British Speedway Forum
Aces High

Belle Vue vs Wolves - Ko Cup - 7th May 18 12pm

Late fitness decision on Kyle Howarth, R/R if he doe not ride.

Kyle has been doing well although he has previously had good and bad meetings at the NSS. Presumably, his rides would be taken by Schlein, Heeps and the reserves. Difficult to say whether Wolves are strengthened or weakened if he's not able to ride.

3 hours ago, Aces51 said:

Kyle has been doing well although he has previously had good and bad meetings at the NSS. Presumably, his rides would be taken by Schlein, Heeps and the reserves. Difficult to say whether Wolves are strengthened or weakened if he's not able to ride.

Although it's not been his best track in the past I don't see it as being difficult really, that weakens Wolves a lot.. he is way above the level of Heeps, Morris and Greaves.

• Like 1

Don't understand why at home we are using guests and not R/R when i m o Fricke,Tungate,Bewley and the better reserve on the night makes us far stronger than any guest does for Worrall.From memory Klindt never goes that well round the NSS and makes the job of taking a good lead to Wolves a much harder job.

Riding for the Lions in 2017 he scored 3 and 4 very poor guest.

Edited by B.V 72

8 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Although it's not been his best track in the past I don't see it as being difficult really, that weakens Wolves a lot.. he is way above the level of Heeps, Morris and Greaves.

I hope he's able to ride. On one of his good night at the NSS Wolves will be weaker without him but not on one of his poor nights. On his last appearance in September, 2017 he scored only 3 from 5 rides. Schlein could equal that in his one r/r ride.

8 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Totally agree massively weaker without Howarth. 

5 minutes ago, B.V 72 said:

Don't understand why at home we are using guests and not R/R when i m o Fricke,Tungate,Bewley and the better reserve on the night makes us far stronger than any guest does for Worrall.From memory Klint never goes that well round the NSS and makes the job of taking a good lead to Wolves a much harder job.

I agree, Klindt is too inconsistent and more likely to have a poor meeting than a good one.

However, I accept that the problem with r/r is that you can be in trouble if another rider has to withdraw from the meeting but we get few falls at the NSS so on balance I would take that chance and use r/r.

If we were talking the away leg then Klindt would be fine due to his  gating but at the NSS he will be picked off for fun. After all the calls to pick Auty he’ll probably pick him at Wolves lol. 

Aces rarely do well in two leg ties as Wolves just ramp up their already massive home track advantage. 

If it’s dry, dusty and difficult to pass they will likely win today. If we have a more normal circuit then the FTG Wolves will make for an entertaining meeting, especially for super seven ride Dan. Oh no he can’t now after the latest rule change. 

Lets hope Klindt brings his Workington form with him 18 from 7 rides

3 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

I've just heard Howarth might be missing so no need to worry about Belle Vue being one of his poorest away tracks. What happened anyway, has he ridden anywhere since Monday?

If they go with rr looking at the averages it looks like Schlein, Heeps plus the reserves to take the rides. Based on the recent Belle Vue form (Howarth 3/5, Schlein 9/6, Heeps 7/5 Greaves 3/3, Morris ?) gives a significant swing in favour of wolves. I'm not sure Klindt for Worrall will cut off I'm honest.

Wolves will be much weaker without Howarth, Heeps, Morris and Greaves are way below his level.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Update is Howarth passed fit to ride.

From the Wolves site - Howarth riding.

serious question  how can belle vue have a guest for steve  when the no 1 rider is cook   thought you could only guest for no1s or if two riders were missing or have I missed a rule change