wishing to appear pedantic, but referring to the thread title, isn't this a KO Cup fixture ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the BSPA Web-site it is a KO Cup match 1st leg I assume.

The official BV Web-sites calendar does not show type of meeting, Am I correct in assuming the 2nd leg is at Wolves on the 18th of June.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, woodenspoon said:

According to the BSPA Web-site it is a KO Cup match 1st leg I assume.

The official BV Web-sites calendar does not show type of meeting, Am I correct in assuming the 2nd leg is at Wolves on the 18th of June.

Yes, that is what the Wolves web-site says.

With regard to the tie, I am not hopeful, we really don't go well at Belle Vue. Out at the first hurdle I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Car full of heathens coming to this,not sure who we will be shouting for

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beowulf said:

Yes, that is what the Wolves web-site says.

With regard to the tie, I am not hopeful, we really don't go well at Belle Vue. Out at the first hurdle I think.

You go better at our place than we do at urs.  We are underdogs over the 2 legs 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My bad, thanks for spotting. Title now amended :unsure:

Also think that this will be closer than the monmore leg unless we are significantly better than previous visits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bruno said:

Car full of heathens coming to this,not sure who we will be shouting for

It's hardly going to be for Wolves is it? :neutral:

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

You go better at our place than we do at urs.  We are underdogs over the 2 legs 

Nonsense . Both A and B fixtures you beat us over 2 legs in 2017

Edited by stevebrum
missing information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure with me Steve ,I started going to Monmore in 99 and after 10 years I nearly went to the dark side especially after Billy joined . In 2009 I went home and away and after a narrow defeat at Swindon I was really annoyed and realised I was almost a Wolves fan. I decided in 2010 I was going to convert but then out of the blue we came back and I was back to Wolves being the enemy. However let's be honest were never coming back in the true sense so Wolves mean more to me than any other team except the heathens of course. Strange but true

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

 

Nonsense . Both A and B fixtures you beat us over 2 legs in 2017

I'm not sure that the results last year have much relevance.  We are still weakened by the absence of Worrall and restricted for guests because of the fixtures on Monday and the mysterious return to rolling averages means that we lose the significant advantage of Bewley riding at reserve.

Subject to whoever we get as a guest I still think we can win the home leg but it's not going to be easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×