British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Welwyn

Wroclaw - SON Final

Anyone had experience going to Wroclaw in the past? What's it like? Best way to get there? Easy to get around when you are there?

Lovely city with a great old  town square. If you are in Luton I would fly Wizz air from Luton to Wroclaw. http://airport.wroclaw.pl/en/passager/getting-here/

Edit found this as well

It's easy to get there from the city centre. Just take trams number 9 or 17 from Dominikański Square (Plac Dominikański, next to Dominikańska shopping mall), direction - Stadion Olimpijski. Get off at "Stadion Olimpijski" stop. From there it's a 3 minute walk through the park.

Edited by racers and royals

On 04/05/2018 at 4:50 PM, racers and royals said:

Lovely city with a great old  town square. If you are in Luton I would fly Wizz air from Luton to Wroclaw. http://airport.wroclaw.pl/en/passager/getting-here/

Edit found this as well

It's easy to get there from the city centre. Just take trams number 9 or 17 from Dominikański Square (Plac Dominikański, next to Dominikańska shopping mall), direction - Stadion Olimpijski. Get off at "Stadion Olimpijski" stop. From there it's a 3 minute walk through the park.

Good to hear. Any recommendations for hotel/hostel?

Wrocław is probably my favourite Polish City of the ones I have visited. It's a lovely place and great for a short break.

Getting to the speedway from the Centre is very easy, as R&R has said. The only slight downside to the whole thing is that I'm not sure I've ever seen a truly great speedway meeting there. 

As for accomodation, it really depends what you are willing to pay. There are some nice hotels there from the major chains, and I have always stayed in one or other of those, but I'm sure there are some great apartments and budget hotels too.

I was in Wroclaw in September last year. Stayed at a place in Old Town called Academus. Nice clean n comfy room, en suite, tea/coffee/kettle in there,was around 30 quid a night. Other benefits are it has it's own bar on the ground floor serving range of excellent beers. Is just a minutes walk to the main square & a short walk to the river too. You'll find it on Booking.com, has excellent review scores, deservedly so too. Good luck with your trip. 

Edited by mikec