British Speedway Forum
Aces High

Belle Vue vs Wolves - Ko Cup - 7th May 18 12pm

After a lot of fun this last couple of seasons it looks like normal service has been resumed. Win at home and keep the punters happy, maybe pop 1 or 2 away wins in to squeak into the play offs and get our backsides handed to us in the away leg. 

The honest truth is CVS and Adams are going to retire sooner rather than later. Until that happens and we, hopefully, get new management, this is how it will be. It isn't that have given up necessarily, just that spending money when you aren't going to be around to see the benefit isn't a runner.

I tried to ignore the worries about Thorssell away from home but it certainly looks like the doomsayers were correct;)

Edited by Wolfsbane

Great afternoons Speedway , young Bewley seems to improve every week 

a minor gripe , but sold out of programmes 10 minutes before racing started  ! .

A major part of the sport, the race card .

Edited by WestGorton1884

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Perhaps if Belle Vue’s crowds are down on last year they might need some cash. Matt needs to get on the phone and make a decent offer on the youngster. Would come on leaps and bounds riding at Wimborne Road.

Great point Steve..

Dan's Achilles Heel seems to be his gating as passing comes second nature to him..

Therefore riding on a track that doesn't allow such passing might be just what he needs...

And at the same time, develop his Supercross skills, giving him another string to his bow, should his Speedway career not work out...☺

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

He's fishing, don't bite!

Most people took it in the spirit in which it was written. 

• Like 6

Well if that does not bring people back for more nothing will.Everything you could ask for in a speedway meeting even the Wolves fans must have enjoyed the racing if not the result.

• Like 1

Cracking meeting with Wolves playing a full part. Bewley's brilliant win in heat 6 to beat Masters was the highlight but there was some decent stuff in almost every race.

Glorious day brought out a huge crowd.

Word for the track staff who did a fantastic job given the weather.

Star of the show was, again, .................Chase the Ace. Mascots are usually pretty mediocre but he is nothing less than magic.

PS I must admit I am wondering why I bother going elsewhere when Belle Vue is the closest to my home  :unsure:. There was more passing in one race here than in all 30 at Workington and Berwick over the weekend. 

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

Fantastic to see Bewley doing so well, he is making the NSS his own. Would like to see him make the step up un the Championship now, he needs to be banging in big scores everywhere in that league and should be Workington number one by the end of the season. 

Great to see he has been nominated for the GP qualifiers.

Superb meeting, great atmosphere, cracking racing!

Dan Bewley is surely Peter Craven reborn.

........and as Halifaxtiger says Chase the Ace is brill.

Agree, the way he worked the track to pass in Ht 6 was a sure sign of his class. Reminded me of Collins.

Good performance from both Jye and Damian.

They both need time to develop and I am sure Belle Vue will nurture them.

Great crowd, brilliant racing, track staff worked wonders to keep the dust at bay and Wolverhampton, whilst disappointing, made the gate a sufficient number of times and fought hard to make the Aces work for their points.

21 hours ago, Aces51 said:

Kyle has been doing well although he has previously had good and bad meetings at the NSS. Presumably, his rides would be taken by Schlein, Heeps and the reserves. Difficult to say whether Wolves are strengthened or weakened if he's not able to ride.

17 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Although it's not been his best track in the past I don't see it as being difficult really, that weakens Wolves a lot.. he is way above the level of Heeps, Morris and Greaves.

8 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Totally agree massively weaker without Howarth. 

6 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Wolves will be much weaker without Howarth, Heeps, Morris and Greaves are way below his level.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.  3 from 4 rides. Schlein, Heeps and Morris would have at least equalled and probably bettered that today so they certainly wouldn't have been weakened much, a lot or massively. In fact not at all.

Edited by Aces51

Dan once again proving he is capable in the main body but it also helps us to develop the other two. Drozdz has something about him and will do well, I still think we are pretty strong at reserve at home. Jye has been pleasantly surprisingly as well, capable of chipping in.

Edited by Aces High
  • Like 1

Man of the Match...... the Track Man it was oh so hot but NO dust it just shows it can be done 

• Like 3

Another great meeting at Belle Vue, a credit to the sport, some fantastic racing and a good crowd.

• Like 1