British Speedway Forum
Aces High

Belle Vue vs Wolves - Ko Cup - 7th May 18 12pm

Just now, KevH said:

He'll be 19 on the 20th of this month.

Thought so..To old to do any good :(

Joking.At this rate he will join Lambo in the England squad pretty soon..Nice to see young Brits getting a chance. I don't know what he is doing this year, but so far it's working great.

Alarm bells ringing for Wolves.

We are really missing Freddie as Jacob is struggling away.

Heeps and Greaves struggling too.

Time for a shuffle of the pack.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aces51 said:

Or you could just be straight and say;  I said r/r for Howarth would weaken us a lot, Howarth scored 3 and it is highly unlikely that r/r would have scored less and certainly not a lot less, I accept that is impossible.

Keep going on about r/r scoring more than Howarth did is totally irrelevant when your point was the team would be weakened a lot, which logically means his replacements scoring less.

Why would I say it?

R/R for Howarth weakens us a lot, I stand by that.

That doesn't mean that Howarth is going to be better than the RR riders every time, nor the other way round. The simple fact is, before a wheel is turned no Wolves fan would have wanted RR for Howarth. If the match was to take place again tomorrow, we still wouldn't want RR for Howarth and our team would be weaker.

As I said, it was always academic anyway as Belle Vue are far too good.

Anyway little point in us going round in circles, I accept your point, it made no difference at all in the actual meeting.

Edited by BWitcher

35 minutes ago, bruno said:

Cracking meeting again at the NSS better racing than the score suggests, water tractor out after every 2 heats but worth it to produce the quality racing on such a hot day. Hats off to the track staff. One small moan, why did it take so long to get heat 15 run. After the track had been watered because of the delay it had to be done again because it dried out. Strange. Meeting was still run at a good pace though ,just wish I lived closer

It was announced several times that paramedics were dealing with a gentleman who had collapsed in south stand (and is ok).

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Rob B said:

It was announced several times that paramedics were dealing with a gentleman who had collapsed in south stand (and is ok).

Good news that he is ok.

7 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

An old gentleman collapsed behind us in South stand so the paramedics were attending to him. So a genuine reason for the delay. 

Obviously that's fair enough then Phil, they should tell the crowd though everyone would understand then. Thanks for the info

Must have missed the announcement , we were in the south stand but between speakers so couldn't hear too well

1 hour ago, bruno said:

Obviously that's fair enough then Phil, they should tell the crowd though everyone would understand then. Thanks for the info

They did announce it a few times.  You must have been chatting away lol

• Like 1

Terrific speedway meeting. When it's done properly it really is an excellent sport.

Passing in every race and not a single bit of dust. 

It must be a joy to ride but a nightmare at the same time because defending a lead when the track is riding like it did yesterday is next to impossible. I'd say of the 15 races only 2 were won from the tapes. 

I'm naturally biased as a BV fan but this place really is a diamond in what is a rapidly declining sport in the UK. 

Excellent atmosphere. Excellent facilities. Excellent racing. 

If every track did it like this the sport would be booming here. 

• Like 5

Just love the Wolves OS's headline................................... 'Cup hopes in the balance':rolleyes:

more like 'cup hopes down the gurgler'.

:rofl:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Is Cook saving himself for GP and Poland? ,pretty mediocre start to season IMO 

It's an odd one but I suspect it is a combination of a lack of rides due to not doubling up and being cautious not to miss the GP's. There have been flashes of last seasons form but he hasn't really put together a full meeting yet for the us like Max and Dan have. I suspect the best is yet to come, his form in Poland improving is a good sign.

12 hours ago, magnificentseven said:

Alarm bells ringing for Wolves.

We are really missing Freddie as Jacob is struggling away.

Heeps and Greaves struggling too.

Time for a shuffle of the pack.

Alarm bells aren't ringing at all.

We have only had 2 away meetings, one which we took an away point and Jacob top scored with double figures. 

Alarmist post with no valid back up.

Just to add no surprise at the loss at the NSS,  we are pants there. The margin was very poor tho.

Edited by stevebrum
added detail.

43 minutes ago, Aces High said:

It's an odd one but I suspect it is a combination of a lack of rides due to not doubling up and being cautious not to miss the GP's. There have been flashes of last seasons form but he hasn't really put together a full meeting yet for the us like Max and Dan have. I suspect the best is yet to come, his form in Poland improving is a good sign.

Having watched his Polish meetings half of the guys he manages to beat ,I have never heard of and are Polish juniors.He doesn't look fast enough!

2 hours ago, acef said:

If every track did it like this the sport would be booming here. 

You would have thought so... but, until Belle Vue are booming, it doesn't really hold water unfortunately.