British Speedway Forum
Aces High

Belle Vue vs Wolves - Ko Cup - 7th May 18 12pm

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Most people took it in the spirit in which it was written. 

I know :) but you know some won't :)

1 hour ago, Aces51 said:

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.  3 from 4 rides. Schlein, Heeps and Morris would have at least equalled and probably bettered that today so they certainly wouldn't have been weakened much, a lot or massively. In fact not at all.

Indeed it is, except your conclusion doesn't really add up. Not a cat hells chance of Heeps or Morris finishing any better than Howarth in his first two rides. He then finished ahead of Morris in his 3rd. Indeed, it seems he gave Bewley one his toughest races (discounting Heat 15). Schlein was 5-1'd by Cook and Bewley as Howarth was.

Only really his 4th ride could they have done better as Howarth was excluded.

Reality is, it didn't really matter and never was going to matter. Wolves side simply not good enough away from home and especially at the NSS.

1 hour ago, Aces51 said:

Great crowd, brilliant racing, track staff worked wonders to keep the dust at bay and Wolverhampton, whilst disappointing, made the gate a sufficient number of times and fought hard to make the Aces work for their points.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.  3 from 4 rides. Schlein, Heeps and Morris would have at least equalled and probably bettered that today so they certainly wouldn't have been weakened much, a lot or massively. In fact not at all.

Yes true but he is just back from injury 

10 hours ago, ouch said:

If we were talking the away leg then Klindt would be fine due to his  gating but at the NSS he will be picked off for fun. After all the calls to pick Auty he’ll probably pick him at Wolves lol. 

Aces rarely do well in two leg ties as Wolves just ramp up their already massive home track advantage. 

If it’s dry, dusty and difficult to pass they will likely win today. If we have a more normal circuit then the FTG Wolves will make for an entertaining meeting, especially for super seven ride Dan. Oh no he can’t now after the latest rule change. 

errr koc winners over 2 legs pmsl remind me again what the score was today :lol:

You need to check the meaning of the word rarely in the dictionary you dense tw@£.

Do you even follow The Aces?

SS out for a bite.:D He knows his speedway though, he also knows Dan won't be wearing the skull n crossbones (unless as a guest). If he keeps his feet on the ground, the only place Bewley is going is the GP series & ExtraLiga in Poland. Not this year, probably not next year, but soon...

Natalie Quirk summed him up nicely at the match today. To paraphrase her, she said it was fun going to the NSS & watching him improve week on week. Spot on Nat. It's just a thrill to watch the kid race. :approve:

2 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Indeed it is, except your conclusion doesn't really add up. Not a cat hells chance of Heeps or Morris finishing any better than Howarth in his first two rides. He then finished ahead of Morris in his 3rd. Indeed, it seems he gave Bewley one his toughest races (discounting Heat 15). Schlein was 5-1'd by Cook and Bewley as Howarth was.

Only really his 4th ride could they have done better as Howarth was excluded.

Reality is, it didn't really matter and never was going to matter. Wolves side simply not good enough away from home and especially at the NSS.

It's your conclusions that don't add up. It wasn't a question of doing better than Howarth. You said his absence and using r/r "weakens us a lot". In other words that r/r would score significantly less than Howarth, not more. Are you really suggesting that Schlein, Heeps and Morris would not have scored 3 in Howarth's rides. Indeed to weaken you a lot they would probably have had to fail to score at all.

Edited by Aces51

44 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

It's your conclusions that don't add up. It wasn't a question of doing better than Howarth. You said his absence and using r/r "weakens us a lot". In other words that r/r would score significantly less than Howarth, not more. Are you really suggesting that Schlein, Heeps and Morris would not have scored 3 in Howarth's rides. Indeed to weaken you a lot they would probably have had to fail to score at all.

You can be weakened and it not effect the score.. we're that poor to begin with!

I've explained the rationale in my post, none of the three would have done better in Howarth's first two rides for sure. Realistically only the race he was excluded in might they have improved things.

The reality is, as I said, Belle Vue were far too good, as I said they would be all along. 

3 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

You can be weakened and it not effect the score.. we're that poor to begin with!

I've explained the rationale in my post, none of the three would have done better in Howarth's first two rides for sure. Realistically only the race he was excluded in might they have improved things.

The reality is, as I said, Belle Vue were far too good, as I said they would be all along. 

Or you could just be straight and say;  I said r/r for Howarth would weaken us a lot, Howarth scored 3 and it is highly unlikely that r/r would have scored less and certainly not a lot less, I accept that is impossible.

Keep going on about r/r scoring more than Howarth did is totally irrelevant when your point was the team would be weakened a lot, which logically means his replacements scoring less.

Brilliant afternoon of racing. Just brilliant. 

2 teams make a match and the score doesn't reflect how wolves rode TBH. 

Is our lead big enough. I'd say I don't know. Going to be close one 

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Phil The Ace said:

Brilliant afternoon of racing. Just brilliant. 

2 teams make a match and the score doesn't reflect how wolves rode TBH. 

Is our lead big enough. I'd say I don't know. Going to be close one 

True , great racing from both sets of riders.

Cracking meeting again at the NSS better racing than the score suggests, water tractor out after every 2 heats but worth it to produce the quality racing on such a hot day. Hats off to the track staff. One small moan, why did it take so long to get heat 15 run. After the track had been watered because of the delay it had to be done again because it dried out. Strange. Meeting was still run at a good pace though ,just wish I lived closer

How old is Bewley bloke...His average has nearly doubled last seasons.Whats the secret .:P

Edited by Bald Bloke

8 minutes ago, bruno said:

Cracking meeting again at the NSS better racing than the score suggests, water tractor out after every 2 heats but worth it to produce the quality racing on such a hot day. Hats off to the track staff. One small moan, why did it take so long to get heat 15 run. After the track had been watered because of the delay it had to be done again because it dried out. Strange. Meeting was still run at a good pace though ,just wish I lived closer

An old gentleman collapsed behind us in South stand so the paramedics were attending to him. So a genuine reason for the delay. 

8 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

How old is Bewley bloke...His average has nearly doubled last seasons.Whats the secret .:P

He'll be 19 on the 20th of this month.