British Speedway Forum
Aces High

Belle Vue vs Wolves - Ko Cup - 7th May 18 12pm

2 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

I'm not sure that the results last year have much relevance.  We are still weakened by the absence of Worrall and restricted for guests because of the fixtures on Monday and the mysterious return to rolling averages means that we lose the significant advantage of Bewley riding at reserve.

Subject to whoever we get as a guest I still think we can win the home leg but it's not going to be easy.

Which makes Phils comment irrelevant too then. 

However if we are going by usual season appearances it's actually the reverse as the Aces are usually better value at the Green than we are at the NSS.

The Aces are injury hit this season so far so it's certainly not usual as you were.

We have scraped home the last two meetings hanging on in the end, wouldn't surprise me if Wolves nicked this. A lot will depend on who we get in for Worrall and how Drozdz goes.

Edited by bellevueace
  • Like 1

The NSS is the fairest track in the league, hence the close scores,the loss of Steve Worrall hasn't helped either, so over 2 legs Wolves should (IMHO) win on aggregate.

Very true the NSS is very fair and away riders love it that will always make it more difficult at home. Same could have been said many years ago about Hyde Road but i remember when opponents got nowhere near the Aces meeting after meeting.

Most riders nowadays will carry at least one fast engine good for our place so no surprised. Probably the reason why the track is such an advantage for the Colts but not the Aces.

I think we will go R/R for worrall but personally I would go for the pole at Leicester. He's only one really available 

15 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

I think we will go R/R for worrall but personally I would go for the pole at Leicester. He's only one really available 

who please. ????

35 minutes ago, hyderd said:

who please. ????

Piezcek or however u spell it

Edited by Phil The Ace

Klindt the guest for Worrall. 

Bewley rides at 2. Drozdz to reserve 

Let's hope for better from Klindt than his 6 from 7 rides score for Poole last year when he was riding at reserve.

Bewley moving into the 1-5 is deserved and good for his career progression but we shall miss not being able to slot him in for anybody who is underperforming. Hopefully, Drozdz can score some points at reserve at home but he will find it more difficult on our travels until he gets more experience of UK tracks.

Overall, we are considerably weaker but if Klindt has one of his better nights we can still win this but it will be close.

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Klindt the guest for Worrall. 

Bewley rides at 2. Drozdz to reserve 

Weakens Belle Vue considerably. Bewley could have had 7 rides now a likely 4. Drodz at reserve will do OK but not the fire power of Bewley. 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Weakens Belle Vue considerably. Bewley could have had 7 rides now a likely 4. Drodz at reserve will do OK but not the fire power of Bewley. 

HE was never given 7 rides anyway. Only ever had 5

Mixed benefits for Belle Vue.

Weakens them in the short term, but longer term a spell at reserve could be very useful for Drodz to build up his confidence.

Bewley should be able to hold his own in the top five, especially at home.

11 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Mixed benefits for Belle Vue.

Weakens them in the short term, but longer term a spell at reserve could be very useful for Drodz to build up his confidence.

Bewley should be able to hold his own in the top five, especially at home.

I agree. Our problem tomorrow is that it does weaken us and so Klindt needs to have one of his better days and score at least 8 or 9. Otherwise, we could be in trouble unless Drozdz does exceptionally well at reserve.

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

5 considering he has been doing our heat 15's :lol: